F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Errors and codes after a service
GetBMWParts

04-26-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Errors and codes after a service

Just looking for some advice prior to taking my car back in as don't want to jump to any wrong conclusions.

I have a 2016 340i which has been flawless so far and currently at 55k km.

Took car into Bmw for a minor service.

About 5 minutes into driving off from the dealership the car has an error pop up - forward collision warning error, inactive or something like that.

My car has never been in an accident nor had any bump, wheels in perfect condition. I do have a stage 1 tune from MG Flasher which has been running fine.

I plugged the car into ISTA and several codes came up.

At the exact time they did the service reset there were codes at that mileage. I may be reading it wrong but roller mode or dyno mode was activated. Why would they need to activate or do anything to have roller mode activated?

About 50km later there is a code related to the warning I got, and probably at the moment I was driving home.

Going through the ISTA diagnostics it suggests either a mis alignment of the ACC sensor or bent bracket holding it.

Without taking anything apart I couldn't really see anything wrong in that area where the ACC sensor is at the bottom front grill.

Questions I have are why was roller mode activated? There is no reason during a minor service or any routine service?

Also, as to the collision warning malfunction did they damage my ACC sensor somehow?

With having the stage 1 tune, finding 2 plastic car cover seats (why one in the passenger seat? Never seen before), and those codes come up did they go for a joy ride? And damage something?

My appointment is in a week so need to have my facts straight before saying anything.

Any help appreciated, ISTA codes attached
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 09:44 AM   #2
doggepe
Rep
Drives: -05 320d E90 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Just looking for some advice prior to taking my car back in as don't want to jump to any wrong conclusions.

I have a 2016 340i which has been flawless so far and currently at 55k km.

Took car into Bmw for a minor service.

About 5 minutes into driving off from the dealership the car has an error pop up - forward collision warning error, inactive or something like that.

My car has never been in an accident nor had any bump, wheels in perfect condition. I do have a stage 1 tune from MG Flasher which has been running fine.

I plugged the car into ISTA and several codes came up.

At the exact time they did the service reset there were codes at that mileage. I may be reading it wrong but roller mode or dyno mode was activated. Why would they need to activate or do anything to have roller mode activated?

About 50km later there is a code related to the warning I got, and probably at the moment I was driving home.

Going through the ISTA diagnostics it suggests either a mis alignment of the ACC sensor or bent bracket holding it.

Without taking anything apart I couldn't really see anything wrong in that area where the ACC sensor is at the bottom front grill.

Questions I have are why was roller mode activated? There is no reason during a minor service or any routine service?

Also, as to the collision warning malfunction did they damage my ACC sensor somehow?

With having the stage 1 tune, finding 2 plastic car cover seats (why one in the passenger seat? Never seen before), and those codes come up did they go for a joy ride? And damage something?

My appointment is in a week so need to have my facts straight before saying anything.

Any help appreciated, ISTA codes attached
Did you ever solve this? I am having 482136 and 4827BF aswell
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2024, 04:34 AM   #3
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggepe View Post
Did you ever solve this? I am having 482136 and 4827BF aswell

Codes have to do with the adaptive cruise control. It’s the black sensor at the bottom of the front bumper.

If you drive over a low kerb / parking block which scrapes it then it can damage the sensor.

A new one was needed and after a rather heated argument they replaced it at no charge.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2024, 10:33 AM   #4
doggepe
Rep
Drives: -05 320d E90 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Codes have to do with the adaptive cruise control. It’s the black sensor at the bottom of the front bumper.

If you drive over a low kerb / parking block which scrapes it then it can damage the sensor.

A new one was needed and after a rather heated argument they replaced it at no charge.
Jeez. Alright, you sure they replaced the whole sensor and not just the bracket?

I’ve read about the bracket getting damaged and throwing the sensor out of alignment. I guess I’ll just pick my front end apart when I get some time this summer 🫠 Thanks for the reply!
Appreciate 0