F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

04-11-2020, 08:04 AM   #265
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livar View Post
Hi Kri.

My seller has sent me what looks like an LTE Connector but I can not find any where to input it. Not on headunit or wiring harness.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks
then you need to ask your seller :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
I'm sorry, but you're not right. Compare the values.xml file in the values-el and values directories. The source core does not contain Greek. The few translated lines will not appear anywhere in the GUI.
You really have to create the translation first. Then just set the language on Android side.

Thats why i said that i don`t know if it will be activated (does work at all).
I only checked the source of centerservice, there is a "EL" folder which contains greek translation.
You have edited your file and using magisk, or without ?

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #266
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
I have audio for everything else but navigation. Using google maps and I get no audio whatsoever, not even through that little speaker they provide.

in your factory_config.xml remove the line

Code:
        <Item name = "com.google.android.apps.maps" />
save it and then import it to your device.

The device is supposed to mix the navigation audio with the OEM audio while listening to OEM Radio.
For some reason it is also mixing the sound when you listen to Android Music (Spotify) sometimes.
Removing that line will disable that feature for this app.
So you will hear the navigation sounds like every other sound on Android
Appreciate 1
Kri1080.50
      04-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #267
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Thats why i said that i don`t know if it will be activated (does work at all).
I only checked the source of centerservice, there is a "EL" folder which contains greek translation.
You have edited your file and using magisk, or without ?

Kri
On Android 8 I used Magisk, riru-core, EdXposed-YAHFA and EdXposedInstaller, now on Android 10 Magisk, riru-core, EdXposed-YAHFA and EdXposedManager.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #268
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Hi Guys,
after being idle on this forum for quite a while I think I am going to replace my PX3 7.1 unit to a 625 android 10 unit.
My older unit has some issues that I learned to live with but, since we drive BMW here, it feels like having an Lada component in a luxury car...
Especially since things have progressed and more is possible but my unit is to slow for that im afraid...
I have read 50 pages on the android 9 topic and this topic completely and the guys I got my current unit from (Ugode) are apparently not really active anymore. I previously had an AVIN unit so im aware of their aftersales (aka non at all).
Which supplier (ali seller) is currently the most active in supplying updates?
Is that navifly, Mekede or Andream?
Is it true that the hardware of the later android 9 systems is identical to the android 10 units? it seems the android 9 units are somewhat cheaper but if that's only the software...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:51 AM   #269
Livar
Rep
Drives: BWM E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Hi Guys,
after being idle on this forum for quite a while I think I am going to replace my PX3 7.1 unit to a 625 android 10 unit.
My older unit has some issues that I learned to live with but, since we drive BMW here, it feels like having an Lada component in a luxury car...
Especially since things have progressed and more is possible but my unit is to slow for that im afraid...
I have read 50 pages on the android 9 topic and this topic completely and the guys I got my current unit from (Ugode) are apparently not really active anymore. I previously had an AVIN unit so im aware of their aftersales (aka non at all).
Which supplier (ali seller) is currently the most active in supplying updates?
Is that navifly, Mekede or Andream?
Is it true that the hardware of the later android 9 systems is identical to the android 10 units? it seems the android 9 units are somewhat cheaper but if that's only the software...
Navifly, Naviodm seem to be the most well rated in terms of support.

However I brought my unit from Mekede who seem to be one of the original manufacturers. There support is a tad slow but they still reply quite decently. I probably would’ve gone for a Navifly unit now I think of it, but MEKEDE were very good with me and keeping track of my delivery.

Guys, sorry for all the questions but I have one more haha! I have to plug my AUX into my AUX by arm rest to get noise, does anyone have an idea how I can hide the cable?

One more thing, I have a Carlinkit dongle for Apple car play, however I think like a lot of other people, the dongle does not charge the phone because of a low power from headunit. It uses more battery than it charges the phone.

Does anyone have workaround to make sure I can charge my phone from cigarette lighter and also send data to the Carlinkit dongle?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #270
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Navifly, Naviodm seem to be the most well rated in terms of support.

However I brought my unit from Mekede who seem to be one of the original manufacturers. There support is a tad slow but they still reply quite decently. I probably would’ve gone for a Navifly unit now I think of it, but MEKEDE were very good with me and keeping track of my delivery.

Guys, sorry for all the questions but I have one more haha! I have to plug my AUX into my AUX by arm rest to get noise, does anyone have an idea how I can hide the cable?

One more thing, I have a Carlinkit dongle for Apple car play, however I think like a lot of other people, the dongle does not charge the phone because of a low power from headunit. It uses more battery than it charges the phone.

