F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

03-09-2020, 07:48 AM   #2839
bjornus
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 550i

I have problem with sygic navigation app and spotify. When i run Sygic the remote/steeringwheel control don't work for spotify. Same thing if i use split screen Sygic app stop working then spotify is in control. Is only occur with sygic app all other apps works great with spotify controls in background!
I have upgrade the system to the latest one. I have snapdragon CPU in my system. Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Last edited by bjornus; 03-09-2020 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #2840
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello Shrazy,
I ordered a PX6 RK3399 from China, I am in France (in a lost countryside region) and yet, my GPS is fixed very quickly.
The module delivered with the unit is not very reliable, for this reason, I took a fakra separator cable which I mounted on the back of my unit (cic_high_nbt)
Also, there is a native program called "GPS TEST" in the unit which should be able to help you make your settings. Otherwise try to move your antenna?
My car has no OEM GPS so I rely on the antenna, which is on my dash at the moment so there is no better position. I just need to edit this file (gps.conf), someone with deeper knowledge and skills must find this in someway it will help many users.

Last edited by Shrazy; 03-09-2020 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 07:57 AM   #2841
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
This is maybe working for the time related part but changing country in build.prop will not change anything within the gps.conf unfortunately (which they seem to put somewhere else with a different name). The gps.conf is set to asian location and needs to be changed to europe because the satellites are of course more near than asian ones = massively quicker sat fix
Dont know, but I'm interested too
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #2842
Hopfinger
Rep
Drives: BMW E88

I successfully rooted my PX6 Android 9 Unit with Smahelīs Method. Worked without any problems. I managed to place the bootanimation.zip with TotalCommander into the System/Media Folder. Sadly it is just the still picture during boot (think from the Folder Part 2). Any Idea how to get the animation (Part1) running?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #2843
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
BALANCE SHEET: I just spent an hour and a half in my vehicle for nothing: I'm stupid!
To start: TASKER logcat records = it's good, but I did not find a way to transcribe the entire recording here (?)
Then, I installed "KeyEvent Display" but it only saves the Idrive wheel to the right (back) and nothing else in the Idrive wheel commands (and it makes sense)
Finally, because when I look at the photos below, I understand absolutely nothing.
- EDIT: I just redo all the manipulations and I put a direct access to the photos folder (dropbox) that I took - For the photos entitled "right" or "left", it's the whole LOGCAT TASKER - For the photos titled "ICAN" I made a very short recording with a single operation and search in the logcat for the term ICAN which seems to indicate a figure "INCANCAR" in relation to a figure "INCANKEY"
Any help would be welcome, I am ready to redo any useful manipulation for your listening
Thank you friends

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d4XTntrCndzV4vMX6

F20_M135i i`ll post the informations here, as your unit is Android 9 not 10.

The KeyEventDisplay behavior is the same as with SD625 prior the 3.8.0 update.
So only way would be Logcat.

Regarding your screenshot it seems either one of the following to (or both) are good entries to try out
Code:
EventService:onCmdKSW0x00_0xA1_0X17Event: iCanCar_Button = 2
EvtModel: iCanKey = 26
Best is to do a scan with each movement of the controller single to see and find the differen command parameters to identify which unit does fit.

As you are already at the correct "search" function at Tasker, it should be enough to simply replace the Logcat Entry at every specific "Profile"

Kri
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #2844
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
My car has no OEM GPS so I rely on the antenna, which is on my dash at the moment so there is no better position. I just need to edit this file (gps.conf), someone with deeper knowledge and skills must find this in someway it will help many users.
I also used this app but it didn't do much.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidlab.gpsfix

Check this post. It worked for me.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25870254&postcount=2714
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:25 AM   #2845
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondaire View Post
I also used this app but it didn't do much.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidlab.gpsfix

Check this post. It worked for me.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2714
Buying original OEM antenna question: Are the holes already available under shark roof? I don't need to drill any holes? Also do i need a fakra adapter to connect to Android HU?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #2846
AvgJoe130
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Installed mine over the weekend, but the main dash trim (the one with the hazard lights and the air vents) won't snap back into place. I've verified that no wires are in the vent, any ideas on what could be keeping that from popping in?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:07 PM   #2847
kkasicha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Please help no signal from android auto as soon as I start engine

My Android Auto is a snapdragon. The system boots just fine when I dont start the engine, I mean with just the battery on. As soon as I start the engine I receive no signal from the android side but my original BMW side works even with the engine turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtee View Post
Okay so I've now had my unit for some time, so it's time for a little review as I promised!

