F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M Performance 335/435i Huge Price Drop
Studio RSR

05-31-2019, 03:19 PM   #221
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungatron View Post
Just got home with my M performance LSD installed.

335i
rwd
auto

i'm pumped to rip some donuts

:-)
There is a 500 mile break in period. The guys at my dealer were clueless about this job but someone on here put up the service documents for the diff- somewhere in there it mentioned avoiding hard drives and speeds over 80 during the break in. Supposedly it's meant to keep the diff from getting too hot. Apologies if you already know this. I had mine done a couple of weeks ago and am almost across the 500 mile mark, so I am anxious to push the car too.
Besides the 500 mile break-in procedure, I also read a recommendation to drain and fill the differential fluid after the first 1,200 miles. It's a very particular part number for the diff fluid too. The wrong stuff can reduce the performance of the LSD. I'm waiting to get confirmation of the correct part number for the fluid.
I believe that's the part number:

I believe that's the correct part number. I'm just waiting for an expert who I know to confirm. (I had previously read some conflicting information about fluid part numbers and descriptions.)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 03:21 PM   #222
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
What date did you order yours?

As yours came in from Germany after USA stock was depleted....and is now installed in your car, it should give a good clue to those who think their backorder is going to be fulfilled.
The key here I think is, it's shipped to the customer FROM Germany.
Where are the diffs going that are shipped to BMW warehouses?
It doesn't work that way.

1) Its BMW Germany to BMW NA

2) BMW NA to Dealers

3) Dealers to end users

Any third parties such as ECS buy direct from Dealers at highly discounted prices so Dealer keeps their power pricing rebates. That's why they have so little in actual stock.

ECS, Bimmerworld and other non-Dealers would be inserted at leg 2.5 above.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2019, 03:41 PM   #223
natesi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Someone please make a burn-out video with their new LSD installed.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 03:58 PM   #224
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesi View Post
Someone please make a burn-out video with their new LSD installed.
Chris Harris in a M235i with the MP LSD installed:

Appreciate 1
MmmmmM22599.00
      05-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #225
Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

Quote:
Besides the 500 mile break-in procedure, I also read a recommendation to drain and fill the differential fluid after the first 1,200 miles. It's a very particular part number for the diff fluid too. The wrong stuff can reduce the performance of the LSD. I'm waiting to get confirmation of the correct part number for the fluid.
I read that somewhere too, but Bmw's marketing documents for the diff say lifetime fluid, no maintenance required. Where have I heard that before?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:58 PM   #226
neonnblack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT/e46 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Not surprised at all. BMW is not a fan of parts bin sharing and apparently, cost savings and manufacturing efficiency.
It's very BMW of them. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 11:15 PM   #227
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i

Got mine done a few days ago at an indie for 350cdn(260usd). Car is a hugely improved, waiting for break before I really push it.

In regards to service I plan a flush in 1000km(local dealer recommended), haven't decided on a future interval.

Poochie send over that M2 and $100 on paypal as it's been days and no issues with xdrive....

Also still available for next day delivery in Canada
Appreciate 3
Poochie9107.50
andino479.50
Logicoeur993.50
      05-31-2019, 11:29 PM   #228
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy89045 View Post
Got mine done a few days ago at an indie for 350cdn(260usd). Car is a hugely improved, waiting for break before I really push it.

In regards to service I plan a flush in 1000km(local dealer recommended), haven't decided on a future interval.

Poochie send over that M2 and $100 on paypal as it's been days and no issues with xdrive....

Also still available for next day delivery in Canada
Congratulations, glad it worked out for you!

Now, before I apologize for being misinformed and ship my M2, give it a few more days and some WOT and get back to us.

The "wrong" LSD bolted up for the dude below until he started getting Drivetrain Malfunction after some hard driving and it also didn't work for another with a x-Drive 240i because the front diff had a different final drive from the front.

M-Performance Differential for M235i https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1582784
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 12:42 AM   #229
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
So did any xdrive users make the purchase?
I ordered one for my 435i xdrive from my local dealer (price matched ecs). They confirmed will fit on xdrive. shop.bmw.ca also confirms this. See attached
You're wasting your time and money; this part will not work an x-drive vehicle, specifically of how the system operates.

Good luck with all that..
ROFLMAO

Went out on a limb.....way out....and now we find he's a man who welches on his bets.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take that bet
[U]How about now; I'll PayPal you a $100, no BS if you find one person, not just on planet earth but the entire milky way galaxy that can confirm they have an M Performance LSD installed on an F series Xdrive vehicle.

