F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > COVID Vaccine
proTUNING Freaks
View Poll Results: Will you have the jab?
Yes 191 87.61%
No 27 12.39%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

01-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #111
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

So which 10 forum members have voted ‘no’ to having the vaccine then.

I’m curious as to the reasons why if any of you don’t mind sharing.

As long as it’s not because you think the government are going to use it to track you
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:45 PM   #112
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Tomorrow’s Telegraph (behind a paywall) is reporting that the government’s (internal) target is to vaccinate all over 18s by June. They suggest that the aim is 4 to 5 million vaccinations a week.

For obvious reasons, this isn’t what they are saying publicly, but it’s good to hear their ambition.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #113
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post

As long as it’s not because you think the government are going to use it to track you
Re-read post #49
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:41 PM   #114
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

As previously posted, I had my jab yesterday in the hospital I work in (Pfizer jab).

Side effects : sore arm at site of the jab - very noticeable last night, it's eased off as I've gone through the day. Sore to the point of uncomfortable raising above shoulder height or lifting anything heavy.

My RHR yesterday was 49. Today it's 50. Seven day average is 49 (range in the last 7 days is 46-56). So nothing out of the ordinary for me there

I was supposed to be training today (hour interval session on the rower), but decided not to bother, let the pain and stiffness reduce, a couple of days not training won't hurt.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #115
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Will it auto-upload to Strava ?

Just asking ....
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #116
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
As previously posted, I had my jab yesterday in the hospital I work in (Pfizer jab).

Side effects : sore arm at site of the jab - very noticeable last night, it's eased off as I've gone through the day. Sore to the point of uncomfortable raising above shoulder height or lifting anything heavy.

My RHR yesterday was 49. Today it's 50. Seven day average is 49 (range in the last 7 days is 46-56). So nothing out of the ordinary for me there

I was supposed to be training today (hour interval session on the rower), but decided not to bother, let the pain and stiffness reduce, a couple of days not training won't hurt.
Sounds very similar to what we are seeing here.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #117
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Will it auto-upload to Strava ?

Just asking ....
Obviously only complete idiots believe the vaccine will allow the government to track you or make you go out and buy Microsoft products
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 04:38 AM   #118
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Obviously only complete idiots believe the vaccine will allow the government to track you or make you go out and buy Microsoft products
I love the fact that most of these discussions on being tracked happen via, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. The irony.
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2021, 04:50 AM   #119
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Urgh I just bought Windows 10 for my MacBook Pro
Appreciate 1
Hooded1669.00
      01-17-2021, 06:29 AM   #120
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
I love the fact that most of these discussions on being tracked happen via, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. The irony.
Worst apps out there
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 06:40 AM   #121
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Quote:

Re-read post #49
Yes, some of the comments on here aren't likely to encourage those who are saying they'll refuse the vaccine to try to explain their reasons why!

Personally I'll be having it as soon as it's offered (and voted accordingly in the poll) but, as was discussed earlier in the thread, if there are people who believe the consequences for them of getting Covid are unlikely to be significant - and they also fear the rapid development of the vaccines means their longer term side effects are unknown - I could just about understand them refusing a vaccine, at least for now.

What would be interesting, though, is whether their view would change if the vaccines were shown to have an effect on reducing transmissibility and not just on symptoms if infected. Hitherto the official line has been the vaccines might reduce transmissibility but there's no proof they do (and hence the only one you're putting at risk by not having one is yourself); however, if that changes - and the vaccines are shown to reduce transmissibility - it could perhaps be argued that people are then being a touch selfish if they refuse one when offered?
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 06:52 AM   #122
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
Quote:

Re-read post #49
Yes, some of the comments on here aren't likely to encourage those who are saying they'll refuse the vaccine to try to explain their reasons why!

Personally I'll be having it as soon as it's offered (and voted accordingly in the poll) but, as was discussed earlier in the thread, if there are people who believe the consequences for them of getting Covid are unlikely to be significant - and they also fear the rapid development of the vaccines means their longer term side effects are unknown - I could just about understand them refusing a vaccine, at least for now.