Background, seller

I had the 6,5" screen with no stock navigation, so there was a lot of room for improvement. So I ordered my unit (Snapdragon 4+64) from ExclusiveCarAuto. Their prices are higher than China sellers, but I still ordered from them hoping for faster shipment because they are in the EU. Well, it turned out that the units are still shipped from China, they just handle the taxes (hence the higher prices) and then forward the parcel to customer. It took them over a week to ship the item and they also used some cheap ass shipping method so it took over 2 weeks to arrive here while DHL from China to my country takes 4 days.

Well I finally received my unit, just to find out that it's for wrong side. My car is left hand drive and they sent me a right hand model. Not sure how that is possible because they asked me after my order and I told them it's left hand drive and also sent a picture. Luckily the only difference between L/R models is a plastic part at the back that you can take out, so I got my unit installed just fine without it. The seller was quick to respond my messages and sent me the correct plastic cover for free of charge, so no complaints with after-sales support.

Conclusion: I will never use ECA again. If I had to order again, I would order from Aliexpress. No doubt.

Installation

Very bad instructions came with the unit (as expected), but this may depend on the seller. Installation is fairly easy with some common sense, watching YT videos and trial & error. I had some "no signal" problems but after checking my wiring for the 3rd time I got it fixed.

The installation can be confusing as there are a lot of extra cables for DAB+/reverse cam etc. (if you don't have them). In case someone is wondering, I routed the USB port cable under the steering wheel. I believe it's the easiest place if you don't want to drill any holes. And I only need it to update my unit.

Screen

A huge improvement from my old 6,5" screen. Sure a better resolution wouldn't hurt but it still looks great. If you try to watch YT/netflix, there will be huge black bars on most content because they don't support resolution so wide as this.

It has got "anti-glare" screen and I haven't had any reflection problem even on sunny weather. It's also a touchscreen, so it's a fingerprint magnet. Just gotta deal with that.

Sound

No complaints. I got a HK system and music from android side sounds as good as OEM side. One could say it sounds even better, because with android you get much better equalizer options. The stock EQ on my HK system is pretty limited when it comes to customization.

BTW: I did not have to wire the aux cable. 2016 NBT system.

Integration

Better than I expected. Steering wheel controls are working globally which means that I can play/pause and skip songs using steering wheel, no matter which music player I'm using. IDrive knob is only working in the stock settings and stock launcher and also Carplay (tested it briefly). I think that's as good as it gets, you can't really expect the knob to work in 3rd party apps that are made for touchscreen usage.

UI

First thing I did was find another launcher. The chinese ID7/ID6/whatever copy is horrible with nearly no customization options and bad english. I'm currently using CarWebGuru and it's pretty good but not perfect. Android auto would be cool (directly from the unit) but the resolution is not fullscreen. Not sure what can be done about it.

Connectivity

I never even bothered to try the built in SIM card support because it does not support all of the LTE bands used in my country. I got a Huawei portable wifi hotspot instead and it works perfectly.
Bluetooth in these units is a big mess. The android bluetooth menu is unavailable (WHY?) and you gotta use some chinese app instead. It cannot connect to OBD2 adapter for example. Wtf?
GPS works perfectly using the antenna that came with the unit. I put it behind the instrument cluster and the fix is almost instant.

Performance

No complaints, everything is smooth. Haven't played any games yet though

Overview

Don't regret my purchase, much better than my old 6,5" screen even if there wasn't android side at all. The biggest question is will we ever receive updates from the coder.

Here is a list of issues I have noticed so far. Apart from them, it's a great product.

