F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

01-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #6139
nachogol171
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F22 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Sorry, I can't help you with the aftermarket camera issue. My problem was with my OEM camera, and the reason why it wasn't displaying, although it worked all the time, was that the MMI was always switching to the MMI camera view when I reversed which was showing a black image, because there was no aftermarket camera connected to the unit. It behaved as though I selected "Aftermarket" camera in the reverse settings although I selected "Original".

What you described sounds like a faulty camera/cable/connection to me, although I'm no expert on aftermarket camera installation. Why don't you contact the seller directly and forget about customer support (which was useless in my case) and ask them to replace you the camera (if it's still under some kind of warranty) and then try installing the new camera.

Don't know really how to help you further with this issue, sorry.
Thanks! i already contact the seller and they provided me a whatsapp number, si im in touch with them. I already check the wiring and it seems ok. i think the issue is the camera itself or the box (hopefully the camera), because it was working fine before.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #6140
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennids View Post
Where are these diagrams from? Do you have bigger pictures?
I have installed an andream A box on an E60 with CIC, didn't have to plug in the iDrive controller wires and everything works, but the headunit unit is not accessible anymore via the CANBUS.
Direct from the Andream AliExpress seller "Andream Official Store". I cannot upload a larger version. desktop view should work.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 07:49 PM   #6141
fdaw750
Rep
Drives: 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly1337 View Post
Awesome, thank you! I added it to the 1st page for the sake of completeness.
The header matches the later versions but this release contains all partitions. So in case the burn failure is caused because of missing partitions (or the delta update itself) it might be a potential fix. But I guess not - since it didn't work for you.
I tried applying BR104 today on the RoadTop B unit but also got the dreaded Burn Failed error. I'm at a loss with this thing.

As @rimsilva has experienced, I also was not able to downgrade my MCU from 20.10.22.16 to 20.06.02. The file is named upgrade.bin but it cannot be read by the MMI, I tried renaming it to NMCU.BIN (same name when I applied 20.10.22.16) but that did not work either.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 03:35 AM   #6142
BlackMask93
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMask93 View Post
Hey,
My iPhone can’t seem to reconnect to the Andream CarPlay device automatically . It can sometimes reconnect automatically on the first startup in the morning but throughout the day I’ll have to connect manually every single time I get back into the car and it can get quite annoying. I have to take the phone out of my pocket and select it manually in Bluetooth settings after starting the car up after the second or third time of getting into the car throughout the day. Is they're a way to make it automatically connect every time I get into the car with the iPhone?

P.S , I have removed the iPhone device from the iDrive so that wouldn’t be interfering with the connection to CarPlay via Bluetooth.
Thanks
Any suggestion deeply appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 04:31 AM   #6143
Rasoul77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdaw750 View Post
I tried this tool with three different USB sticks, some that had previously successfully updated the MMI, but it did not solve the Burn Failed message I was experiencing.

Not to say this is not a good tool, it seems to do a full format on the drive unlike Windows format which does a 'quick format' by default.

Bottom line, still having Burn Failed message on pretty much any USB drive and Update software on my RoadTop B unit.

I'm starting to suspect there's something in the unit's cache or root partition that's blocking new files from being uploaded and installed. Still working with the RoadTop support team who keep sending me one version after another without success.

Just for good measure, I received BR110 version for this unit in case it helps.
Thanks for your feedback!
Then I guess that we can omit a bad FAT32 format of USB memories as a root cause.
I just managed to successfully update to BR115, while took some pictures of the update process,

Hopefully @Firefly1337 can figure out a solution for the "Burn Failed" error.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 05:28 AM   #6144
Primax
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D F36 2015

For who has Android Auto and Andream Box, is the sound with bluetooth working fine?

Everytime i hit next song, or choose another, no sound:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c94n3xvqfq...e5fN0lusE&dl=0

Thanks
Appreciate 1
anyuser15.00
      01-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #6145
rimsilva
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: i3 60Ah BEV

No issue here. Andream box B version and AA.

Was working everything ok before? It happens with all music app?

