F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding Error when car was off led to corrupted CAFD
GetBMWParts

11-14-2019, 05:02 AM   #23
AlphaGeeky
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Oh, cool that makes me feel a bit better. I don't have anything retrofitted or added. All factory equipped. The head unit display (NBT) simply displays NO SIGNAL in Orange font on an otherwise black screen. Even after the car is powered off and locked.

Unless there is another way to unlock my ecu for updating I'm convinced that reflashinh my HU_NBT2 module is my only solution. However, I did find this website, I am curious ( https://fscmap.com/product/unlock/ ) if it's legit or not. But at this point I'm ready to toss in the towel on this whole, no radio or display after almost 3 days of racking my brain and scouring the net for answers. And $50 seems a small price to pay for the problem to go away and unlock my ecu'sc ability to receive code again.

Last edited by AlphaGeeky; 11-14-2019 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 10:24 PM   #24
Gary Catlin
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGeeky View Post
I didnt lose power or lose connection, the FDL coding that i've done so many times before simply failed and left me with the No Signal Screen (of death). i promptly restored it by re-reading the SVT and then coded the HU-NBT2. it worked and that FDL was back to factory. (i should have left well enough alone. but i thought, well maybe there was a glitch in the coding process so i tried it again,. this time it would not let me restore back. i got the error above instead. side note: there was a reference to something in there that was set to "A4A (plus) (Plus)" and i clicked edit to see what other options where there. and i may have inadvertently hit the scroll wheel and changed it to another value, of which included "A5 (Plus) (Plus)" I am wondering if changing the FDL to think the HU was an A5 rather than a A4 would cause it to lose communcation to it. It is a 2016 f30 (340i) and i just traded it for my 2016 F30 (328i), so i am getting all my creature comforts back. i was just about to start studying for my "FINAL exam", AKA reflashing the ECU. as much as i don't want to swallow that pill, i think it may be my onkly way to bring the HU back. everything else in that FDL works great, The HUD, the KOMBI, etc. just wont flash the FDL keeps erroring out as I posted above. Any insight to all this?
Hi - I seem to be having exactly the same issue after some coding attempts. I am using 3.27.1 but when I click on the HU_NBT2 entry the "Detect CAF for SWE" remains greyed out.

I started by making a copy of the VO which Ive also restored.
I didnt realise that the SVT file is overwritten so dont have a backup of the original file. I did find some stuff in a log file which looked like copies of the SVT file.
Then I made some coding changes to change the radio bands for NZ and that worked well.
Falsely confident I then changed some salapa-elements to start the process of converting my navigation to NZ from Japan. These changes were accepted and I could change the VO country to Australian and this seemed to work.
Finally I changed the country settings in HU_NBT2 to Australian from Japan and all hell broke loose!
I got a black screen which does not go away even if I revert and I cannot code the FDL (please excuse my possibly incorrect use of acronyms whose meaning I have yet to find) without errors.

I have a black screen but the radio is working and the coding updates I did for the radio seem to still be working as I can receive NZ stations.

This is my first post on this forum and I hope that Im doing this all correctly.
Appreciate 0