F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Functional M1/M2 Buttons on Steering wheel
ARMA SPEED

09-04-2023, 07:23 AM   #1
nathang
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330i

Functional M1/M2 Buttons on Steering wheel

Hey Everybody,

Recently replaced my steering wheel in my f30 for the M-Sport one, and it came with the M1/M2 Buttons already installed. I've seen tutorials about people installing them and they use the harness in the centre console that goes from the I-Drive controller to the driving mode controls. Now since my wheel came with the buttons, it doesn't have that harness.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anybody just selling the harness and I really don't feel like paying ~130$ USD to get the whole kit just for a few little wires. Does anybody know where I can buy just the harness? I'm also competent in soldering if anybody has the wiring diagram but would rather a non permanent solution.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #2
Nemgrea
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i

you need both harnesses form the kit for it to work. theres a second board that goes behind those M buttons that is needed.

you can watch the video on the product page to see what i mean.

https://mnlasercutting.com/shop/p/bm...12-buttons-kit
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 06:59 PM   #3
nicrom72
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathang View Post
Hey Everybody,

Recently replaced my steering wheel in my f30 for the M-Sport one, and it came with the M1/M2 Buttons already installed. I've seen tutorials about people installing them and they use the harness in the centre console that goes from the I-Drive controller to the driving mode controls. Now since my wheel came with the buttons, it doesn't have that harness.

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anybody just selling the harness and I really don't feel like paying ~130$ USD to get the whole kit just for a few little wires. Does anybody know where I can buy just the harness? I'm also competent in soldering if anybody has the wiring diagram but would rather a non permanent solution.

Thanks

Did you ever get anywhere with is ?
I have the same question
Appreciate 0