Have you checked app permissions?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #6146
DerIs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F32 420d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerIs View Post
Do you guys, also have like a "static" noise in the speakers with "loud" music. If there's nothing playing, there's still that noise, affecting the quality.

AA and Andream unit B

If I recall. Aux volume in the car is set to 15. Also, volume in MMI is set to 15, alter volume 5. EQ flat line, as default.

Which config do you use to avoid that noisy "background" in the speakers?
Any ideas to try? Do you also experience this bad sound quality? Regards
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #6147
///Matt2
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F31-318d View Post
no no, the screen remains total black (looks like no power comes in)... and yes, I had to put it firmely inside the connection, but once plugged in, it was very hard to remove, exactly the same as the original one...
Did you find a solution to this? I have carlinkit unit and I am having the exact same problem as you?

Everything installed correctly. Power is running to the MMI unit. There is no image displayed on the screen.

Dip switches are correct. Optical cable transfered. All plugs firmly inserted.

Reverting back to the standard iDrive unit results in immediate restoration of the image to the screen.

Vehicle - BMW M2 F87 2015-2016 with NBT system

Last edited by ///Matt2; 01-22-2021 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #6148
Molinetti
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Hi, I continue with problems with the Andream unit A version with USB, it crashes and return to the main menu after 20 minutes more or less. I have tested it with two different firmwares, custom one from Bimmertech and the Andream original. I am little lost, I will try to test with other iPhone, mine is IPhone 11 with iOS 14.3. I hope it won’t be a hardware problem in my unit, it is strange because only occurs with wired connection, with wireless, is slower but never crash. Thanks in advance, regards!!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 02:55 PM   #6149
fdaw750
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasoul77 View Post
Thanks for your feedback!
Then I guess that we can omit a bad FAT32 format of USB memories as a root cause.
I just managed to successfully update to BR115, while took some pictures of the update process,

Hopefully @Firefly1337 can figure out a solution for the "Burn Failed" error.
Rasoul77 Congrats on getting BR115. Can you confirm what version you came from and what changes you've noticed?
I understand BR115 has the AA Widescreen Fix. That's my main envy

Last edited by fdaw750; 01-22-2021 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 04:55 PM   #6150
Rasoul77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i F30

Quote:
Rasoul77 Congrats on getting BR115. Can you confirm what version you came from and what changes you've noticed?
I understand BR115 has the AA Widescreen Fix. That's my main envy
Thanks! I noticed more options are now available in the settings. I will capture screenshots of the new settings and post them here.

My unit came with BR111, I updated to BR112 using the corresponding file in Post 3, then the Road Top support team sent me MCU 20.10.22.16, I updated the MCU and finally I updated the CUST software to BR115.

Regarding your problem of receiving "Burn failed", I thought a bit and by looking at the PCB pictures available in Post 4, I realized that the unit (if Andream and Road Top hardware are the same) uses a non-volatile Flash memory of 2 GB (soldered on the bottom side of the PCB). The writing procedure into this memory shall be like this: it writes a piece of data (let's say 64 KB) and then reads that piece of data to make sure that the data has been written correctly. If for any piece of data the read and write values differ even for 1 bit, I guess that this "Burn failed" error message will be displayed.

One question, do you get this "Burn failed" message when the progress bar has been completed (all the way to the end), or it happens in the middle of progress bar to the end?

Last edited by Rasoul77; 01-22-2021 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 05:07 PM   #6151
tekibg
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 LCI

Hi. I have flashed firmware to Universal version CIC from first page, but Android Auto doesn’t work, I can’t connect neither wired or wirelessly. CarPlay works nice. My MMI is Andream A CIC. Everything worked fine on original software. Do you have some ideas what is possible problem? Thanks

Last edited by tekibg; 01-22-2021 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 05:31 PM   #6152
fdaw750
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasoul77 View Post
Thanks! I noticed more options are now available in the settings. I will capture screenshots of the new settings and post them here.

