F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Official Foodie Thread
proTUNING Freaks

02-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #529
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

good work litos, ive lost about 8 lbs in the past 2 weeks sticking to a low calorie, nutritional rich diet. I have a rule where one meal per week is a cheat meal. Last week was popeyes and this week was today. Had a huge superbowl party filled with bbq chicken thighs, 7 layer dip, ribs, wings, etc.

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #530
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
@Litos

Good progress on the belt, but are you weighing yourself? It's really important to monitor your weight, so that you can track your progress.
we haven't bought a scale

if I had to guess, I'm probably down 15-20lbs. maaaybe closer to 15.

I feel real good though - I wake up in the morning not thinking that I'm a walking dead man....

maybe during lunch i'll run to Target and grab me one HAHA !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #531
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

There is no magic to losing weight: eat less and healthier (less calorie intake) and move around a little more (burn more calories).

I promise if you eat the same thing that you normally do but just a little less (or don't get seconds) and you go for a 45 minute walk during lunch, you'll see an immediate impact.

Some people are too drastic when they decide they want to lose weight. The guardrail to guardrail mentality isn't the best one since it's hard to make it part of your normal life. You need to make a lifestyle change that you can make feasible. Eat a little healthier, eat a little less, move around a little more. No rocket science.

I feel bad for those fools on Instagram that have all their meals made for the rest of the week. I see broccoli, some dry ass chicken. Then go destroy your body at a local "Crossfit" place. What an awful way to live.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #532
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

funny thing is that I'm shedding weight by not moving around any more than I normally do.

BUT, I can move around a lot more than I normally did - know hat I mean !?!?

I feel lively and lighter on my feet. I actually used to think twice about going back upstairs if I forgot something - laziness was setting in really hard.

now, i'll walk up there myself without having to send a kid to go get my shit HAHA !!!!

yeah, I think next week i'll incorporate a core strength regimen into this diet.....

last thing I wanna do is lift weights or try any sort of cardio right now with my left meniscus not being so great...

a few different core exercises 4 or 5 times a week would be great.....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #533
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post

now, i'll walk up there myself without having to send a kid to go get my shit HAHA !!!!
That kind of reminds me of my dad, when we were little lol! Good work but make sure that you buy a scale asap! You need to know your weight so that you can track your progress and set goals for yourself.

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #534
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
First - Thats NOT what I said. I said, if you like French food and find a Michelin star French restaurant, you will get an amazing french meal. The same goes for any type of food. That means, if I am looking for amazing Japanese food and there is a Japanese restaurant in the guide, I will get an amazing Japanese meal. FYI - There are more non-French restaurants in the aggregate total of Michelin guides that there are French restaurants so I don't believe you are anywhere close in your assumption.

Second - Again, you took my post of of context. If someone ONLY eats beans and rice, no restaurant in the Michelin guide will please them so there is absolutely no point for them to look at the guide. You don't have to be a genius to know that and contrary to what you stated, they have no taste for food if that is their only staple since they clearly don't eat anything else.

Make sure you re-read this post before responding
thank you for clarifying your point. i'll just have to disagree and say that in my experience, it's not a guarantee that a starred restaurant will be an amazing experience. by narrow, I didn't mean that Michelin is all French food. i meant to say that its rubric filters out other deserving restaurants.

I didn't say that a person who only eats beans and rice should use the Michelin guide, but they could still have passion for food - perhaps a bean and rice connoisseur.

have fun at sukiyabashi jiro. the problem with eating Japanese food in japan is that nowhere in the us will be as satisfying.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #535
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I feel bad for those fools on Instagram that have all their meals made for the rest of the week. I see broccoli, some dry ass chicken. Then go destroy your body at a local "Crossfit" place. What an awful way to live.
that's the formula for getting more ig folowers lol
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #536
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

i suppose this belongs here too……..

My homemade Superbowl pie… Enjoying the left overs as i type.

Half is bacon, green peppers, ham.

Other half is green peppers, ham, mushrooms, jalapeños.

All of it has a mozzarella blend and a sprinkle of a 6 Italian cheese blend on top.

Made some garlic bread to go a long with it.

02-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #537
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good work but make sure that you buy a scale asap!
just ran to Target during lunch.

forgot to take a picture of it and I left it in the car (along with the Ninja Turtle stuffed toy and the temporary tattoos for my kids lol).

i'll post a picture of how fucking heavy I am when I get home.....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #538
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post

All of it has a mozzarella blend and a sprinkle of a 6 Italian cheese blend on top.

wow that looks like it came from a pizzeria.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #539
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
just ran to Target during lunch.

forgot to take a picture of it and I left it in the car (along with the Ninja Turtle stuffed toy and the temporary tattoos for my kids lol).

i'll post a picture of how fucking heavy I am when I get home.....
Cool, well you can do it man, last year at this time I was 292, yesterday I was able to wear a 34 waist in skinny fit jeans!

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #540
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool, well you can do it man, last year at this time I was 292, yesterday I was able to wear a 34 waist in skinny fit jeans!
you SON OF A BITCH !!!!!!

