F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

01-04-2021, 09:46 AM   #2377
MermenJazz
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 & F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boklsg View Post
I am having the same MCU 023055dGS-NBT-GTH-DC-201117 firmware Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.5.3

After firmware updated to Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.5.8
My MCU become null.

Please help. How can I get the MCU file back.
Thank you.
Do you have a MCU update file for that version? 023055dGS-NBT-GTH-DC-201117 ?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #2378
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblyjoe View Post
Cheers to everyone here for all your great advice. Recently encouraged me to get an Avin 10.25 Android 10 unit for my 135i.

Overall, hasn't been too bad but there have been lots of teething issues that I've been working through (i.e. DAB+ suddenly dying). Kinda been two steps forward, one step back.

However one major bug bear - the aftermarket iDrive controller. I've decided I will keep it, but at the moment it has limited functionality since the keys are automatically mapped to pre-determined functions.

Is there any way to remap all the keys (e.g. like a config file to edit)?

I'm primarily running Android Auto through the unit but would love to map the keys to on it to other functions e.g. DAB+ app (if I can get the dongle to work). Also wonder if there is a way to improve the response speed of this aftermarket iDrive unit.
I don't think you can do anything with that shitty aftermarket I-Drive controller. In the 1st -series I would not install it at all, more convenient to use touch screen, also more benefit from the cup holders rather than that iDrive).

Another point about Android Auto. Can't get a sense of using Carplay or Android Auto with fully functional Android on the HU. It is like using an iPad/tablet via iPhone/smartphone))
Appreciate 1
RedErik1089.00
      01-04-2021, 11:34 AM   #2379
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumero89 View Post
Hello friend, thank you all very much I have learned a lot with you!

I have a snapdragon android 10 and I do not know if I have it installed incorrectly or is it so

When I travel and I put the browser "google maps" and listen to music with Spotify, when I stop at a gas station to refuel and continue the march after a few minutes, everything has been canceled, the navigation route, the music I was listening to ... this is it normal or need to put a continuous power cable without a lock?

Thanks a lot
It is normal, since android HU is powered with ACC/ignition wire. It is better to start your navi and music again than drain the battery with continuous power after a while.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #2380
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Another point about Android Auto. Can't get a sense of using Carplay or Android Auto with fully functional Android on the HU. It is like using an iPad/tablet via iPhone/smartphone))
Love it

But I absolutely agree with that statement
Appreciate 1
Kri1080.50
      01-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #2381
fumero89
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Quote:
It is normal, since android HU is powered with ACC/ignition wire. It is better to start your navi and music again than drain the battery with continuous power after a while.
It is true, I prefer that than not continuing the journey! hahaha thank you very much!
Appreciate 1
serge858149.50
      01-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #2382
Bomex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 N55

If I install this HU will I retain the TPMS?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 12:33 AM   #2383
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomex View Post
If I install this HU will I retain the TPMS?
Any function that come with your OEM system will be retain. The Android just hijack the screen to display Android interface instead of OEM. It's still running at the background either CIC or NBT. For example, my handphone still connected to OEM HU and I can receive and make calls thru OEM system. Luckily I have HUD so I don't need to look at OEM screen to make call.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2021, 02:31 AM   #2384
Alex20
Belarus
Rep
Drives: X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
Any function that come with your OEM system will be retain. The Android just hijack the screen to display Android interface instead of OEM. It's still running at the background either CIC or NBT. For example, my handphone still connected to OEM HU and I can receive and make calls thru OEM system. Luckily I have HUD so I don't need to look at OEM screen to make call.
Hello.
Guys, on a 2.6.1 (latest) firmware, after you end up the call, does Android restore the screen display and sound, or OEM phone menu still stay?

i have 2.3.6 installed and after end up of the call, display do not return to android and sounds do not restore, wich is really a headache
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 02:41 AM   #2385
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

I’m on 2.3.6 running NBT. During phone call, my screen still in Android but AUX will be muted. I can see the music player still playing. Once hang up the call, the AUX audio will be restored.
Appreciate 1
Alex201.50
      01-05-2021, 03:22 AM   #2386
Alex20
Belarus
Rep

Quote:
I’m on 2.3.6 running NBT. During phone call, my screen still in Android but AUX will be muted. I can see the music player still playing. Once hang up the call, the AUX audio will be restored.
tx, btw are you using oem BT or android BT? I am using OEM, so i can list phone book on HUD with wheel buttons.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 04:38 AM   #2387
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex20 View Post
tx, btw are you using oem BT or android BT? I am using OEM, so i can list phone book on HUD with wheel buttons.
Same here. I'm using OEM BT and HUD to make the call. The screen didn't jump to NBT screen during the call.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:42 AM   #2388
Tomasz_pl
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 + F20

