F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
ARMA SPEED

02-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #639
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak13 View Post
Hello pleased to announce that I have succeeded in connecting to BMW live. However the only thing that works is the weather, the second option is news however I need to register. You mentioned UK registration however it won't allow me to click on Europe for some reason? Any ideas? Also I have the app called BMW connected it requiresto connect via USB which I did however it doesn't "see" the connection.
what other options can I get with bmw live and would coding or paying the 250$ give me any further options.
Hi Mirak
You can see the options I got in the following post
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...e#post15246172
I don't understand why it not let you register a UK address , it was the first thing it asked for when I added it to my VO

Connected drive app on your phone needs you to have BMW Apps option installed in your car to connect to the car. This is the option that cost me 250 dollars. This is also the option that makes pandora work.

As for BMW live I only use the weather option the rest are useless in Egypt in my opinion. if you live in Europe or USA that's another story
      02-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #640
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Guys here is the NEW strut for N20 (320i, 328i ) front strut brace, what you except and what has been concluded after testing it: More handling, Less body roll, Heavier steering which gives more accurate output, Better brake performance not just the pedal feel, More planted on road.. All that Just by passing stress from the front suspension across the bar which allows for better ride quality experience even on rough surface you can go flat out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #641
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmansky View Post
Sorry to disappoint u, but neither live nor apps would work with your version of idrive. You have to retrofit NBT

Hello Osmansky Pleased to meet you.
When you say version do you mean Hardware or Software, or Firmware?
I presently have software versions:
Media: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031
I will be updating this soon.
Also as I mentioned earlier the car came with S6ALA BMW LIVE

It is in the IDRIVE menu.
I also have S6NSA Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone

I can send you my VIN number if it would help.

What works are the following: Bluetooth Music and Bluetooth Phone. Once connected Next to my phone on the IDrive screen I get 3 icons lighting up, BT Telephone, BT Media, and BT Data.

Also when I connect my Note3 via USB cable and click on BMW Live it is clearly trying to connect it takes a while however so for I have not succeed in fully connecting. I also asked the dealer and he confirmed that with my present setup I can get the following to work:Email and messages and calendar as well as the options available through BMW LIVE which as I have already explained I clearly have as an option (S6ALA).

I heard somewhere that besides getting the phone and car paired as well as connected via USB, I must also tether and allow for data connection via my phone.

If any one can help I would truly appreciate it!
I will go to my car right now and photograph what exactly is showing up on the screen and send it to you and the rest of the forum to show you what is going on and perhaps you can point what I am doing wrong

Hi mirak, when i mentioned version, i was basically talking hardware. As far as i understand we both (316 &320) had the same version. However as per you pics & confirmation its different as in my case i dont get BT media nor live, apps, etc

Anyways am glad you got it to work, maybe ouzzo & rusty can help with some additional coding that will add more featured
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #642
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Guys here is the NEW strut for N20 (320i, 328i ) front strut brace, what you except and what has been concluded after testing it: More handling, Less body roll, Heavier steering which gives more accurate output, Better brake performance not just the pedal feel, More planted on road.. All that Just by passing stress from the front suspension across the bar which allows for better ride quality experience even on rough surface you can go flat out.
Looks and sound good ya Rusty. in shaa Allah if it's as goos as you say for an2 min install job I am going for it
      02-19-2014, 03:16 AM   #643
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
Looks and sound good ya Rusty. in shaa Allah if it's as goos as you say for an2 min install job I am going for it
yea we will defiantly do a test on a stock car to confirm the differences.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 03:19 AM   #644
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Also thanks everyone for your warm welcome I am truly looking forward to being part of this special community. Hope we can meet sometime. When you all get together please tell me so I can join you.
Mirak I can help you in coding your current idrive or the NBT if you are planning to upgrade it, unfortunately BMW limited the idrive in 16i & 20i, but don't worry there is still other coding to do.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #645
mirak13
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Hello rustyminded,
Just tell me what to do and Ill be a good student! Promise!
Well let me tell you what I have done so far...
I got BMW live to work for about 10 minutes , got the weather in cairo and I tried news but didnt go too far since I didnt have any rss sites to try it then asked me to register, I tried to click on Europe but it wasnt highlighted and wouldnt go anywhere I pressed randomly on Austrailia and it clicked but then I was disconected and when I tried to reconect it I whent to registration and it chose Egypt for me so I decided to disconect instead of going any further.