I bet you feel crazy hot right now lol !!!!!

I'm probably @ 300 right now......doesn't look too good on a 5'7" frame either....

I'm like a 5'7" Rick Ross lololololol....

actually, more like a little smaller version of Chris Farley - at least Chris Farley was athletic and could move his own weight considerably well....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #541
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:

Did you make the dough yourself? If so, impressive getting your pizza to be perfectly round like that! When I make my own pizzas (and my own dough), I always struggle with getting the dough in the right shape.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #542
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
thank you for clarifying your point. i'll just have to disagree and say that in my experience, it's not a guarantee that a starred restaurant will be an amazing experience. by narrow, I didn't mean that Michelin is all French food. i meant to say that its rubric filters out other deserving restaurants.

I didn't say that a person who only eats beans and rice should use the Michelin guide, but they could still have passion for food - perhaps a bean and rice connoisseur.

have fun at sukiyabashi jiro. the problem with eating Japanese food in japan is that nowhere in the us will be as satisfying.
Thanks. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I hear ya on Jiro. I've been disappointed in all sushi ever since I went to Masa so I expect this to change everything I thought I knew about Sushi
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #543
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

kind of hard to see, but I'm eating shrimp cocktail......

1/2lb of cooked shrimp
1 whole avocado
cilantro
chopped up onions
chopped up tomatoes
1 bottle of Louisiana Cocktail sauce

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #544
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
wow that looks like it came from a pizzeria.
It did. used to own a pizza shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Did you make the dough yourself? If so, impressive getting your pizza to be perfectly round like that! When I make my own pizzas (and my own dough), I always struggle with getting the dough in the right shape.
No, our dough recipe is too hard to replicate on that small of a scale. A 50# batch of dough would only require a tablespoon or so of salt. But that 50# batch of dough made like 70 dough balls. So splitting up such an already small quantity of ingredient was unsuccessful for us. There were other small batch recipes out there but i never liked the way they taste. The local grocery store sells dough balls and they must use a recipe very similar to ours as it tastes nearly identical.

However, they do suck at rolling dough balls. They use a machine and that allows lots of air bubbles to stay in the dough ball. We rolled them by hand and rarely every had air bubbles. The less bubbles the more uniform the dough stretches. When it's uniform you can slap it out and spin the dough to make it perfect. When it's got bubbles you have to stretch out the thick parts and stay away from the thin parts. Every now and then they get it right and our guest are always impressed when the dough goes flying. The pie pictured took me about 10 minutes to get it stretched out to look like that. In the pizza shop, with property rolled dough balls, that pie would take about 45 seconds to slap out properly. Wife thinks i hate making pizza because i sit there 10 min cussing the grocery store bakery for making shitty dough balls. haha
      02-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #545
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
funny thing is that I'm shedding weight by not moving around any more than I normally do.

I feel lively and lighter on my feet. I actually used to think twice about going back upstairs if I forgot something - laziness was setting in really hard.

yeah, I think next week i'll incorporate a core strength regimen into this diet.....

last thing I wanna do is lift weights or try any sort of cardio right now with my left meniscus not being so great...

For core strength refer to the ab ripper x video I posted earlier! It takes about 20 minutes per day with no breaks so it's quick and easy. Again, don't start with 25 reps per move because you won't be able to move properly in the morning Ramp up the reps slowly.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #546
i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR-NYC View Post
Thanks. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I hear ya on Jiro. I've been disappointed in all sushi ever since I went to Masa so I expect this to change everything I thought I knew about Sushi
yea ive heard lots of good things about masa. I'd recommend going to japan with someone who speaks Japanese. itll make a HUGE difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #547
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

that's awesome man! keep up the good work!

You may want to look into a TRX strap. Very quick effective workout with that thing. Takes up like no space and only uses your body weight. But with different foot placement, you can control the amount of body weight your using as resistance. Doesn't feel like you're doing anything….. until the next day. So if you try it, go out with very few reps the first time.

Oh yeah just about every exercise you do hits your core muscles because you're constantly having to balance.
      02-03-2014, 03:17 PM   #548
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah just about every exercise you do hits your core muscles because you're constantly having to balance.
it hits them, but I'm really looking at targeting them now

i'll go look up the TRX Strap right now.....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #549
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
it hits them, but I'm really looking at targeting them now

i'll go look up the TRX Strap right now.....
I meant that just doing regular exercises hits the core. There are LOTS you can do to target core strength. I did a chest, back and lunge circuit (20 min) a few weeks ago and my friggin abs were sore as a mofo! Like don't make me laugh or i'll attempt to punch you but only further injure myself kind of sore.

The clincher for the TRX is getting the wife to do it. You may wanna figure out a way to use the strap in a room where the kids aren't allowed to go….. if you know what i mean….
      02-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #550
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

made some turkey chili last night for the superbowl, gonna have some leftovers for lunch wrapped up in a brown rice tortilla and guacamole

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0