F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
Extreme Powerhouse

02-10-2021, 11:29 AM   #2905
Syne
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Might as well try my luck here as I have 0 technical background with these units.
I have a resolution problem on my unit.
Within the Idrive menu the resolution of background images is not ok + letters appear to be purple. Android menu is fine.
I have tried to enter factory settings and adjust Car Type but with no luck (I have tried them all). Is there any other thing I have to adjust.

Thanks !

Last edited by Syne; 02-10-2021 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #2906
Kapsona
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 328i. BMW e82 128i

Guys need your suggestion. My car comes from factory without OEM monitor head unit. I installed AVIN android unit, I also ordered and installed iDrive controller form AVIN. Problem is that, iDrive controller very poor quality, also it doesn’t have main button tilting features it only rolling.

I’m wandering can I use OEM iDrive controller instead of that AVIN trash? I tried to understand how to connect it, because AVIN iDrive controller have 5 pin socket. BMW OEM iDrive controller have 4 pin socket.

Does anyone tried and use OEM iDrive on AVIN head units?

Regards
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #2907
Renzke
Rep
Drives: 335i N54

BMW Headunit - Use Tasker Easy

Dear together,

I have a CCC Android 8.1 Unit with an USB DAC attached (Meizu Hifi). My problem was that the volume was always set to about 25% after reboot (not sure if it's a behaviour of the DAC or the headunit). I'm not rooted. Tasker was not working because it was not starting together with Android.

I installed an app from XDA. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...4102439/page-3). I changed the source code to start already 1s after the USB intent was recognized (which is triggered by the attached USB-C DAC). It's working nicely. I would post the changed app but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the developer. In tasker I change the volume by "Monitor Start" of tasker itself.

Anyway another problem is that the Bluetooth call is always using the orignal AUX output of the headunit. I use a Y Splitter cable. It doesn't affect my sound output quality as far as I can say (or not noticeable) of the DAC but it clearly affects the output of the unit in case I use it for a bluetooth call. I ordered another USB-C DAC...maybe this one reacts different. I think the DAC has a really low impendance which is maybe a little bit hard for the headunit...Maybe I will also play a little bit with some resistors. If somebody is interested I can report.

So far it's working good and the sound quality noticeable improved.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:44 AM   #2908
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzke View Post
Dear together,

I have a CCC Android 8.1 Unit with an USB DAC attached (Meizu Hifi). My problem was that the volume was always set to about 25% after reboot (not sure if it's a behaviour of the DAC or the headunit). I'm not rooted. Tasker was not working because it was not starting together with Android.

I installed an app from XDA. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/s...4102439/page-3). I changed the source code to start already 1s after the USB intent was recognized (which is triggered by the attached USB-C DAC). It's working nicely. I would post the changed app but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the developer. In tasker I change the volume by "Monitor Start" of tasker itself.

Anyway another problem is that the Bluetooth call is always using the orignal AUX output of the headunit. I use a Y Splitter cable. It doesn't affect my sound output quality as far as I can say (or not noticeable) of the DAC but it clearly affects the output of the unit in case I use it for a bluetooth call. I ordered another USB-C DAC...maybe this one reacts different. I think the DAC has a really low impendance which is maybe a little bit hard for the headunit...Maybe I will also play a little bit with some resistors. If somebody is interested I can report.

So far it's working good and the sound quality noticeable improved.
That is a nice try !!!
If you have the knowledge to make the idrive knob to work with all the system and not only the native apps it would be great !!
That is the only issue with our units !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #2909
Mistatim
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 alpina d3

Hi everyone

Guys did buy HU like a week ago, everything was working fine, but 2 days earlier i have lost option on my main screen "Car device" wich send me to original bmw settings, now i have Settings up there, and cant find anything to let me go to original CCC settings. Factory reset isnt doing anything. :/
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 03:52 PM   #2910
Anton525IA
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x3 e83

MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Update
I found the correct pads .
This is a photo from the board with the correct pads waiting for cable soldering !
https://mega.nz/file/lRp3DILb#FghV8r...80oNEXAWTlCLzU
I was looking in a different spot on the board !

Now i am waiting for @__fred__ to send me the correct bootloader and MCU to continue with the task !
I hope with his help to have success !

I do not know if he is still active in that forum but i really need his help or if anyone knows the procedure how to adapt the custom bootloader and then the MCU file into the st32 chip !!

I have already ordered this programmer to be ready for flashing .
https://grobotronics.com/stm-program...ini.html?sl=en
I hope is the correct one for the job !
Is it ? Does anyone know ?

He did it and posted that in this post but i do not know what to do next
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2222

Any advice accepted friends !
Share your solution, whether it worked or not. A similar problem
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 07:00 AM   #2911
hburak
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
Hi, Zonteck sent me a newer update for px3 android 7.1.1
If anyone is interested, I will share here.
Bye
Hi,
I would be interested, please share it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 02:40 AM   #2912
grzesik33
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E87

Hi, I recently bought my first BMW, i.e. E87. I have purchased a GPS navigation on android for it. I have some problem. After buying the device to check if it works, I connected it to the BMW radio. At first the screen was flickering, but then it worked. So I started installing it in the car. After installing all the components, I connected the GPS device, but again, the screen started to flicker (picture 1). I've unplugged and replugged the cables several times, and finally the screen lights up and android does not start at all. Interestingly, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to the reversing camera properly. Has anyone of you encountered this problem?
Attached Images

Last edited by grzesik33; 12-29-2021 at 02:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:15 AM   #2913
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsua View Post
any idea why when I try to update to a different firmware, the .img file in the root of the FAT32 usb stick, is not recognised anymore?
try rename the img file as "px3_ublox.img" it should work
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 02:18 AM   #2914
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatsua View Post
I also have not found a fix... i think we need to dig more and ask on the russian forum where the original image file is found...

