F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BOV malfunction/ N55 turbo damaged...
Extreme Powerhouse

05-21-2024, 02:17 AM   #1
Wizper_F32
tre fo nickel G4NG
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i

BOV malfunction/ N55 turbo damaged...

How could something like this happen IYO? I had a turbosmart VR9 plumb back installed but I feel like it wasn’t installed in the proper orientation. I never heard the boost release ( I wrote that off to the plumb back being much quieter than the dual port) and I never noticed any power gains. My JB4 read a BOV plausibility code so I pulled it off… then I noticed this on the housing. The O ring was chewed in half as well. I don’t know how this could happen. Perhaps it was in the wrong orientation? That’s all I can think off… any input would be awesome. Should I put it back on in the correct position? Based off the photos was it in the incorrect orientation? Please let me know what u think. Thanks 🙏
Attached Images