What would be interesting, though, is whether their view would change if the vaccines were shown to have an effect on reducing transmissibility and not just on symptoms if infected. Hitherto the official line has been the vaccines might reduce transmissibility but there's no proof they do (and hence the only one you're putting at risk by not having one is yourself); however, if that changes - and the vaccines are shown to reduce transmissibility - it could perhaps be argued that people are then being a touch selfish if they refuse one when offered?
I don't see why anyone would worry about having their views challenged, even if the minority view. One should be prepared to back one's own opinions (and, in the context of a discussion forum, I don't mean by offering fisticuffs).

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 06:54 AM   #123
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Worst apps out there
Only if you care about being tracked and monitored. I decided years ago it was futile to try and prevent it and now really just don’t care.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:02 AM   #124
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Arm / shoulder soreness much reduced today - it's barely there, and only really noticeable if I apply pressure to the area.

Really low RHR today, even by my standards, 44 !
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #125
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Only if you care about being tracked and monitored. I decided years ago it was futile to try and prevent it and now really just don’t care.
I try and set any apps in iOS to use location either ‘while using’ or ‘never’, although I don’t let it worry me too much these days.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:20 AM   #126
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
I don't see why anyone would worry about having their views challenged, even if the minority view. One should be prepared to back one's own opinions.
Agree^ I’ve made mine pretty clear, that I’m not dead-set against getting one of the jabs eventually (maybe for next flu season if all is still going well), but airing on the side of caution for now due to the skipping of the 2 year observation period for any latent adverse events.

Adding to that the fact that the current vaccines are believed to be unlikely to prevent you from spreading the virus asymptomatically, I don’t think my stance is a particularly selfish one either.

Would I consider getting one of the jabs sooner (if offered it) if they are later proven to prevent any asymptomatic spread? Possibly yes. As long as I’m convinced the vaccine appears to be safe at that time (meaning no worrying events have yet shown up).

Last edited by Hooded; 01-17-2021 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #127
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Jab rate is more than 1 per second in England currently.

Impressive.
      01-17-2021, 08:13 AM   #128
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

Impressive.
Genuinely think this aspect of the pandemic is something the government has got spot on!
Appreciate 1
DougMcL787.00
      01-17-2021, 08:15 AM   #129
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Quote:

Impressive.
Genuinely think this aspect of the pandemic is something the government has got spot on!
Agree it's very very impressive now.

Europe is some way behind.
      01-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #130
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBMW View Post
Arm / shoulder soreness much reduced today - it's barely there, and only really noticeable if I apply pressure to the area.

Really low RHR today, even by my standards, 44 !
That was how it worked with me. The next day a sore arm and a mild headache. The day after that I only had a small area of pain, if pushed right at the site of injection and then it was gone by day 3. For shot two it was identical, but I would say a bit worse with mild fatigue on the day after the shot that resolved after going to bed early. Those symptoms were identical for my wife and daughter (since we were in the trial we got things a bit earlier). I would have qualified as a health care professional, as would my wife, but since we were in the trial we did not need those doses and gave them to the next person in line (so to speak).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #131
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Impressive.
I am glad there is an increase. Last week when I looked the UK was at 4% of the population, the US was at 3%. Of course our newspapers were critical when compared to Israel at 20 something percent. Plus with Canada ordering so many vaccines, people were worried here.

I expect in the next two weeks that we will have a serious push and vaccines in arms will dramatically increase. Even when things are done right there are problems with availability of the vaccine. Hopefully things will go more smoothly and we can get 100 million doses in in 100 days....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #132
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Quote:

Impressive.
Glad to hear things are going well. The interesting thing is, although the scale of vaccination is daunting, the actual process is quite simple with planning. We are a small to mid sized medical school in one of the poorer states and, biased as I may be , we have it working well. The reason is that we have as one of our core medical school and hospital missions is outreach to the poor, so we have experience in getting out in the community and providing health care. But I think equally important, we have common folks on the ground that are being listened to that have the experience to get this done and thus we drew on that experience and did not "reinvent the wheel." You can read the news and see in some places this has not gone smoothly at all. Hopefully that will be solved soon and we can nit the 1 million a day mark.

My guess is we will be lucky to get 50% vaccine uptake in the US. I hope we can get 60-70%. I hope that number combined with natural infections we will hit close to herd immunity. Either way it will allow all of us to open up. And with certification of vaccination we will also be allowed to travel outside the country assuming that is desired.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread