F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Extreme Powerhouse

10-30-2021, 12:44 PM   #16017
efvl
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Hi Shawn, could you send me the link to download the latest E-Sys Pro & psdzdata please?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #16018
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by efvl View Post
Hi Shawn, could you send me the link to download the latest E-Sys Pro & psdzdata please?
Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #16019
astr0nate
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 340xi

Does anyone know if I can use an MHD black adapter with a Cat5 cable in place of an ENET cable?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #16020
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by astr0nate View Post
Does anyone know if I can use an MHD black adapter with a Cat5 cable in place of an ENET cable?
Not for E-Sys.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #16021
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Luxury F30

Instrument cluster language changed after coding with Carly

Hi. Don't want to start a new thread over this but if needed please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated here.
I have a BMW F30 320i Luxury 2013. Imported from Japan and fully converted to English with NBT and Navigation. After some basic coding with Carly (enabling Cruise Control in HUD) the instrument cluster service messages after turning on the ignition, e.g. the 'Ignition switch on' message as well as service menus with oil or water levels, 'Service due in xxx km' message etc are switched back to Japanese. I have NBT Language set to English UK and Time zone to Wellington, Auckland as before. NBT is still in English, Navigation works. But the instrument cluster messages are now in Japanese. I tried to restore a couple of previews backups from the Carly app backup. It had no effect whatsoever. Turned the ignition on and off a few times, tried to restore a very first backup made by Carly, before I even started coding, no success. I also have Bimmercode with modBMW adapter which I can use for advanced coding if needed. What should I do? I didn't try to drive the vehicle yet but switching engine on and off doesn't help either. I feel like there's some mess with language files after that conversion as switching language in iDrive leaves it in English UK, doesn't matter what language I choose. But at least it was all in English until now, and it didn't bother me at all. iDrive Language setting doesn't change a thing. I've seen somewhere that for other languages to work in iDrive some other parameters should coded, not just the cluster language. Any cheatsheet link to that? Thanks.

PS. After investigating a bit I suspect it's maybe because I did CAFD coding first before VO coding, which reseted values to defaults, correct me if I'm wrong, please. Now, how to code it again?

Last edited by CaptainLockdown; 11-10-2021 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #16022
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLockdown View Post
Hi. Don't want to start a new thread over this but if needed please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated here.
I have a BMW F30 320i Luxury 2013. Imported from Japan and fully converted to English with NBT and Navigation. After some basic coding with Carly (enabling Cruise Control in HUD) the instrument cluster service messages after turning on the ignition, e.g. the 'Ignition switch on' message as well as service menus with oil or water levels, 'Service due in xxx km' message etc are switched back to Japanese. I have NBT Language set to English UK and Time zone to Wellington, Auckland as before. NBT is still in English, Navigation works. But the instrument cluster messages are now in Japanese. I tried to restore a couple of previews backups from the Carly app backup. It had no effect whatsoever. Turned the ignition on and off a few times, tried to restore a very first backup made by Carly, before I even started coding, no success. I also have Bimmercode with modBMW adapter which I can use for advanced coding if needed. What should I do? I didn't try to drive the vehicle yet but switching engine on and off doesn't help either. I feel like there's some mess with language files after that conversion as switching language in iDrive leaves it in English UK, doesn't matter what language I choose. But at least it was all in English until now, and it didn't bother me at all. iDrive Language setting doesn't change a thing. I've seen somewhere that for other languages to work in iDrive some other parameters should coded, not just the cluster language. Any cheatsheet link to that? Thanks.

PS. After investigating a bit I suspect it's maybe because I did CAFD coding first before VO coding, which reseted values to defaults, correct me if I'm wrong, please. Now, how to code it again?
Phone Apps are quite limited. Short Answer is you need to use E-Sys / PSdZData with ENET Cable, Edit FA and change Country Controller and Language Option COdes from Japan to English and then VO Code Kombi and Head Unit.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 04:25 PM   #16023
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Phone Apps are quite limited. Short Answer is you need to use E-Sys / PSdZData with ENET Cable, Edit FA and change Country Controller and Language Option COdes from Japan to English and then VO Code Kombi and Head Unit.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Any tips what exactly should I code to change that to English? Carly requested me to send them logs of what happened but it seems I will have to do it the way you said as the cluster essentially has been reset to the default language.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #16024
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Any tips what exactly should I code to change that to English? Carly requested me to send them logs of what happened but it seems I will have to do it the way you said as the cluster essentially has been reset to the default language.
I cannot help with iCarly. I can only advise as I did above, which is how to resolve with E-Sys.