- Sound stop when switching from Android to OEM side (IDK if fixable)
- Brief but annoying lag with reverse camera when switching away from reverse gear
- No original android bluetooth menu, unable to connect to some devices
- Stock launcher awful
- Factory settings has a pin code. It's annoying because I think everyone needs to change something in there. Why have a PIN when everybody knows it.

Feel free to ask anything!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:44 PM   #2848
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
F20_M135i i`ll post the informations here, as your unit is Android 9 not 10.

The KeyEventDisplay behavior is the same as with SD625 prior the 3.8.0 update.
So only way would be Logcat.

Regarding your screenshot it seems either one of the following to (or both) are good entries to try out
Code:
EventService:onCmdKSW0x00_0xA1_0X17Event: iCanCar_Button = 2
EvtModel: iCanKey = 26
Best is to do a scan with each movement of the controller single to see and find the differen command parameters to identify which unit does fit.

As you are already at the correct "search" function at Tasker, it should be enough to simply replace the Logcat Entry at every specific "Profile"

Kri
Again = Thank you for your help Kri

It's been an hour that I look / compare and analyze the profile "right" of @floc that I compare to the entire TASKER LOGCAT newspaper taken in photo below, the only relationship that I note is that on my "EventService: iCanCar_button == 4" unit corresponds to "EventService: - >>> KSW 22 by Cheked = 0x40" on several lines.
But now if I want to integrate it into the TASKER profile made by @floc entitled "right" I find no connection this time with my discoveries of the evening ...

In the image below (logcat tasker full right):

The TASKER "RIGHT" profile retrieved here for comparison / action :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<TaskerData tv="5.9" dvi="1" sr="">

-<Profile sr="prof15" ve="2">

<cdate>1576583449939</cdate>

<clp>true</clp>

<edate>1576583485917</edate>

<flags>8</flags>

<id>15</id>

<mid0>16</mid0>

<nme>Right Pad</nme>

-<Event sr="con0" ve="2">

<code>2085</code>

<pri>0</pri>

-<Bundle sr="arg0">

-<Vals sr="val">

<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES><StringArray sr=""><_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0>%lc_text Testo The text that corresponds to the matched logcat entry</_array_net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES0></StringArray></net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES>

<net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>[Ljava.lang.String;</net.dinglisch.android.tasker.RELEVANT_VARIABLES-type>

</Vals>

</Bundle>

<Str sr="arg1" ve="3">KswMcuListener</Str>

<Str sr="arg2" ve="3">--Mcu toString-----[ cmdType:A1 - data:17-04-01 ]</Str>

</Event>

</Profile>

-<Task sr="task16">

<cdate>1576583465420</cdate>

<edate>1576583485917</edate>

<id>16</id>

<nme>Right</nme>

<pri>6</pri>

-<Action sr="act0" ve="7">

<code>701</code>

<Int sr="arg0" val="3"/>

<Int sr="arg1" val="1"/>

</Action>

</Task>

</TaskerData>
SOS !!

Last edited by F20_M135i; 03-09-2020 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #2849
Pondaire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Buying original OEM antenna question: Are the holes already available under shark roof? I don't need to drill any holes? Also do i need a fakra adapter to connect to Android HU?
- There is already a big hole for the antenna + wires. No need to drill.
- Yes, you need a FAKRA adapter. I used the one shown below as it was long enough to route through all the side trims (just like a 1.5 ft leftover wire) and it was universal.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HP6X8VF?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
- I used this silicone to seal it back, but any silicone should work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UEPVI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Appreciate 1
Shrazy12.00
      03-10-2020, 02:41 AM   #2850
bepp67
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 520 xd f11

Quote:
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  293.6 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 956
Size:  225.5 KB

No, there is a better place (already reported and known on other forums). If the antenna you have has good reception, I suggest you not to spend money unnecessarily. Before spending, do this test, install the adhesive antenna in the lower right corner (but also left ...) of the windshield. I'll put two photos to make you understand, even if they are from the windshield of the bmw f11, you may have the same space in your car. The box you see indicated by the arrow is the adhesive GPS antenna.
Appreciate 1
Shrazy12.00
      03-10-2020, 04:29 AM   #2851
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepp67 View Post
Attachment 2256668

No, there is a better place (already reported and known on other forums). If the antenna you have has good reception, I suggest you not to spend money unnecessarily. Before spending, do this test, install the adhesive antenna in the lower right corner (but also left ...) of the windshield. I'll put two photos to make you understand, even if they are from the windshield of the bmw f11, you may have the same space in your car. The box you see indicated by the arrow is the adhesive GPS antenna.
I already tried all places and placed it in the mirror that position is perfect and absolutely not visible. I get good signal many green satellites everytime but the problem is that fix takes too long even if I get good receipt. This has nothing to do with the signal it is software related the signal is stable all time.