I'll wait..
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24857409

Ok...where's the cash and title?

Remember...no BS?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 12:59 AM   #230
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I ordered one for my 435i xdrive from my local dealer (price matched ecs). They confirmed will fit on xdrive. shop.bmw.ca also confirms this. See attached
You're wasting your time and money; this part will not work an x-drive vehicle, specifically of how the system operates.

ROFLMAO

Went out on a limb.....way out....and now we find he's a man who welches on his bets.
Hold your horses there, I told you give it some time before you jump the gun..

Like I posted above, that member reported a issue weeks later after putting in a mismatched unit. He then had to remove the LSD and keep it in storage.

And also, where you proof that he's not having an issues or eventually wouldn't? I could tell you I'm the Queen of England, without anything to back it up, you never know if it's true.

So cherio, until then..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #231
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO

Like I posted above, that member reported a issue weeks later after putting in a mismatched unit. He then had to remove the LSD and keep it in storage.

And also, where you proof that he's not having an issues or eventually wouldn't? I could tell you I'm the Queen of England, without anything to back it up, you never know if it's true.

So cherio, until then..
You should at least read what you post to Welch on your bet.

In thread you linked, OP admitted he ordered wrong part number, unlike user here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
Over the holidays I bought myself a present, the M-Performance Diff. I ordered it from GetBMWparts.com and service was great. Two weeks ago I put it in with no issues. It was 33-10-8-659-989 as that was the part listed but it turns out I should have ordered 33-10-8-659-987 I tried to do my homework before the order but sometimes....

When I hit 70MPH, the transmission says that there is an error. Further testing says that the rear diff ratio is not correct. <Damn>

I do not want to remove the diff so I have two questions?

1-What is the difference in the ratios? It seems that the one in there is for the M240i. I can live with a little more low end or top end if necessary. And,

2-Can I get the error coded out at the dealer? And what should I tell them so they a)don't lecture me. b)laugh or c)rip me off.

I really, REALLY don't want to remove and sell this diff. Any helpful insights appreciated. Tell me all is not lost.

///Rich

PS-I have iCarly but I don't suppose that will help at all.
2.81 Auto vs 3.08 Manual

Nothing to do with AWD vs RWD, both with 3.15 on this LSD.

Apples to Oranges. Not same thing.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 01:45 AM   #232
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO

So cherio, until then..

In thread you linked, OP admitted he ordered wrong part number, unlike user here.

Quote:
Over the holidays I bought myself a present, the M-Performance Diff. I ordered it from GetBMWparts.com and service was great. Two weeks ago I put it in with no issues. It was 33-10-8-659-989 as that was the part listed but it turns out I should have ordered 33-10-8-659-987 I tried to do my homework before the order but sometimes....

When I hit 70MPH, the transmission says that there is an error. Further testing says that the rear diff ratio is not correct. <Damn>

1-What is the difference in the ratios? It seems that the one in there is for the M240i. I can live with a little more low end or top end if necessary. And,

2-Can I get the error coded out at the dealer? And what should I tell them so they a)don't lecture me. b)laugh or c)rip me off.

I really, REALLY don't want to remove and sell this diff. Any helpful insights appreciated. Tell me all is not lost.

///Rich

2.81 Auto vs 3.08 Manual

Exactly, 'the wrong part,' check the original press release for the LSD, which I followed from day one because my 235i at the time didn't come with one and I eager for the release..

You can't blame me for having doubts when BMW themselves explicitly stated in their official press release that this unit was specifically made for the automatic 335/435i RWD.

Not to mention everyone that tried it on the other models like the 235i/240i xdrive failed because the front diff has a different final drive, which sent the computer in a tizzy.

So the 335 xdrive, by chance, has the same front diff as the rear, without that information going in, it was a safe assumption it would not work on the 335i x-drive vehicle, as it doesn't on the 340i xdrive.

And I still have my doubts it would remain problem free. But in time we'll see if I am truly misinformed.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 01:50 AM   #233
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO

So cherio, until then..

Quote:

///Rich

2.81 Auto vs 3.08 Manual

Exactly, 'the wrong part,' check the original press release for the LSD, which I followed from day one because my 235i at the time didn't come with one and I eager for the release..

