F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Mark Field MP - Mansion House
proTUNING Freaks

06-21-2019, 10:39 AM   #23
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Good on him. Play silly games, win silly prizes.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #24
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I've watched the incident a few times, it's quite uncomfortable viewing and he did go over the top, however he's not trained and was left to his own devices and did what he could to remove the perceived threat.

For me this lack of basic security is shocking because anyone could have got in there and done God knows what to the Governor of the bank of England and the Foreign Secretary, as it happened a protester got roughed up by an MP.
      06-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #25
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
So that justifies her being manhandled?

I love how, in this day and age, we can defend and justify actions of rich old men, which if it were anyone else would get reprimanded, lose our jobs over and possibly end our careers.

These twats are not above us in any way.
I think you'll find that GP put themselves above everyone by thinking they can just crash into a private function with lots of senior people attending and that there wouldn't be a reaction.

Green Peace's actions and the lack of Police protection of the venue are the real issues here.
      06-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #26
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Had the MP not intervened and there been a protection officer further on, she might have got more than she bargained for.

Don't know enough about the MP to know whether I like him or not, but I tip my hat to him for having the bottle to put himself in the way at personal risk to an unknown outcome.
Appreciate 2
JD64321.00
Quantox308.50
      06-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #27
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkiboo View Post
Quote:

I love how, in this day and age, we can defend and justify actions of rich old men, which if it were anyone else would get reprimanded, lose our jobs over and possibly end our careers.

This has nothing to do with him being a man or his wealth (or lack of, no idea of his net worth).

If someone I didn't know, and wasn't sure of their intentions or threat, came back into a room after being ejected then my response would have been the same.

It's obvious from your tone you have a massive chip on your shoulder.
Not sure how you gathered from my post that I have a chip on my shoulder? But then reading some of the posts, you are pretty quick to label other users on here. I'm open to a healthy debate and happy to be disproved, but not going to accept being labelled based on one comment.

Surely it was not the rich man thing? If so, that wasn't my intention, it just seems that these days MPs and the likes tend to get away with too much. If a member of the public can get a police caution for chucking a milkshake at an MP, why should an MP get away with raising their hands against a member of the public, irrelevant of the trespass.

I do agree that the GP activists shouldn't have been in the room in the first place - failure of the security team for sure.
      06-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #28
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

As we know the press like to make a meal of things in the way that suits them that day. Had she been carrying something that could be used as a weapon, so a hammer, and he had intervened in the same way, would they be calling him a hero?

I am amazed that GreenPeace can get through the cordons that should be in place for events like this. One thing is certain, had Trump been in the room they wouldn’t have got in!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #29
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
If a member of the public can get a police caution for chucking a milkshake at an MP, why should an MP get away with raising their hands against a member of the public, irrelevant of the trespass.
Had this MP grabbed a woman by the neck for no reason then he would undoubtedly have been prosecuted for assault, as would anyone else in that situation.

However, the trespass, and specifically the unknown potential threat which was created by the trespass, is highly relevant, and justifies the use of reasonable force. I'd vote for this chap, assuming he's not some demented Brexit loon!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #30
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Seems fairly reasonable to me

Holding the back of the neck and one arm is a fairly standard way of moving a secondary person.

Same technique can be used to rapidly move a VIP away from a danger scene.

Personally don’t have an issue with his actions at all.
      06-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #31
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Not sure how you gathered from my post that I have a chip on my shoulder? But then reading some of the posts, you are pretty quick to label other users on here. I'm open to a healthy debate and happy to be disproved, but not going to accept being labelled based on one comment.

Surely it was not the rich man thing? If so, that wasn't my intention, it just seems that these days MPs and the likes tend to get away with too much. If a member of the public can get a police caution for chucking a milkshake at an MP, why should an MP get away with raising their hands against a member of the public, irrelevant of the trespass.

I do agree that the GP activists shouldn't have been in the room in the first place - failure of the security team for sure.
You mention him being old and rich do you have an issue with old people? As you'll be old one day, rich? I have no idea if he is, but if he is why is that an issue? Or relevant to the matter at hand.

Then you say "these twats" What does that even mean? Who are these twats?

Why should an MP get stuff thrown at them whilst going about their lawful business? You seem to think there is an issue with that being wrong? Would you like that to happen whilst you walked around?

I don't see anything healthy about your debating style if I'm honest.
      06-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #32
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
You mention him being old and rich do you have an issue with old people? As you'll be old one day, rich? I have no idea if he is, but if he is why is that an issue? Or relevant to the matter at hand.
Point taken, none of that bit was relevant and for what it's worth, I don't have any issue with old or rich people. And yes, I may get old and may get rich, but neither might happen.

