F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 msport no voltage at coolant pump connector
Extreme Powerhouse

02-10-2023, 02:07 PM   #1
F30_eli
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Msport F30

F30 msport no voltage at coolant pump connector

My coolant pump stopped working after I had my turbo replaced. I suspect that the mechanic did not run the bleed procedure after changing the coolant or maybe damaged the wiring.

Now my car over heats and is throwing error code CD9010 LIN message electric water pump missing. I checked the voltage between pin 1 and pin 4 of the electrical harness connector to the coolant pump and there was no voltage. I also checked all the fuses and they all seemed fine. So now I am assuming that this is an electrical issue as opposed to a bad water pump.

Does anyone a wiring diagram for the harness in the engine compartment? I would like to see where the coolant pump gets it 12V supply from?

Also does anyone know which fuse number in the engine compartment is for the coolant pump?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_eli View Post
My coolant pump stopped working after I had my turbo replaced. I suspect that the mechanic did not run the bleed procedure after changing the coolant or maybe damaged the wiring.

Now my car over heats and is throwing error code CD9010 LIN message electric water pump missing. I checked the voltage between pin 1 and pin 4 of the electrical harness connector to the coolant pump and there was no voltage. I also checked all the fuses and they all seemed fine. So now I am assuming that this is an electrical issue as opposed to a bad water pump.

Does anyone a wiring diagram for the harness in the engine compartment? I would like to see where the coolant pump gets it 12V supply from?

Also does anyone know which fuse number in the engine compartment is for the coolant pump?
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1085260

Hopefully this will help ya

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2023, 03:24 AM   #3
F30_eli
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i Msport F30

F32Fleet

Thanks for the diagram, I already had that one.

I managed to trace the 12V red wire from the coolant pump all the way to the power distribution box (ISM- interacted supply module), where it made a connection via a connector.

The 12V wire at the water pump end and at the ISM connector end were tested with a multimeter for continuity and I verified that the wire was not damaged. This meant that the problem was most likely with the ISM module.

I opened up the ISM module with the help from this video:

After opening it up I tested the 30A fuse and was able to verify that it was blown.

I will get a replacement fuse and test the coolant pump. Hopefully the pump is still functional.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3789.50
      02-12-2023, 05:33 PM   #4
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
F32Fleet

Thanks for the diagram, I already had that one.

I managed to trace the 12V red wire from the coolant pump all the way to the power distribution box (ISM- interacted supply module), where it made a connection via a connector.

The 12V wire at the water pump end and at the ISM connector end were tested with a multimeter for continuity and I verified that the wire was not damaged. This meant that the problem was most likely with the ISM module.

I opened up the ISM module with the help from this video:

After opening it up I tested the 30A fuse and was able to verify that it was blown.

I will get a replacement fuse and test the coolant pump. Hopefully the pump is still functional.
Nice work!

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 03:05 AM   #5
Sato
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
... I checked the voltage between pin 1 and pin 4 of the electrical harness connector to the coolant pump and there was no voltage...
Hi, I'm dealing with something similar, coolant pump is "missing" after engine swap/reassembly. I'm trying to solve if this is a wiring, ground, fuse or coolant pump (unlikely). When did you check this voltage, just ignition on? Or when engine was running?
Appreciate 0