F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > coding new SZL in E-SYS
proTUNING Freaks

01-07-2024, 06:55 AM   #23
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

LIN_Variante_SZL=szl_4Band ==>
LIN_Variante_SZL=szl_r_4Band
      01-07-2024, 07:36 AM   #24
NeoSaw
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siki78 View Post
_r_ mean lci car. If you install lci stalk on prelci car you need to use _r_
Now I understand it

_r_ stands for "rastend" (non return stalk), i.e. for the LCI indicators that engage when activated and remain down until you steer back

That's what the car is missing so that it knows that the turn signal should go off when the steering wheel is in position 0
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 09:25 AM   #25
luridbeatle
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 430I F33

Hi everyone.
I know this is a bit old post but I'll try...
I have a F33 LCI US imported into Europe. The car is also equipped with adaptive full LED headlights. The Type change has been made (from 4Z13 to 4Z11), various minor codings (performed with e-Sys or Bimmercode) including the activation of the rear fog light and new rom for NBT (removing Sirius, performed by a professional).
After a few months (I didn't notice before) I noticed that when I activate the high beams or insert the HBA I receive the error "Left high beam headlight faulty", "adaptive headlights faulty". With ISTA when I do the headlight test I don't receive any errors but I have this error "030351 K-Lin 16 ... (SZL) Wrong version"; "D90D16 Light control unit (BEL), (LIN) variant of unsuitable type mounted". Is there any coding I need to do?Can LIN_variante_SZL and other codes be the solution?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:44 AM   #26
mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luridbeatle View Post
Hi everyone.
I know this is a bit old post but I'll try...
I have a F33 LCI US imported into Europe. The car is also equipped with adaptive full LED headlights. The Type change has been made (from 4Z13 to 4Z11), various minor codings (performed with e-Sys or Bimmercode) including the activation of the rear fog light and new rom for NBT (removing Sirius, performed by a professional).
After a few months (I didn't notice before) I noticed that when I activate the high beams or insert the HBA I receive the error "Left high beam headlight faulty", "adaptive headlights faulty". With ISTA when I do the headlight test I don't receive any errors but I have this error "030351 K-Lin 16 ... (SZL) Wrong version"; "D90D16 Light control unit (BEL), (LIN) variant of unsuitable type mounted". Is there any coding I need to do?Can LIN_variante_SZL and other codes be the solution?

Thanks!
You should look at LCE_BEL_LIN_VAR, did you change it to unit with rear foglight button?
The can be several reasons
Or typecode isn’t correct or you didn’t VO-code the FEM correct or have wrong Light Control Unit installed.

NSW = Nebelscheinwerfer
NSL = nebelsclüsslicht
FLC = Automic light control
LWR = manual height adjustment wheel
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 07:54 AM   #27
luridbeatle
Banned
Italy
Rep

Thanks for now!
The light control unit is original, I modified the button (cutting a tooth) and coded it... I don't remember what but the rear fog works fine.
Tonight I'll try to reconstruct what I did a few years ago, where I certainly codified REM!
But is there a SALAPA code to insert into VO? In my VO (I have a photo on my mobile phone) I only see 5A1 (Led Fog Lights)... should I perhaps add 5AA (Rear Fog Light)? When I coded I don't remember whether it was needed (my F33 is from 2018).
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 10:46 AM   #28
mrpingu
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by luridbeatle View Post
Thanks for now!
The light control unit is original, I modified the button (cutting a tooth) and coded it... I don't remember what but the rear fog works fine.
Tonight I'll try to reconstruct what I did a few years ago, where I certainly codified REM!
But is there a SALAPA code to insert into VO? In my VO (I have a photo on my mobile phone) I only see 5A1 (Led Fog Lights)... should I perhaps add 5AA (Rear Fog Light)? When I coded I don't remember whether it was needed (my F33 is from 2018).
Maybe lin variant is different if you have original button or not. Since you cut a ropte the variant might not match with official VO-code.

5AA is not possible on F30 AFAIK. Just try to find the right variant in coding and it will dissappear.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 09:33 AM   #29
luridbeatle
Banned
Italy
Rep

Last night I wasted some time coding trying to resolve the errors I shared... spoiler, I didn't resolve anything! Tonight I'll try again with new combinations.
However, I have a question: having converted the car from US to ECE, what do I do if I wanted to load the original CAFD (US) onto a single ECU? If I connect the car to esys, load the original VO (which I had saved) and CODE the single control unit therefore with a new CAFD, is this correct?
Appreciate 0