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 07:10 PM   #16025
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
I cannot help with iCarly. I can only advise as I did above, which is how to resolve with E-Sys.
Hi. No, I don't need the help with Carly They are being paid to provide the support on their side, or I just return the adapter. I don't think Carly support will be helpful at this point, in fact their vague response and inability to connect to the support service is already too bad experience for me.

What should I code with E-sys? I just installed it and will be connecting in a 30min or so. The archive is big but the install went smoothly, will unpack psdzdata and it's ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #16026
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi. No, I don't need the help with Carly They are being paid to provide the support on their side, or I just return the adapter. I don't think Carly support will be helpful at this point, in fact their vague response and inability to connect to the support service is already too bad experience for me.

What should I code with E-sys? I just installed it and will be connecting in a 30min or so. The archive is big but the install went smoothly, will unpack psdzdata and it's ready to go.
As I wrote above:

Quote:
Edit FA and change Country Controller and Language Option COdes from Japan to English and then VO Code Kombi and Head Unit.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 01:00 AM   #16027
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep

After doing Edit FDL in KOMBI module, the E-sys freezes, the wheel keeps spinning and that's it. Any suggestions where to look?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 06:52 AM   #16028
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
After doing Edit FDL in KOMBI module, the E-sys freezes, the wheel keeps spinning and that's it. Any suggestions where to look?
If using a VM, Launcher PRO does not support.

Assuming you are not using a VM, change memory setting to "Default".

Not sure why you are FDL Coding though, as you need to Edit FA and VO Code as I worte, and VO Coding does not require E-Sys Launcher.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:17 AM   #16029
Romano_the_one
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F31

Hi,
I'm new and newbie related to this topic.
I'm looking for the last E-Sys Pro & psdzdata.
Someone can share me a link ?
Regards,
Romano
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #16030
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano_the_one View Post
Hi,
I'm new and newbie related to this topic.
I'm looking for the last E-Sys Pro & psdzdata.
Someone can share me a link ?
Regards,
Romano
Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 02:39 AM   #16031
CaptainLockdown
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
If using a VM, Launcher PRO does not support.

Assuming you are not using a VM, change memory setting to "Default".

Not sure why you are FDL Coding though, as you need to Edit FA and VO Code as I worte, and VO Coding does not require E-Sys Launcher.
Hi. Thanks for the help! Finally I made it work. Yes, I tried the VM but it was way too slow. So installed the Esys having famous PSDZData.dll can't find dependencies (something like that). So updated VCredist with latest x64 and x86 installations and it worked. Then what I did I went to the KOMBI L7_MID>3008 PIA_Einheiten and changed SPRACHE to uk (0x01). Since NBT was in in English already I didn't touch it. The best part, after that change I'm now able to change languages in the NBT to Chinese or Russian, and it works both for cluster and the NBT! Even before Carly screwed the cluster language I was able to set only Latin based languages (English, Italian, Spanish, German) but it wasn't taking Chinese or Russian. Not sure what's changed, probably the whole configuration has been corrected when coded back, some binary inconsistencies, who knows. But it's all working now! Was much easier than I thought. Thanks for the help again.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:39 AM   #16032
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
...But it's all working now! Was much easier than I thought. Thanks for the help again.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:44 AM   #16033
barni320
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i F32

HI

I have few questions about esys backups.

I made FDL Coding, before that i saved FA and SVT and I thought that are my backups. Now I read that to revert my changes I've should save CAFD NCD files after reading coding data.

That's procedure I've found:
Restore .NCD:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click CAFD File => Select New FDL => Navigate to C:\ESysData\CAF and select matching .NCD file => Left-Click on Inserted CAFD => Select FDL Code.