I think the gps drivers or configs are not optimized in any way. I just need the gps.conf file everything else will not lead to a solution unfortunately rather than investing in shark gps antenna.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 07:15 AM   #2852
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Since you are so sure that this is only related to the file, why don't you modify it? Because you can't find it? Did you root your unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 07:37 AM   #2853
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Since you are so sure that this is only related to the file, why don't you modify it? Because you can't find it? Did you root your unit?
i can not modify it because I can't find it or it is not there where it should be normally under /system/etc or /system/vendor/etc.

My unit is rooted I already searched whole device with an file explorer but it is not available.

By the way please continue with your idrive global project I am interested in it too, please don't give up all PX6 users would be happy to have this feature
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #2854
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
You might want to stick the GPS module right behind the instruments cluster and reroute the cable accordingly. It takes 5-10 mins, and is definitely worth it. I'm in the same situation (no OEM GPS module), and I consistently get instantaneous fix, with 15 satellites in use, and 30ish in view by putting the supplied GPS module at the aforementioned location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgJoe130 View Post
Installed mine over the weekend, but the main dash trim (the one with the hazard lights and the air vents) won't snap back into place. I've verified that no wires are in the vent, any ideas on what could be keeping that from popping in?
There's definitely a harness, cable that's in the way of the vents. Do leave some slack around the center part, just to be on the safe side. Would you mind posting a picture of the central console, obviously without the dash trim, so as to tell you what's preventing the trim from popping in ?

Last edited by zatelli; 03-10-2020 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #2855
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceX58 View Post
As you say this function is used to send the datas to the MCU. It uses a library called 'android.hardware.SerialPort' but I can't find any information on it. Android Studio doesn't recognize it too...

The extra to listen is :

Code:
com.choiceway.eventcenter.EventUtils.ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_DATA

Here is a part of my own launcher developpment code :

Code:

public static final String ACTION__ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_EVT = "com.choiceway.eventcenter.EventUtils.ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_EVT";

public static final String EXTRA__ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_EVT = "com.choiceway.eventcenter.EventUtils.ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_DATA";

@Override
    public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent) {

String action = intent.getAction();
        Bundle extras = intent.getExtras();

if (action.equals(ACTION__ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_EVT)) {
            if (System.currentTimeMillis()-lastActionMillis>100){
                nbInputs++;
                lastActionMillis=System.currentTimeMillis();
                if (extras != null){
//                    Toast.makeText(context, "Nb extras : " + String.valueOf(extras.keySet().size()), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

//                    for (String key : extras.keySet()) {
//                        Object value = extras.get(key);
//                        Toast.makeText(context, String.format("%s %s (%s)", key,
//                                value.toString(), value.getClass().getName()), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

int Value = extras.getInt(EXTRA__ZXW_ORIGINAL_MCU_KEY_FOCUS_MOVE_EVT, -1);

if (Value != -1)
                    {
                        Activity currentActivity = ((RaceXBMWLauncher)context.getApplicationContext()).getCurrentActivity();
                        if (currentActivity instanceof MainActivity)
                        {
                            if (Value == 8)
                                ((MainActivity)currentActivity).ManageIdriveRotate(true);
                            else if (Value == 7)
                                ((MainActivity)currentActivity).ManageIdriveRotate(false);
                            else if (Value == 5 || Value==6)
                                ((MainActivity)currentActivity).NavBarItemStartActivity();
                            else if (Value == 2 )
                                ((MainActivity)currentActivity).SwitchIdriveSelectedMenu(false);
                        }
                        else if (currentActivity instanceof AppListActivity)
                        {
                            if (Value == 8)
                                ((AppListActivity)currentActivity).ManageIdriveRotate(true);
                            else if (Value == 7)
                                ((AppListActivity)currentActivity).ManageIdriveRotate(false);
                            else if (Value == 5 || Value==6)
                                ((AppListActivity)currentActivity).LaunchActivity();
                        }
                    }

}
//                else
//                    Toast.makeText(context, "No extras", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
            }
        }
    }
I've started to developp my own ID7 launcher but it is on stand-by for now.