In the meantime I have bought a carlink adaptor and use the HU as a screen
The same for me. GPS stopped working.
I have been able to revert to an older version but the GPS seems not working again. I'm looking for a differet factory.xml file because it changed and now also password has changed.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:45 AM   #2915
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
The same for me. GPS stopped working.
I have been able to revert to an older version but the GPS seems not working again. I'm looking for a differet factory.xml file because it changed and now also password has changed.
I fixed simply downgrading with a px3.img image and factory.xml file that I've received years ago from the supplier.
Appreciate 1
Kri1080.50
      01-26-2022, 11:05 AM   #2916
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Is there a kind anyone that could help me or teach me how to do some little grammar corrections to the Italian language? I include in this message a small pdf with some of the edits I would like to do on my px3 image.
I don't know if it's possible but I wuold be glad to learn how to do.
Thank you all in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SUGGESTIONS FOR UPDATES ON SOFTWARE.pdf (1,001.5 KB, 183 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #2917
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Is there a kind anyone that could help me or teach me how to do some little grammar corrections to the Italian language? I include in this message a small pdf with some of the edits I would like to do on my px3 image.
I don't know if it's possible but I wuold be glad to learn how to do.
Thank you all in advance.
Maybe @Kri can help me?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:21 AM   #2918
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Maybe @Kri can help me?
Unfortunately thats a very outdated system, which is before my "Android Headunit" time.

Someone would reverse engineer the image, gather the launcher app , check if the system is rootable and Root it.
Then create a new specific KswOverlay for this head unit typ and test it.

That requires a Headunit at the desk alot of work and not just done in an hour, for me i unfortunately don't have the time to do this

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 01-28-2022 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #2919
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Unfortunately thats a very outdated system, which is before my "Android Headunit" time.

Someone would reverse engineer the image, gather the launcher app , check if the system is rootable and Root it.
Then create a new specific KswOverlay for this head unit typ and test it.

That requires a Headunit at the desk alot of work and not just done in an hour, for my i unfortunately don't have the time to do this

Kri
Understood. Thanks anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 03:23 PM   #2920
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hburak View Post
Hi,
I would be interested, please share it. Thanks
Sorry for the delay in answering, here's the link for the download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNg...ew?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 10:53 AM   #2921
PabloPablito
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
OK, so I managed to hack out the "navigation audio through telephone mute" feature. This means navigation audio will no longer play through the left speaker with any distortion. Logical consequence is that you will need your car radio set to AUX input for android sounds (and navigation) to play.

So listening to the internal CD player or internal FM radio will effectively mute your navigation. APK kan be downloaded here.

Ow and I forgot previously: replacing the eventcenter.apk will reset all settings unfortunately. So you will have to update from factory.xml (with client=high-grade inside) to reenable the EVO6 ui and subsequently set all settings again.
Hello, I'm glad you managed to fix the problem. I have the same problem with left-speaker navigation audio. Can you please share this app and describe how to solve it.
Or maybe someone else has an answer to it.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 10:34 AM   #2922
pucha2601
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70

Hi, does anyone have a full system image up to px6 in .img format? The system is completely dead and I have to upload it with RKDevtool
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:15 AM   #2923
hburak
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in answering, here's the link for the download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNg...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks....
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 01:24 PM   #2924
arisgigi
Rep
Drives: X1 18D E84 2014

Hi , any idea how to relatively safely root my HU PX3 7.1.1 ?

I have an app that I use for android auto ( headunit reloaded ) but the system doesn't save the option to open the app when I plug usb cable.

LE.

I updatated the android with the rooted image from the wiki but the annying message regaring the app acees to usb still allways popup

Last edited by arisgigi; 06-17-2022 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 01:07 PM   #2925
thecos
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesik33 View Post
Hi, I recently bought my first BMW, i.e. E87. I have purchased a GPS navigation on android for it. I have some problem. After buying the device to check if it works, I connected it to the BMW radio. At first the screen was flickering, but then it worked. So I started installing it in the car. After installing all the components, I connected the GPS device, but again, the screen started to flicker (picture 1). I've unplugged and replugged the cables several times, and finally the screen lights up and android does not start at all. Interestingly, when I put the car in reverse, the screen switches to the reversing camera properly. Has anyone of you encountered this problem?

I have the same problem, look at the previous page of this thread, but never found a solution. Did you?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 08:26 AM   #2926
laviniu
Registered
Rep
Drives: F32

Android 8

This old navigation has an overheating problem and only worked well with Android Auto. Unfortunately that stopped working on Android 7. Is there a way to upgrade this to Android 8?

Thanks,
L
Attached Images

Appreciate 0