My unit came with BR111, I updated to BR112 using the corresponding file in Post 3, then the Road Top support team sent me MCU 20.10.22.16, I updated the MCU and finally I updated the CUST software to BR115.

Regarding your problem of receiving "Burn failed", I thought a bit and by looking at the PCB pictures available in Post 4, I realized that the unit (if Andream and Road Top hardware are the same) uses a non-volatile Flash memory of 2 GB (soldered on the bottom side of the PCB). The writing procedure into this memory shall be like this: it writes a piece of data (let's say 64 KB) and then reads that piece of data to make sure that the data has been written correctly. If for any piece of data the read and write values differ even for 1 bit, I guess that this "Burn failed" error message will be displayed.

One question, do you get this "Burn failed" message when the progress bar has been completed (all the way to the end), or it happens in the middle of progress bar to the end?
I get the Burn Failed error right off that bat. I appears to copy the file to the internal flash memory (I think) and then it reboots and quickly gives me the burn filed message. Progress never gets started.

Is there any way to reset the device to factory? I'm suspecting some cache partition may have become corrupted and won't let the update happen.

Last edited by fdaw750; 01-22-2021 at 05:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 06:21 PM   #6153
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
I get the Burn Failed error right off that bat. I appears to copy the file to the internal flash memory (I think) and then it reboots and quickly gives me the burn filed message. Progress never gets started.

Is there any way to reset the device to factory? I'm suspecting some cache partition may have become corrupted and won't let the update happen.
It may be worth trying the recovery file method mentioned here. Seems low risk:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=6142
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 12:57 AM   #6154
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw640gc 2015Mercedes e40

Quote:
Odd because I thought this was a android problem.. I'm having the same issues now that I upgrade to the note 20 ultra .. previous phone (note 8) once i figured out the quirks and updated the firmware it ran great . Always connected and never disconnected.. but since I changed over to the note 20 all of a sudden it hardly ever self connects and once in a while it just disconnects itelf .I'm thinking of trying to downgrade my firmware and see if that helps ...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 01:23 AM   #6155
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep

Any new updates for the carlinkit units ?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 01:56 AM   #6156
tarven
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcelej View Post
I prepared a custom boot screen in 480x800 resolution and bmp extension.
Feel free to use if you like it

Anyone get this to work? After trying to update, I now get an all black startup screen. Better than stock, but no dice on the BMW logo.

I'm using Andream CIC B-Version.

Last edited by tarven; 01-23-2021 at 02:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 03:15 AM   #6157
matcelej
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarven View Post
Anyone get this to work? After trying to update, I now get an all black startup screen. Better than stock, but no dice on the BMW logo.

I'm using Andream CIC B-Version.
Try opening the file in picture editor and saving it once again. It works for me.
I also replaced the Carplay icon
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 03:57 AM   #6158
big_kitch
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 530d

Quote:
I posted about this same issue some pages back. I have the same issue with my iPhone with a Carlinkit unit. Never connects wirelessly so I now always used a wire. Others posted that they have similar problem. I also have an Android phone and that connects wirelessly every time...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 04:49 AM   #6159
Bigjule1111
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_kitch View Post
I posted about this same issue some pages back. I have the same issue with my iPhone with a Carlinkit unit. Never connects wirelessly so I now always used a wire. Others posted that they have similar problem. I also have an Android phone and that connects wirelessly every time...
My old note 8 connected wirelessly and ran wirelessly without any issues with the updated firmware.. note 20 even wired most of the times , it won't automatically connect
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:15 AM   #6160
Primax
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D F36 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimsilva View Post
No issue here. Andream box B version and AA.

Was working everything ok before? It happens with all music app?

Have you checked app permissions?
It works fine with original MEDIA from the car, after entering Android Auto music still plays, but if i do something regarding with music (spotify), musics just stops. Haven't tried any diferent app, but no sound at all.

Tried with BT's car, and with Andream BT's, same issue. Seller says i need to use AUX Cable to have sound, but having more cables inside is pointeless for me...

Wich version is mine? A or B?
View post on imgur.com

Last edited by Primax; 01-23-2021 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0