You can't blame me for having doubts when BMW themselves explicitly stated in their official press release that this unit was specifically made for the automatic 335/435i RWD.

Not to mention everyone that tried it on the other models like the 235i/240i xdrive failed because the front diff as a different final drive which sent the computer in a tizzy.

So the 335 RWD by chance has the same front diff as the rear, without that information going in, it was a safe assumption it would not work on an x-drive vehicle.

And I still have my doubts it would remain problem free. But in time we'll see if I am truly misinformed.
First, you are presenting facts not supported....like a press release.

Anyone who orders off a press release without checking the numbers as I did above....taking less than 30 seconds is an idiot...even if the press release did list that part. Public Relations are not Techs.

Regardless, facts in evidence show you said no "No BS" to pay up....and all you've done is BS to Welch.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #234
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO

So cherio, until then..

Quote:

///Rich

2.81 Auto vs 3.08 Manual

Not to mention everyone that tried it on the other models like the 235i/240i xdrive failed because the front diff as a different final drive which sent the computer in a tizzy.

So the 335 RWD by chance has the same front diff as the rear, without that information going in, it was a safe assumption it would not work on an x-drive vehicle.

Anyone who orders off a press release without checking the numbers as I did above....taking less than 30 seconds is an idiot...even if the press release did list that part. Public Relations are not Techs.

Regardless, facts in evidence show you said no "No BS" to pay up....and all you've done is BS to Welch.
Haha not trying to start this shit show back up lmao. Just was hoping i could help a few people with xdrive and auto n55s. I've pushed the car quite hard but not to it's full potential. Done 400km, some small drifts and even a few donuts; still no errors I'll report back if things change, which I doubt!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #235
jimmy89045
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ROFLMAO

So cherio, until then..

Quote:

///Rich

2.81 Auto vs 3.08 Manual

Haha not trying to start this shit show back up lmao. Just was hoping i could help a few people with xdrive and auto n55s. I've pushed the car quite hard but not to it's full potential. Done 400km, some small drifts and even a few donuts; still no errors I'll report back if things change, which I doubt!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #236
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Lmao, I've given up. I've got it ordered and will take that bet as well. I think and hope it'll fit! Will update here if any issues.
You'll be fine.
As I stated weeks ago.....you were fine.

Quote:

All @poochie did was sow seeds of doubt in the AWD owners who hesitated and now will never be able to buy at LSD for their vehicle at this cheap of a price.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #237
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lmao, I've given up. I've got it ordered and will take that bet as well. I think and hope it'll fit! Will update here if any issues.
You'll be fine.

[/QUOTE]

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

I explained to you why I have my doubts, I wasn't trying to stop anyone from purchased the LSD, if you searched my history under MP LSD, you'll see I actually encouraged folks to get it.

The fact is the LSD is listed in the parts catalog to fit the 340i and 240 xdrive also and it factually does not work, so forgive me for not trusting the online catalog which you have utmost confidence in.

I was going off the official press release BMW published which stated it was only designed for the RWD vehicles only.

And like already mentioned, just because the one person who actually attempted this on an xdrive vehicle and claims they don't currently have any malfunction error yet, doesn't mean it eventually won't come up, as it took weeks of hard highway driving before another member finally caught a CEL, due to the wrong unit.

If I was misinformed, it was still at the best interest of the folks here, not to take away anyone's opportunity to get one.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #238
neonnblack
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT/e46 330xi

Quote:
As I stated weeks ago.....you were fine.

All @poochie did was sow seeds of doubt in the AWD owners who hesitated and now will never be able to buy at LSD for their vehicle at this cheap of a price.
They can buy mine for a little more. 😉 hahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 01:21 PM   #239
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I explained to you why I have my doubts, I wasn't trying to stop anyone from purchased the LSD, if you searched my history under MP LSD, you'll see I actually encouraged folks to get it.

The fact is the LSD is listed in the parts catalog to fit the 340i and 240 xdrive also and it factually does not work, so forgive me for not trusting the online catalog which you have utmost confidence in.

I was going off the official press release BMW published which stated it was only designed for the RWD vehicles only.

And like already mentioned, just because the one person who actually attempted this on an xdrive vehicle and claims they don't currently have any malfunction error yet, doesn't mean it eventually won't come up, as it took weeks of hard highway driving before another member finally caught a CEL, due to the wrong unit.