1)So now my question is, can I do something with FA or SVT files to restore my changes without CAFD (.NCD)? Or maybe I Can load SVT and then code it somehow?

2)I have one NCD file in E-sys CAF folders, but this data is before FDL coding (automatic backup?) or it's overwritten file by me?

Edit: I don't want to VO code whole module, because i made some changes before that i want to keep.

Last edited by barni320; 11-19-2021 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: EDIT
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #16034
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barni320 View Post
HI

I have few questions about esys backups.

I made FDL Coding, before that i saved FA and SVT and I thought that are my backups. Now I read that to revert my changes I've should save CAFD NCD files after reading coding data.

That's procedure I've found:
Restore .NCD:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click CAFD File => Select New FDL => Navigate to C:\ESysData\CAF and select matching .NCD file => Left-Click on Inserted CAFD => Select FDL Code.

1)So now my question is, can I do something with FA or SVT files to restore my changes without CAFD (.NCD)? Or maybe I Can load SVT and then code it somehow?

2)I have one NCD file in E-sys CAF folders, but this data is before FDL coding (automatic backup?) or it's overwritten file by me?

Edit: I don't want to VO code whole module, because i made some changes before that i want to keep.
If you want to backup modified .ncd files (post FDL Coding), simply read ECU Coding Data after FDL Coding, and copy the corresponding ECU .ncd file from C:\Data\CAF to backup location.

If your plan to do so though is so you can restore FDL Coding if ECU is upgraded via programming, I would not do so as if dealer programs the car, ECU will get a new CAFD, and restoring backed up coding data from old CAFD "A" into new CAFD "B" is not wise. They may not be aligned.

Why bother anyway, when you can recode car in 10 minutes.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #16035
barni320
Enlisted Member
Rep

If i knew it before that backups are in NCD files there were be no question. I thought SVT are backups, my bad. Now i have corresponding .NCD but I'm not sure if that appeared in esys folder after changes or before i made them. Can I check it somehow? "Read coding data" creates NCD or I created it by saving my changes?

The problem is I forgot what i coded 6mths ago . During this period was no ECU upgrade, so I assume restoring data from NCD is safe.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #16036
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barni320 View Post
If i knew it before that backups are in NCD files there were be no question. I thought SVT are backups, my bad. Now i have corresponding .NCD but I'm not sure if that appeared in esys folder after changes or before i made them. Can I check it somehow? "Read coding data" creates NCD or I created it by saving my changes?

The problem is I forgot what i coded 6mths ago . During this period was no ECU upgrade, so I assume restoring data from NCD is safe.
Saved FA is backup of Vehicle Order (e.g. Build Date, Type Code, Option Codes, etc.)

Saved SVT is back of installed ECU's and their Hardware and Firmware versions.

Any time you Read Coding Data from an ECU, it creates a fresh .ncd file which contains all current ECU Coding, whatever that may be. So long as ECU has not been updated with a newer CAFD file, then restoring coding data from a backed up .ncd file.

You can Open .ncd is in E-Sys FDL Editor, and spot check it to see if it contains your FDL Code changes or not.

Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 11:44 AM   #16037
barni320
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Saved FA is backup of Vehicle Order (e.g. Build Date, Type Code, Option Codes, etc.)

Saved SVT is back of installed ECU's and their Hardware and Firmware versions.

Any time you Read Coding Data from an ECU, it creates a fresh .ncd file which contains all current ECU Coding, whatever that may be. So long as ECU has not been updated with a newer CAFD file, then restoring coding data from a backed up .ncd file.

You can Open .ncd is in E-Sys FDL Editor, and spot check it to see if it contains your FDL Code changes or not.

Thank You!

That FDL Editor clarified me everything. It's modified .ncd, so I can assume that saving changes overwrite created earlier .ncd.

Thanks for explanation.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 08:51 AM   #16038
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Sean, would you be kind enough to send the latest ESys package. I'm now a couple of years out of date.
Also, which F-series data set is used for a 2021 F40 M135i car?
Thank you.
Appreciate 0