Does anyone have workaround to make sure I can charge my phone from cigarette lighter and also send data to the Carlinkit dongle?
I know that one you can route the cable underneath the tunnel on the right side and all the way to the back. then enter the center console from behind, there is an indentation on the plastic so you won't hurt the cable
for your other question, perhaps a powered USB hub could solve the power issue?

Regarding Navifly and Mekede, I see in the add from Navifly that they actually mention the Mekede certificates of manufacture (not that I really read nor trust the certificates for CE, ISO etc...).

I think I will go with Navifly then. the seem to sell the most as well.
Appreciate 1
MrChang36.00
      04-12-2020, 09:47 PM   #271
MikeBMWX1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Hi everyone.
I just installed a new Avin 10.25 screen in my 2016 X1. The installation was a real pia. The factory HU barely pulls out enough to change the harness. It took me all day to figure out a way to pull it out enough and then I had to ask my wife to plug the new harness in since she has tiny hands. Anyways, it works now, but imo the trouble to install this thing is way underestimated for a 2016 X1. The original HU does not come out like in any of the install videos I watched. It actually does not come out at all! FYI

So I bought:
(North America) | Android 10 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel

Also got the GPS splitter and the newest little black box for wireless carplay/android auto as I was potentially planing to use AA with it.

My 2016 X1 is fully loaded. So I am coming from an 8.8 screen with NAV. I really just wanted Waze and Tidal and the ability to use my Plex server on my long trips back to my hometown. So I figured when I'm not going on long trips, I would use AA. I tested Plex and it does work on the Android side. Haven't done any type of long term testing. Really just got it up and running, installed AA and Waze and Plex on the Android side.

I was however, quite disappointed with the resolution of AA. Is there a way to not have it stretched out for the whole 10.25''? Can I split screen it some how? Or change the resolution in a way. Maybe make the icons smaller? Adding more rows or something?

What do you guys use the most? AA or simply stay on the Androiud side for Waze and Spotify? If you do stay on the Android side, am I correct to assume that I always have to hotspot from my phone? Don't want to get another sim card for my car. Unless that is the way to go?

Also, is there a way to keep spotify or tidal going when I switch to the OEM side? Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.

Alot to configure it seems. I also don't have the autoplay working right. I have to go in the apps section, select autoplay, then plug my phone in. I think I read somewhere that this can be changed though.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:51 AM   #272
copeal
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 530I E60

Upgrade Android 10.0

Hello Kri,

I am very happy that you are in this group, you helped me in the other thread. I updated my system to Android 10 and my device is working very fine.

Only i have a problem with CarPlay (Carlinkit), when i am stopped in my car all right but when my engine is on, i have a noise in the mic. I need connect bt Android and change it in iPhone settings.

Maybe someone has this same problem.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #273
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
I know that one you can route the cable underneath the tunnel on the right side and all the way to the back. then enter the center console from behind, there is an indentation on the plastic so you won't hurt the cable
for your other question, perhaps a powered USB hub could solve the power issue?

Regarding Navifly and Mekede, I see in the add from Navifly that they actually mention the Mekede certificates of manufacture (not that I really read nor trust the certificates for CE, ISO etc...).

I think I will go with Navifly then. the seem to sell the most as well.
I bought from Navifly in January. It took 6 weeks to arrive. Every time I asked they just told me to be patient. The unit arrived with firmware 3.7.0 and I asked them if they had newer firmware and they answered No. Luckily I knew from this forum that there was new firmware

Anyway, unit works fine apart from that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #274
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Hi Kri.

My seller has sent me what looks like an LTE Connector but I can not find any where to input it. Not on headunit or wiring harness.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks
That's an LTE antena. My HU had a connector at the back where I could just screw that cable in.

LTE might not support all the bands but it works fine. I have a good connection, music streaming works, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #275
Cskelton
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Anyone have have a reliable dab set up yet. My signal is awful.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:20 AM   #276
zehirlioglu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

no connection to E60 CCC

Hello friends,

I have a problem.

I have BMW E60 and bought Android Radio CCC through NaviFly.

