F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > FS: NBT EVO id6 with Carplay and Touchscreen
proTUNING Freaks

03-20-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
wickedwahine11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 428i M Sport convertible

FS: NBT EVO id6 with Carplay and Touchscreen

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I am selling my 2014 428i tomorrow and had previously removed the old NBT unit with iDrive 4 to upgrade it to an NBT EVO with iDrive 6 and Carplay functionality. I also added a touchscreen to the car as well. Since I'm selling tomorrow, I have removed both and reinstalled the original screen and headunit.

When I bought this headunit from Steve Ma at Codemybimmer, I told him that i was very concerned about losing the HUD functionality for my navigation, as I didn't' want to have to look at the screen, or listen to audio directions. I prefer to have my directions via the HUD so I can concentrate on driving. He was able to do a modification on the unit that allowed me to maintain the HUD navigation functions, despite flawless Carplay operations. See video here:

I told him I was selling it and he told me to tell any eventual buyer that he would code it for them for $150 if they needed it done.

This listing is for the NBT EVO, the 8.8" touchscreen, and a tool trim remover kit.
I am asking $1200 for the set, shipped in the continental US via priority mail, but would also sell the NBT EVO for $1000 or the touchscreen for $300 independently.

Last edited by wickedwahine11; 03-21-2021 at 09:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2021, 08:14 PM   #2
mike082802
Major
Rep
Drives: 340

what size screen? what are the part numbers? cant read them.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
wickedwahine11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
what size screen? what are the part numbers? cant read them.
Hi, sorry about that. The screen is 8.8".

I'm uploading photos of the stickers now. I apologize but I am not sure where the part number is listed on the sticker. I just bought this stuff from Codemybimmer and I didn't do the install or removal myself. I hate to be the stereotypical "chick" but my knowledge of cars is limited to driving them. I'm hoping you can get the info you are looking for from these stickers.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 01:41 AM   #4
armyboy_brodo
OG TRIPLE OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco E90 328i/TiAg E36 M3

Is this completely plug and play? Did this not require any additional wiring or special harnesses? Also does this have wireless CarPlay or wired only?

I’m very interested in purchasing everything but I have a 2013 F30 and will need to confirm comparability prior to purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:41 AM   #5
wickedwahine11
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyboy_brodo View Post
Is this completely plug and play? Did this not require any additional wiring or special harnesses? Also does this have wireless CarPlay or wired only?

I’m very interested in purchasing everything but I have a 2013 F30 and will need to confirm comparability prior to purchasing.
Is it plug and play? Yes and no. The physical aspect of it is in that once you remove the old headunit, you simply plug in the cables directly into the slots on this headunit.

But it is not entirely plug and play, as you will need to have your VIN coded to it for it to operational in your vehicle. If you or someone you know is able to do this, then yes, it will be plug and play. If not, Steve from Codemybimmer (the original seller) told me that he would be willing to code the VIN into the unit for the ultimate buyer for $150. He told me to tell the purchaser to contact him and he would set that up. His direct quote to me was, "You can put the buyer in touch with us and we will charge USD$150 to adjust the programming the new owner’s vehicle so that Navigation, Apple carPlay and all other functionality will work as it did on your vehicle."

As for the CarPlay, it is wireless because the headunit includes a wifi piece so your phone will connect to it without need for wires... it works really well with no lag.

The benefit of this system is that it is BMW's OEM equipment so it works with your car better than aftermarket ones do. I never had a single problem with my backup camera, or onboard computer info. Plus, when Steve added the GPS module to the headunit, it allowed me to retain HUD Navigation functionality for my 2014 F32. One thing to note, it didn't matter to me, but I believe you will lose the computer information for your car stored in your old headunit if that data is important to you.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #6
armyboy_brodo
OG TRIPLE OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco E90 328i/TiAg E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
Is it plug and play? Yes and no. The physical aspect of it is in that once you remove the old headunit, you simply plug in the cables directly into the slots on this headunit.

But it is not entirely plug and play, as you will need to have your VIN coded to it for it to operational in your vehicle. If you or someone you know is able to do this, then yes, it will be plug and play. If not, Steve from Codemybimmer (the original seller) told me that he would be willing to code the VIN into the unit for the ultimate buyer for $150. He told me to tell the purchaser to contact him and he would set that up. His direct quote to me was, "You can put the buyer in touch with us and we will charge USD$150 to adjust the programming the new owner’s vehicle so that Navigation, Apple carPlay and all other functionality will work as it did on your vehicle."

As for the CarPlay, it is wireless because the headunit includes a wifi piece so your phone will connect to it without need for wires... it works really well with no lag.

The benefit of this system is that it is BMW's OEM equipment so it works with your car better than aftermarket ones do. I never had a single problem with my backup camera, or onboard computer info. Plus, when Steve added the GPS module to the headunit, it allowed me to retain HUD Navigation functionality for my 2014 F32. One thing to note, it didn't matter to me, but I believe you will lose the computer information for your car stored in your old headunit if that data is important to you.
I’m mad I didn’t receive a notification regarding your reply. I really wanted this setup. Anyway thank you for the detailed reply.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 04:32 AM   #7
rosmoke
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F34 320D

HUD Android Auto Maps compatibility

Does HUD work with Android Auto Maps or iDrive Navigation?
Appreciate 0