If I was misinformed, it was still at the best interest of the folks here, not to take away anyone's opportunity to get one.
WRONG AGAIN. Seems to be a constant refrain from you.

The official documentation does NOT say this unit fits a 340i or a 240 xdrive, as I posted in this thread on post #35 on 5/3/2019

This is the second time you have attempted to blame incorrect info on a press release that apparently no one has seen but you.

All it took was a 30 second search through the internet to find the technical docs of what this did fit.

And as this you cost AWD owners the opportunity to own a LSD.

Quote:
If your F30 has a 3.15 final (not a 3.91, 3.23 or 2.81) and is on the list below, it will work, sliding right in to where part number 33107603748 or 33107603749 is now:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...748&series=F30

Rear-axle-drive
I=3,15

Supersedes
33107603749 (07/01/2011 — 11/20/2014)

Part 33107603748 was found on the following F30 vehicles:
3' F30, 316d, Sedan, N47N, EUR, (3D91) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 316d, Sedan, N47N, EUR, (3D92) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 320iX, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3C31) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 320iX, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3C32) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 320iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3C33) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 320iX, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3C36) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 320iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3C37) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3A51) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3A52) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, USA, (3A53) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3A55) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3A56) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N20, USA, (3A57) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N26, EUR, (3C11) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N26, USA, (3C13) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N26, EUR, (3C15) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328i, Sedan, N26, USA, (3C17) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3B33) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3B33) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3B37) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, USA, (3B37) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3B51) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N20, EUR, (3B51) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N26, USA, (3B53) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 328iX, Sedan, N26, USA, (3B57) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, EUR, (3A91) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, EUR, (3A92) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, USA, (3A93) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, EUR, (3A95) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, EUR, (3A96) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335i, Sedan, N55, USA, (3A97) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335iX, Sedan, N55, EUR, (3B91) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335iX, Sedan, N55, USA, (3B93) : Rear-axle-drive
3' F30, 335iX, Sedan, N55, USA, (3B97) : Rear-axle-drive

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 06-01-2019 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #240
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

WRONG AGAIN. Seems to be a constant refrain from you.

The official documentation does NOT say this unit fits a 340i or a 240 xdrive, as I posted in this thread on post #35 on 5/3/2019

This is the second time you have attempted to blame incorrect info on a press release that apparently no one has seen but you.

All it took was a 30 second search through the internet to find the technical docs of what this did fit.

And as this you cost AWD owners the opportunity to own a LSD.

Quote:
If your F30 has a 3.15 final (not a 3.91, 3.23 or 2.81) and is on the list below, it will work, sliding right in to where part number 33107603748 or 33107603749 is now:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...#38;series=F30

Rear-axle-drive
I=3,15

Supersedes
33107603749 (07/01/2011 — 11/20/2014)
Like I told you, it was listed for the 340i xdrive and it didn't work for a customer which has a 2.81 drive, which is also the LSD option for the auto.

Beside the final drive lining up, there was issues with different axels.

There was no evidence of anyone successfully installing this LSD into a xdrive prior to this, only failed attempts, so it really was a trial and error in determining if it truly worked.

Get off you high horse already. If I was incorrect based on the information available at the time, fine but your guess was as good as mines considering there was no proof.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...i/33108659989/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #241
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Like I told you, it was listed for the 340i xdrive and it didn't work for a customer which has a 2.81 drive, which is also the LSD option for the auto.

Beside the final drive lining up, there was issues with different axels.

There was no evidence of anyone successfully installing this LSD into a xdrive prior to this, only failed attempts, so it really was a trial and error in determining if it truly worked.

Get off you high horse already. If I was incorrect based on the information available at the time, fine but your guess was as good as mines consider there was no proof.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...i/33108659989/
Everyone knows that ECS is not an official source except you.

This forum is littered with eBay and ECS purchases that did not fit as they were claimed to on the internet.

Again, shame on you for believing everything on the internet when official sources (as well as BMW Dealers listed in the thread previously) confirmed it would work - and causing doubt which caused members not to order and miss out.

I realize you are attempting to Welch on your “no BS” bet and spin this toyour advantage but it’s sad you cannot even understand this thread was about a part number not covered by anything you have posted.

Sad.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 06-01-2019 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2019, 02:49 PM   #242
robertzlatarski
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i

Is it worth it? Any performance gains? Is the upgrade noticeable? I have 440i and I am really considering installing LSD.
Appreciate 0