I made updates several times and installed different MCU versions on it.
Unfortunately I have no connection to my car, steering wheel and menu button and the wheel does not work.
I have already measured the cables there are no problems, I also got no success from the seller. Then I tried the radio on my friend's BMW E60, but it was not a success either.

what do you think it could be?
Attached Images

Last edited by zehirlioglu; 04-14-2020 at 03:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:53 AM   #277
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cskelton View Post
Anyone have have a reliable dab set up yet. My signal is awful.
I tried the OEM antenna first, which was delivered with the DAB adapter and it was terrible. My F20 didn’t, have a native DAB. So I decided to buy a diversity with DAB. It’s placed in the middle above the pane of the trunklid, pretty easy to reach. New it would cost about 140 Euros I got it on eBay for 25. Then I ran a cable from the trunk to the glove box where I have my DAB adapter and the USB plugs and the reception is much better. Not perfect but pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 05:35 AM   #278
Livar
Rep
Drives: BWM E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
I tried the OEM antenna first, which was delivered with the DAB adapter and it was terrible. My F20 didn’t, have a native DAB. So I decided to buy a diversity with DAB. It’s placed in the middle above the pane of the trunklid, pretty easy to reach. New it would cost about 140 Euros I got it on eBay for 25. Then I ran a cable from the trunk to the glove box where I have my DAB adapter and the USB plugs and the reception is much better. Not perfect but pretty good.
I'm assuming you only have the two USB plugs that came with the HU.

I'm using a CarPlay dongle for one and a DAB+ box that came from the same seller. Currently having issues of power with the CarPlay dongle that essentially isn't giving enough juice to the phone to charge it properly. Have you got a work around by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:12 AM   #279
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have also a car play dongle on the second usb plug but I’m using wireless carplay and charge my phone with the bmw snap-in-adapter
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #280
Cskelton
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
Great idea! Was it an OEM or aftermarket unit. All the OEM units seem to go to a com box which I don't have. How did you power it?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 08:42 AM   #281
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep

It was an aftermarket DAB box, with oem antenna I meant the one which came with the box and which you have to fix on the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 11:16 PM   #282
daxtor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBMWX1 View Post
Hi everyone.
I just installed a new Avin 10.25 screen in my 2016 X1. The installation was a real pia. The factory HU barely pulls out enough to change the harness. It took me all day to figure out a way to pull it out enough and then I had to ask my wife to plug the new harness in since she has tiny hands. Anyways, it works now, but imo the trouble to install this thing is way underestimated for a 2016 X1. The original HU does not come out like in any of the install videos I watched. It actually does not come out at all! FYI

So I bought:
(North America) | Android 10 With 4GB RAM | 4G SIM Card Support | Qualcomm Snapdragon | Black Trim Bezel

Also got the GPS splitter and the newest little black box for wireless carplay/android auto as I was potentially planing to use AA with it.

My 2016 X1 is fully loaded. So I am coming from an 8.8 screen with NAV. I really just wanted Waze and Tidal and the ability to use my Plex server on my long trips back to my hometown. So I figured when I'm not going on long trips, I would use AA. I tested Plex and it does work on the Android side. Haven't done any type of long term testing. Really just got it up and running, installed AA and Waze and Plex on the Android side.

I was however, quite disappointed with the resolution of AA. Is there a way to not have it stretched out for the whole 10.25''? Can I split screen it some how? Or change the resolution in a way. Maybe make the icons smaller? Adding more rows or something?

What do you guys use the most? AA or simply stay on the Androiud side for Waze and Spotify? If you do stay on the Android side, am I correct to assume that I always have to hotspot from my phone? Don't want to get another sim card for my car. Unless that is the way to go?

Also, is there a way to keep spotify or tidal going when I switch to the OEM side? Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.

Alot to configure it seems. I also don't have the autoplay working right. I have to go in the apps section, select autoplay, then plug my phone in. I think I read somewhere that this can be changed though.
I have the same unit in my F30 actually (bought the SD625 version not because of the 4G wireless connectivity but for the robustness of the chip and the support it enjoys). You don't actually need to use the dongle for AA. If you use the Android App called HeadUnit Reloaded you can have wireless AA without the dongle, and AA would not be stretched. As a matter of fact I had been doing that with the 1st generation of this type of Android head unit.

The only problem is that HeadUnit Reloaded is not free, but it does have a trial app you can download to try it out. The app costs only a few bucks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 01:40 AM   #283
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E83

Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.4.5-ota.zip

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/00b...642f3e5fFvgfka

NOT TESTED
Appreciate 2
Kri1080.50
      04-15-2020, 02:38 AM   #284
vinnik
Rep
Drives: 123d e87 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post

NOT TESTED
thanks, will install it today and report
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 02:53 AM   #285
zorglubxx
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I use the Android side exclusively now. You can easily use split screen and have GMaps on one half and music on the other half. I got a SIM card for the car so that I don't have to worry about turning tethering on every time I use the car.

Quote:
Which Bluetooth settings do you guys have running? On OEM side VS Android.
OEM, the mic is much better imho.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 04:14 AM   #286
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post

NOT TESTED