Quote:
Politicians in general of all parties, but again, maybe too harsh or brash. I was annoyed, probably not the best time to put something in writing.

Quote:
Why should an MP get stuff thrown at them whilst going about their lawful business? You seem to think there is an issue with that being wrong? Would you like that to happen whilst you walked around?
I never said it was okay to have stuff thrown on them, equally it's not okay to raise your hands against someone unless it's in self defence, and seeing as the other activists were successfully blocked from going further, I don't see how grabbing her neck was the right thing for him to do.

Quote:
I don't see anything healthy about your debating style if I'm honest.
I'm open to be wrong, and I can see how I started this off on the wrong foot.
      06-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #33
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post

One exception to this and even though he's not an MP.......Nigel Farage. He is a tw@t and a milkshake would be just for starters.

Please continue discussing Mark Field.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #34
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Tory toff overreacts and gets suspended, annoying Greenpeace activist gets man handled and is affronted.

Both things I could not care less about.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #35
scousefly
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 Series & G01 X3 M

Garage List
Nothing to do

Quote:

With wealth or his job maybe if we started acting and listening like this there would be fewer attacks in London on bridges by twats in vans and the such. We have become a nation a namby pamby do gooders who are scared of upsetting the few at the remit of the many, people are dying because of this so the fact this guy stopped what could have potentially turned into something else is better than the possible outcome.

I despise MP's I have no love for them as they lie just to keep themselves in a job but still I am not looking at it from the point of his job unlike you which was clearly shown by your comment quoted above
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #36
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

From the protestor's own mouth..."He panicked".

No crap.

Because you were doing something you should not have been, you were asked to leave and chose not to, so there are consequncies to that.

Just lucky Trump wasn't there (I suggest he'd be a better person to receive your protest rather than the UK government who remain a signature to the Paris agreement and are the first G20 country to legislate to be carbon neutral) - but then you may have been bundled out more roughly than that or even shot.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #37
Cero ceto
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport+

if trump had been there she would have been shot by his security team, no ifs, no buts! This country is more concerned about the minority and its feelings. We have become a laughing stock around the world on our pink fluffy culture and human rights.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:13 AM   #38
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TT, EV6, MGB, VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zofinger View Post
are the first G20 country to legislate to be carbon neutral)
We may have 'legislated' for it, but there are no polices in place to actually implement it. Heathrow 3rd runway, fracking, no centralised policies to reduce cars in town etc etc

Last edited by Bryans69; 06-22-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #39
inkiboo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 330xd, E39 M5, I01 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSIIJAR View Post
if trump had been there she would have been shot by his security team, no ifs, no buts! This country is more concerned about the minority and its feelings. We have become a laughing stock around the world on our pink fluffy culture and human rights.
We are not a laughing stock around the world. Are you Nigel Farage in disguise?

Also it’s a little bit disappointing to see human rights being cited as a negative.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #40
Cero ceto
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Well the human rights bill has screwed over the security of this country on numerous occasions So we shall just have to disagree! If the activists want to make a point on pollution why not hit the big three polluting countries in the world like the USA, China and Russia, oh I will tell you why because those three wouldn’t put up with the fluffy approach! Like the UK does!

Last edited by Cero ceto; 06-22-2019 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #41
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
If Trump had been there, the presecurity checks would have meant greenpeace barely made it to london!! The prescreening for his trip to London was immense, nothing left to chance....

In contrast, our senior politicians are too trusting.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #42
inkiboo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well the human rights bill has screwed over the security of this country on numerous occasions
I bet you couldn't even name 4 times it has.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #43
Cero ceto
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

More than 40 foreign terrorists to date have used human rights laws to remain in the UK, Much of this is unpublished by the Govt. let’s not forget the plane which activist stopped taking off last year which included a a man that had rapped multiple times in the uk who the govt were sending back to Somalia!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 04:38 PM   #44
inkiboo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cero ceto View Post
More than 40 foreign terrorists to date have used human rights laws to remain in the UK, Much of this is unpublished by the Govt. let’s not forget the plane which activist stopped taking off last year which included a a man that had rapped multiple times in the uk who the govt were sending back to Somalia!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stansted_15

11 of the 60 now live legally in the UK because they should have never been deported. 2 of those had been trafficked against their will.

The Human Rights Act is about giving due process and safety for those who are most vulnerable. Or shall we just not bother? In fact, let's get rid of courts altogether because sometimes people abuse the system!

Do you want to try again?
Appreciate 0