F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
ARMA SPEED

10-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #2311
s2kvee
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cederron View Post
Maybe can we arrange a group buy ?
lol im not going to pay $150 for it... i rather just buy a usb / bluetooth keyboard w/ mouse combo that is compatible w/ android
      10-10-2018, 01:27 AM   #2312
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

I am in contact with this site:
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/BMW-spec...pd6106084.html

They are telling me that it will only work with their unit. This I cant understand because it is only a wireless mouse. Price for 1 button is 40 dollar but the shipping with DHL is 75 dollar to Norway. Total is than 115 dollar.

This is not a shop, but a factory.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #2313
williammm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 (2016)

Anyone has the latest firmware update for Android 4.4?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #2314
tpaxadpom
Private
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinkamaen View Post
I am in contact with this site:
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/BMW-spec...pd6106084.html

They are telling me that it will only work with their unit. This I cant understand because it is only a wireless mouse. Price for 1 button is 40 dollar but the shipping with DHL is 75 dollar to Norway. Total is than 115 dollar.

This is not a shop, but a factory.
It doesn't appear as pinch to zoom is a viable option based on the description. Too bad...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2018, 05:37 AM   #2315
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom View Post
It doesn't appear as pinch to zoom is a viable option based on the description. Too bad...
I dont know if pinch to zoom would be practical in such a small area
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:41 AM   #2316
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

I found the touch button here But I am not able to buy it. The shopping cart doesnt update with shipping cost to Norway.

http://www.szcanying.com/pro.php?lm=12

What is the difference against HL-101CK versus HL-102CK. I know that HL_100CK is an universal product.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #2317
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW320d

Hi. I have a problem with my unit stuck with the BMW Connected Drive screen. I have a Gen 1 Android 4.4 ID5 version that has been working fine for the past 10 months. Appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #2318
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikmuny View Post
Finally I got it working with a firmware flash..its working now
I have a similar problem with my Gen 1 Android 4.4 ID5 unit. Can you share which firmware did you flash? Also did you flash using SD card or USB drive?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #2319
D_Murph
Registered
Rep
Drives: '14 328d

Looking to purchase a 7.1 unit for my f30. Who is the best source for purchasing the HU, GPS splitter, and CarPlay adapter? Currently looking at AVIN USA but see there have been problems with support and updates.

Last edited by D_Murph; 10-12-2018 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #2320
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

A: wait a week since the 8.x units will be available.
B: ugode is definitely my preferred vendor and would not advice on Avin.
Had Avin and returned it after several discussions.
Ugode really goes the mile for support, see the other threads.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #2321
D_Murph
Registered
Rep
Drives: '14 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Appreciate the advice. How do you go about ordering from Ugode?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 01:25 AM   #2322
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d, 330D(2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcherian View Post
I have a similar problem with my Gen 1 Android 4.4 ID5 unit. Can you share which firmware did you flash? Also did you flash using SD card or USB drive?
USB stick is also fine, it works. The problem with firmware is the seller has removed the file. And I have also deleted it from my storage. Sorry
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 03:47 AM   #2323
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
I found the touch button here But I am not able to buy it. The shopping cart doesnt update with shipping cost to Norway.

What is the difference against HL-101CK versus HL-102CK. I know that HL_100CK is an universal product.

