F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Can someone tell me if this damage is normal? (MPPSK)
Extreme Powerhouse

05-23-2017, 06:20 PM   #23
skw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I'm getting extremely aggravated with my BMW dealer, their service department is horrific. I've already went back 4 times to get my MPPSK adjusted/fixed/reflashed. Now I suddenly have very loud vibrations under my feet during cold starts so I looked under the car and saw that I have a huge dent in my exhaust. This is the first time I'm "modding" my car in any way so I have no idea whether imperfections in the exhaust is normal or not. It's a brand new car and I've never hit anything underneath it.
I have it as well.

'07 4Runner V8 Limited 4WD
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
jeebus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

as for the rattle under your feet....there is VERY LITTLE clearance where the exhaust travels past the mid-area chassis brace. When I installed my DINAN exhaust, I had to readjust and re-tighten a few times to get the exhaust such that it would not hit the brace in certain situations.

I suspect this is what you're feeling.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #25
Gary911
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i mppsk black/ cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I'm getting extremely aggravated with my BMW dealer, their service department is horrific. I've already went back 4 times to get my MPPSK adjusted/fixed/reflashed. Now I suddenly have very loud vibrations under my feet during cold starts so I looked under the car and saw that I have a huge dent in my exhaust. This is the first time I'm "modding" my car in any way so I have no idea whether imperfections in the exhaust is normal or not. It's a brand new car and I've never hit anything underneath it.
I had mppsk installed at the port 2018 440i. First drive off lot, terrible vibration throughout car. Brought to service next day, exhaust was installed incorrectly, contacting heat shield. 45 minute fix.. all great now
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 03:55 AM   #26
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

My dealer explained that they had fitted a few mppsk kits before mine and the bigger pipe means there isn't much space at the front so some of the new bolt ends can rattle against the heat shields.
For mine he ground them down and I've had no rattles at all.
I've got the dented pipe at the rear too, it's normal.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #27
culpability
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Kinda surprised no one has pointed this out, but the sport gauges are not actually in any way representative of the actual power you are putting down. They are basically just a fun gimmick that estimates how much power the car thinks it is putting down based on RPM and throttle, but as I understand if for example you were running rich and the car was pulling a bunch of timing your sport displays would still claim you are putting down 370 at WOT.
Appreciate 0