F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone done any Audio upgrades?
proTUNING Freaks

08-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #23
amsbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 3 series

I hope it sounds marginally better with Gladens.

Just took one subwoofer out the casing and my god was that hard. Why couldn't bmw just screw them!?

Next one will be done tomorrow then front speakers + tweeters.

Both of my underseat subwoofers are out at the moment. Are my front speakers supposed to work? Mines aren't
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #24
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw View Post
I hope it sounds marginally better with Gladens.

Just took one subwoofer out the casing and my god was that hard. Why couldn't bmw just screw them!?

Next one will be done tomorrow then front speakers + tweeters.

Both of my underseat subwoofers are out at the moment. Are my front speakers supposed to work? Mines aren't
They won't work if the subs are unplugged because the feed from the headunit goes through the subs and back out to the doors. You can bridge them like davethefish did to temporarily make them work like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #25
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Oh ok. This is how my gladen subwoofers are going to connect with my own speaker wire I hope.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #26
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F30 335d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsbmw
Oh ok. This is how my gladen subwoofers are going to connect with my own speaker wire I hope.
Did you go from base to gladdens? How happy are you with your upgrade?
Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 07:50 AM   #27
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteGB335i
Will do in next couple weeks: upgrade to gladen front speakers/subs, include some sound deadening, see how it is off the stock base headunit/amp and if not satisfied... Then add an amp
Hi Pete,

Did you go from base to Gladens 201? If so how's the system now?

Cheers

Wag
Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #28
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagstafari View Post
There was a difference, but not as huge as some people said. But then again some people think Hk isnt good either.

The clarity of the voice did improve, but the lack of bass frustrated me ( there was none)

I have since sold that car and bought one with HK, I love it
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #29
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
There was a difference, but not as huge as some people said. But then again some people think Hk isnt good either.

The clarity of the voice did improve, but the lack of bass frustrated me ( there was none)

Did you go speakers and amp or just speakers?

Which is what I'm currently deliberating !
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:09 AM   #30
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Did you go speakers and amp or just speakers?

Which is what I'm currently deliberating !
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #31
amsbmw
Captain
Rep

Just speakers. Id go with amp though so you can tweek the equaliser
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #32
Lerott
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d e92

At this time, I have upgraded my sound spending lots of money in Gladen 201 for the front, RC100 for rear, mosconi 130.4 amp connected to front and rear speakers and gladen RC90.2 amp connected to the 2 woofers underseat.
Results is actually really bad, I don't understand what is going wrong. Seems I can't have done any mistake with plug and play wiring from ccc unit to amp. Of course I have tested lots of setup with original cd, not bullshit mp3
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 02:24 PM   #33
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Base F30 audio with 6 speakers.
I am using:
Rainbow components frontwith Harman Kardon twitter rails and speaker grills(front and rear),
Standard rear speakers
Rainbow subs,
JL Audio XD400/4
Audison bit Ten DSP
Audison ES3 power storage for stop/start
Techniq's harness.

Rear speakers are just powered by the HU.

The difference is night and day. I mean I started with just changing the speakers, and it just made it worst. I dont know the official term for it but it becomes tiring after a few minutes of listening.

Then I installed JBL MS-8 as a stand alone before (no separate amp), which wasn't bad, but It stopped working after 3 months of normal use. Apparently it is unrealiable.

All these are for sale (except the subs) here is the link: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1242589

Location is Swindon.

Last edited by JOE YOUNG; 03-27-2016 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #34
JOE YOUNG
SEAL TEAM SIX
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 E90 E84 F30 X3G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerott View Post
At this time, I have upgraded my sound spending lots of money in Gladen 201 for the front, RC100 for rear, mosconi 130.4 amp connected to front and rear speakers and gladen RC90.2 amp connected to the 2 woofers underseat.
Results is actually really bad, I don't understand what is going wrong. Seems I can't have done any mistake with plug and play wiring from ccc unit to amp. Of course I have tested lots of setup with original cd, not bullshit mp3
I think your system needs a DSP. If you have a base stereo you will need to de-equalise the frequency response coming from the HU. Otherwise your system will sound crap because of uncontrolled spikes and deep in the frequency range, which will make the sound irritating and tiring to the ear.

I used Audison bit Ten DSP. Google it, even watch what it does in youtube.

Hope that will help solve your problem.

Last edited by JOE YOUNG; 01-02-2017 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #35
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

I have one of these for sale if you are interested??

http://www.monsteraudiodesign.co.uk/...fier-with-dsp/

http://mosconi-system.it/product/gladen-one-120-4-dsp/

£300 still in box, never been used. Was supposed to go in my old car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 03:01 AM   #36
Lerott
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d e92

We're trying to code my car from base stereo to HIFI, in order to have a flat curve in the output of ccc and I'll hear if it's better
Appreciate 0