Quote:
Only that 99% of cars have a backup power supply and nothing bad happens. The batteries do not discharge.
I don't understand why they did power off completely.
As for me, the biggest minus of Android Player.
In many cars, the android start takes less than 1s, and here it takes 20s.
And many other problems associated with it ...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #2389
Alex20
Belarus
Rep

Quote:
Same here. I'm using OEM BT and HUD to make the call. The screen didn't jump to NBT screen during the call.
Really intersting ... On mine, android jump to OEM phone menu when i accept call with wheel buttons, so after the call is done, it also stay in OEM menu, with no sound from android (yesm, i have latest soundrestorer running)

Do you have some special setting for BT? How to hide phone screen from Android?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 09:01 AM   #2390
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

I didn’t run soundrestorer. The only setting I have in factory settings under android is automatic aux mode. My phone only pair with OEM system thru Bluetooth. I never pair it to android hu. Only use my phone as hotspot.
Appreciate 1
Alex201.50
      01-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #2391
The-Professor
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 530xd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex20 View Post
Quote:
Really intersting ... On mine, android jump to OEM phone menu when i accept call with wheel buttons, so after the call is done, it also stay in OEM menu, with no sound from android (yesm, i have latest soundrestorer running)

Do you have some special setting for BT? How to hide phone screen from Android?
Same here ...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #2392
andreigireadadodita
Rep
Drives: BMW e70

Hi, a tip please, I bought a Dab USB with antenna, I installed 2 DAB PLAYER and DAB-z applications and I have no signal, I scanned and I can't find anything
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #2393
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreigireadadodita View Post
Hi, a tip please, I bought a Dab USB with antenna, I installed 2 DAB PLAYER and DAB-z applications and I have no signal, I scanned and I can't find anything
For what i read at romania there is DAB only available in bucharest, so you are living in this city ?

They send in old DAB technology , NOT DAB+ !

Kri
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #2394
andreigireadadodita
Rep
Drives: BMW e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
For what i read at romania there is DAB only available in bucharest, so you are living in this city ?

They send in old DAB technology , NOT DAB+ !

Kri
I don't live in Bucharest, so I can't use it, I will use online radio or OEM. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 10:01 PM   #2395
mumblyjoe
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E82 135i DCT

Quote:
I don't think you can do anything with that shitty aftermarket I-Drive controller. In the 1st -series I would not install it at all, more convenient to use touch screen, also more benefit from the cup holders rather than that iDrive).

I get the point about the unit technically being more functional however Android Auto does 90% of what I want. Also since I have OEM Bluetooth, makes it much easier to answer and control (with caller info appearing on screen and able to control from it). Beats the rubbish stock app. Also I have a butltload of data on my phone and don't wish to pay for an additional sim for the tablet. Unless there is an easy way to Bluetooth tether automatically each time I turn the car on...

As for the Avin Idrive controller, I've mounted it by slightly modifying the sunglasses holder in front of the gear stick so I can keep my cup holders. I rather use it than the touchscreen but all that is limiting it is the inability to remap keys. If I can do this I'll keep it otherwise will remove it and just get used to the touch screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:52 PM   #2396
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get the point about the unit technically being more functional however Android Auto does 90% of what I want. Also since I have OEM Bluetooth, makes it much easier to answer and control (with caller info appearing on screen and able to control from it). Beats the rubbish stock app. Also I have a butltload of data on my phone and don't wish to pay for an additional sim for the tablet. Unless there is an easy way to Bluetooth tether automatically each time I turn the car on...

As for the Avin Idrive controller, I've mounted it by slightly modifying the sunglasses holder in front of the gear stick so I can keep my cup holders. I rather use it than the touchscreen but all that is limiting it is the inability to remap keys. If I can do this I'll keep it otherwise will remove it and just get used to the touch screen.
I just use my phone as hotspot. The HU will automatically connect to my phone for data usage.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 12:00 AM   #2397
onblue
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz_pl View Post
Only that 99% of cars have a backup power supply and nothing bad happens. The batteries do not discharge.
I don't understand why they did power off completely.
As for me, the biggest minus of Android Player.
In many cars, the android start takes less than 1s, and here it takes 20s.
And many other problems associated with it ...
Agree, in my old ford Fiesta, the aftermarket android HU seems to just go in sleep mode when you turn off the engine. And it instantly on again when you turn on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 03:25 AM   #2398
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 Touring

Quote:
Also I have a butltload of data on my phone and don't wish to pay for an additional sim for the tablet. Unless there is an easy way to Bluetooth tether automatically each time I turn the car on...
My phone phone connects to the OEM Bluetooth automatically when I turn on the car so I have made a Tasker script that turns on the phone's hotspot as soon as Bluetooth to the car is connected. Since the Android HU takes some seconds to boot, when it is up it automatically detects the phone's hotspot and connects to that. I have another Tasker script that turns off hotspot when the car Bluetooth is disconnected (turning off the car).
Appreciate 1