Concerning the serial port I know a serial port can't be used by 2 devices at the same time but it seems to be an UART device. I don't know much about this protocol.
When I use the 'cat /dev/ttyS3 /for' shell command I can connect and read the datas coming from the MCU so I think I can be able to write datas to it.
I will continue to learn about it.
If we can find a way to communicate with the MCU using this kind of serial port I would open the door to unlimited possibilities.

Any help would be appreciate,

RaceX58
Find !

More tomorrow here [for PX6 android 9.0] with TASKER + ROOT software = Good news
Appreciate 1
Shrazy12.00
      03-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #2856
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
i can not modify it because I can't find it or it is not there where it should be normally under /system/etc or /system/vendor/etc.

My unit is rooted I already searched whole device with an file explorer but it is not available.

By the way please continue with your idrive global project I am interested in it too, please don't give up all PX6 users would be happy to have this feature
I will look tomorrow on my unit, it seems to me that it was in a folder called ** data / local that I found GPS parameters

Otherwise, I still don't understand why I can't put files in my \ SYSTEM root folder. It's always "write error" even by Total Commander, I'm a bit lost.

I managed to install Super SU (beware of binary!) That allows the control of the app requesting the access to the ROOT, can be useful to discover some curious Chinese trick

Good night all
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #2857
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bepp67 View Post
Attachment 2256668

Attachment 2256671

Wow, i wonder that this installation even does find sattelites as it is topside down
The Antenne does need to be with the glue-pad side down to have good signal.

This also may cause very long sattelite finding time.

Quote:
I already tried all places and placed it in the mirror that position is perfect and absolutely not visible. I get good signal many green satellites everytime but the problem is that fix takes too long even if I get good receipt. This has nothing to do with the signal it is software related the signal is stable all time.

I think the gps drivers or configs are not optimized in any way. I just need the gps.conf file everything else will not lead to a solution unfortunately rather than investing in shark gps antenna.
As other users with the same Unit / Software don`t have this long loading times i don`t think a gps.conf file is your issue.
Probably you have some issue with the gps module itself, maybe a other module to test will help you ?
where are you located at germany ?

Quote:
Find !

More tomorrow here [for PX6 android 9.0] with TASKER + ROOT software = Good news
Sound`s greats

I already started a call at a different forum to find someone is near me with a PX6 9.0 unit on which i can do some testing.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #2858
bepp67
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

[QUOTE=Kri;25909263]Wow, i wonder that this installation even does find sattelites as it is topside down
The Antenne does need to be with the glue-pad side down to have good signal.

This also may cause very long sattelite finding time.

No Kri, I can assure you that it receives very well there because it is attached to the glass. But you can put a bi-adhesive on the top of the antenna and always attach it to the glass. Various tests have been made positioning the antenna under the dashboard and the reception is not the same, perhaps because it is a point where there is less electronic interference. There has been much discussion on other BMW forums. I previously had a px6 and the satellite fix was almost instantaneous and browsing without interruption. Now that I have the sd625 connected with a fakra splitter to the car antenna, it's another matter entirely, even in the garage it receives 10/12 satellites. lastly, I sent you a pm. Hello

Last edited by bepp67; 03-10-2020 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 05:34 PM   #2859
bepp67
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:

I guess you have also used many gps fix apps, such as GPS Status & Toolbox?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 09:15 PM   #2860
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:

I managed to install Super SU (beware of binary!) That allows the control of the app requesting the access to the ROOT, can be useful to discover some curious Chinese trick

Good night all
How did you install and which SuperSU binary have you used ?
Thanks
Appreciate 0