HL-102CK is for CIC
HL-101CK is for NBT
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 04:21 AM   #2324
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
I also have a problem with one of the first these units I purchased almost a year back on Aliexpress. It gave me problem on 9th Month and I tried with several firmwares but still the problem no signal persisted.
I contacted the seller and he asked me to send it back with my money and also promised me to send a new one with his cost. He received the device after probably 1.5 months (I don't know why is so slow shipping to China) and he checked my unit and told me that he will send a new one. Them he asked me to pay extra 60USD for the price difference and the shipping cost.
After lot of discussion I finally agreed to his terms and paid that money also through PayPal (family &friends, he wanted to avoid the brokerage fee also, I paid extra 5USD for the transaction!!! )
Then it was 30.September 2018.He told me that is national holiday till 8th October in China and no one will work her. I waited toll 9th October, I sent a message regarding the stairs of my new shipment and device. No reply.... Toll nie ne ja Not replied.. I have lost my money and the device also. I feel like a fool believing his words to send the device and transact money for a new device. I don't know what to do.
I need a new device and definitely not from this seller ( Eway-gps, Store # Shop236760 Store).
I contacted Aliexpress customer care regarding this they have asked for 10days. Now the warranty is also over and I don't have the device and I spent extra 100USD added to this totally 500USD for nothing.... Just sharing my experience here and avoid transaction with this seller. He cheated me.
I am looking for a new one. Probably when there is a new group buy from ugode, I will buy.
Any one had an idea on how to get my money or the device back?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 05:41 AM   #2325
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
I also have a problem with one of the first these units I purchased almost a year back on Aliexpress. It gave me problem on 9th Month and I tried with several firmwares but still the problem no signal persisted.
I contacted the seller and he asked me to send it back with my money and also promised me to send a new one with his cost. He received the device after probably 1.5 months (I don't know why is so slow shipping to China) and he checked my unit and told me that he will send a new one. Them he asked me to pay extra 60USD for the price difference and the shipping cost.
After lot of discussion I finally agreed to his terms and paid that money also through PayPal (family &friends, he wanted to avoid the brokerage fee also, I paid extra 5USD for the transaction!!! )
Then it was 30.September 2018.He told me that is national holiday till 8th October in China and no one will work her. I waited toll 9th October, I sent a message regarding the stairs of my new shipment and device. No reply.... Toll nie ne ja Not replied.. I have lost my money and the device also. I feel like a fool believing his words to send the device and transact money for a new device. I don't know what to do.
I need a new device and definitely not from this seller ( Eway-gps, Store # Shop236760 Store).
I contacted Aliexpress customer care regarding this they have asked for 10days. Now the warranty is also over and I don't have the device and I spent extra 100USD added to this totally 500USD for nothing.... Just sharing my experience here and avoid transaction with this seller. He cheated me.
I am looking for a new one. Probably when there is a new group buy from ugode, I will buy.
Any one had an idea on how to get my money or the device back?
I am sorry to hear this, I have only good experience with aliexpress. But I always check the shop I am buying from it they have sold much, and year it has started. Do you have a link to this shop?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #2326
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Wow, thats seriously crap....
To be honest, I took a gamble on Ugode since you buy it via Alibaba and I havent done that earlier.
It paid off though and I have never had a better or even comparable experience with chinese sellers to date.
I am not a fan of Avin since they "scammed" me as well... they sold me a product that would be updated within a month saying that the new ones would not be available within 6 months and also told me via chat that there were 3 functions that would be available and were not.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #2327
plikmuny
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry to hear this, I have only good experience with aliexpress. But I always check the shop I am buying from it they have sold much, and year it has started. Do you have a link to this shop?
Here is the link to his store in Aliexpress.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328192...em.32819255120

But ironically he is not selling these units anymore. He has changed his store name I guess. Now it says Andream, before it was only numbers and store and when he replied through messages it showed me ewaying-LC... Is all fishy.... I should have had sensed it at the right point.
My only hope now is Aliexpress. Customer representative has promised me to get the money back but I don't know how and when. Asked for 10days time. Is just 5 days over. I an waiting anxiously.... Hoping for the best...
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 03:03 AM   #2328
Laiska
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 530XDA

Quote:

But ironically he is not selling these units anymore. He has changed his store name I guess. Now it says Andream, before it was only numbers and store and when he replied through messages it showed me ewaying-LC...
Shop236760 Store:

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/all-...ne=allproducts
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #2329
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Here is the link to his store in Aliexpress.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328192...em.32819255120

But ironically he is not selling these units anymore. He has changed his store name I guess. Now it says Andream, before it was only numbers and store and when he replied through messages it showed me ewaying-LC... Is all fishy.... I should have had sensed it at the right point.
My only hope now is Aliexpress. Customer representative has promised me to get the money back but I don't know how and when. Asked for 10days time. Is just 5 days over. I an waiting anxiously.... Hoping for the best...
This store would have tricked me. Only bad thing I can see, is that it has only been open for 1 year. I think Aliexpress will help you. But you have to push them. Do not give up.

For others buying these unit. Ugode and Mekede is a good option.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 02:05 AM   #2330
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:

I skyped with seller. Item 45 dollar shipping to Norway 30 dollar. Half price for what aliexpress guy was selling them for. Now I am waiting for this button
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #2331
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
USB stick is also fine, it works. The problem with firmware is the seller has removed the file. And I have also deleted it from my storage. Sorry
Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with AliExpress. I bought my unit also from AliExpress. I installed my unit around Nov last year and it worked fine. The unit is now stuck at the start up "BMW Connected drive" screen and I have not played around with the software that came along with the unit. The only thing I can remember is that I switched off the car while a video was playing and the next time I started the car I started to have this issue. The BMW side works fine including the rear camera. It is the Android side which has the problem. I tried placing the new image on the usb and SD card and started up the unit but it did not pick up the new image. I tried various key combos alomg with reset button such as pressing reset button along with the volume / menu button pressed. Did you place an image on the usb port or was there another SW utility that helped you get out of the boot loop? Was there any key combination to press along with reset button to get the system to load from the usb?

I contacted the AliExpress seller and he wants me to either ship back my unit or send 90$ against which he says he will send the SW in SD card. After reading about your experience I'm sceptical. Do you know anyone else who has the SW to get out of the boot loop? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #2332
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Found out by accident we can do split screen! Is this common knowledge and I'm just late to the game?

Appreciate 0