F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2013 Bmw 335i Xdrive PWG codes
ARMA SPEED

05-16-2024, 09:59 PM   #1
YoZedx
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i Xdrive

2013 Bmw 335i Xdrive PWG codes

Hello Everyone a little bit about my car it’s a 2013 bmw 335i Xdrive with 62000km which is stage2+ on MHD and stage3 on xhp - mods are upgraded intercooler, downpipes, intake, charge pipe all from CTS Turbo - (no upgraded turbo). I’ve been running this setup for about a month now with no issues but today when I was driving my car went in some sort of throttle limp mode where the throttle was basically dead my rmps would move slowly but speed would stay the same despite the fact I’m going full throttle. Engine temp is not going above what it usually does it’s quite regular can’t seem to find the issue. These are the following codes I am getting : DME active codes -
1A2108 - Electric fan, self-diagnosis, interval stage
1: Minor fan fault.
1A2308 - Electric fan, self-diagnosis, interval stage
2: Fan fault with potential risk to the fan.
- DME shadow (inactive) codes -
231501 - Fault entry: Send buffer full.
- Transmission active codes -
421722 - DME/DDE interface: Forced upshift due to thermal engine protection request or signal invalid (switch status, warm-up, powertrain, 0X3FB).

When I turn the car off and back on it’s completely mint again no issue but randomly the issue will kick in it’s weird. Also there is no warning on the screen or messages and there is no lights popping up on the dash. Thank you guys in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 10:46 PM   #2
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

When vehicle is at operating temperature and at idle do you notice the fan kicking on? Could be an issue with the fan or sensor that makes the fan kick on?
      05-16-2024, 11:02 PM   #3
YoZedx
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerJoe View Post
When vehicle is at operating temperature and at idle do you notice the fan kicking on? Could be an issue with the fan or sensor that makes the fan kick on?
I’m not entirely sure but I do Believe the fan is spinning but also it didn’t kick once and kicked on once checked two times so not sure if it’s always supposed to be spinning or if my fan is at fault here regardless how will that explain the throttle limp mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 08:51 PM   #4
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoZedx View Post
I’m not entirely sure but I do Believe the fan is spinning but also it didn’t kick once and kicked on once checked two times so not sure if it’s always supposed to be spinning or if my fan is at fault here regardless how will that explain the throttle limp mode.
Is your car running hot/overheating? It’s hard to gauge sometimes because our cars don’t have an actual engine temp gauge, just oil temp. You can pull up actual temps in MHD though. Not sure what the issue is, only ask about the fan because the multiple fault codes related. Fan not working, the vehicle should still stay somewhat cooled while driving, not so much if you like to park and idle for long periods, maybe caused the vehicle to overheat and caused more issues?