Now what I would like to do is take it step by step and see how far I can go.
A) I would like to first get myself registered somewhere in Europe or the US, hope you can walk me through the process.
B) I would like to get news to work
C) How about office: Calendar/Tasks/SMS/Email etc...
D) I downloaded Connected App on my android, would I be able to use it in the car? I tried to connect by following the instructions, connected the USB cable, while having BT data connected (I am guessing that if it is connected via USB then it doesnt need bluetooth, in all cases it wasnt recognized as connected. ... tell me is that android app a free alternative to the 250$ App Option or is it to be used with it? does that mean that in order to have any apps to work I am stuck with having to pay the 250$? or are there any coding options that we can work on?

Basically if there was a way to simply use the incar screen as a monitor for my phone and allow me to use apps like google maps off my phone then that would be the best of all worlds. But I am guessing that it is not possible since if it was all of you would have probably done it by now.

Anyway I would love it if you could help me enable all the possible free ways of using the in-car screen. my next step would be to actually buy the 250$ app option, after that I would like to see what minor upgrades I can do until I finally reach a full NBT upgrade in 1 year or perhaps wait 2 years when the warranty has expired.

I hope that we can meet sometime so you can help me with all that crazy coding stuff i would also like it if you would tell me the next time you all meet together it would be alot of fun to show off our cars.

Karim

Quote:
Mirak I can help you in coding your current idrive or the NBT if you are planning to upgrade it, unfortunately BMW limited the idrive in 16i & 20i, but don't worry there is still other coding to do.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #646
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hello rustyminded,
Just tell me what to do and Ill be a good student! Promise!
Well let me tell you what I have done so far...
I got BMW live to work for about 10 minutes , got the weather in cairo and I tried news but didnt go too far since I didnt have any rss sites to try it then asked me to register, I tried to click on Europe but it wasnt highlighted and wouldnt go anywhere I pressed randomly on Austrailia and it clicked but then I was disconected and when I tried to reconect it I whent to registration and it chose Egypt for me so I decided to disconect instead of going any further.

Now what I would like to do is take it step by step and see how far I can go.
A) I would like to first get myself registered somewhere in Europe or the US, hope you can walk me through the process.
B) I would like to get news to work
C) How about office: Calendar/Tasks/SMS/Email etc...
D) I downloaded Connected App on my android, would I be able to use it in the car? I tried to connect by following the instructions, connected the USB cable, while having BT data connected (I am guessing that if it is connected via USB then it doesnt need bluetooth, in all cases it wasnt recognized as connected. ... tell me is that android app a free alternative to the 250$ App Option or is it to be used with it? does that mean that in order to have any apps to work I am stuck with having to pay the 250$? or are there any coding options that we can work on?

Basically if there was a way to simply use the incar screen as a monitor for my phone and allow me to use apps like google maps off my phone then that would be the best of all worlds. But I am guessing that it is not possible since if it was all of you would have probably done it by now.

Anyway I would love it if you could help me enable all the possible free ways of using the in-car screen. my next step would be to actually buy the 250$ app option, after that I would like to see what minor upgrades I can do until I finally reach a full NBT upgrade in 1 year or perhaps wait 2 years when the warranty has expired.

I hope that we can meet sometime so you can help me with all that crazy coding stuff i would also like it if you would tell me the next time you all meet together it would be alot of fun to show off our cars.

Karim
Hey Mirak,
let's take it step by step as for:
A) I will have to see that when we meet because I don't understand what you mean
B) News feed is active, If BMW live is active I have that on my car without coding
C) This can be coded.
D)I think this will require the paid apps, Ouzzo will help you on this as he paid for these apps so he knows better about it. for me in person I use the Internet to get on facebook, twitter etc.

It's not possible to do that from phone to the idrive unless you change the screen which will be a cheaper way to upgrade rather than NBT but I wouldn't recommend doing that in your bimmer, either go for quality or don't

we will defiantly meet soon ISA
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #647
mirak13
Egypt
Rep

Thanks man. How do you access the internet, through bluetooth tethering?
What other things can we code?
Does any of this void warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #648
mirak13
Egypt
Rep

As for registration i mean i can't access bmw live it's asking me to register and i heard that in order to get bmw live i shouldn't register on egypt. I believe Ouzzo mentioned something about that
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 06:10 AM   #649
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man. How do you access the internet, through bluetooth tethering?
What other things can we code?
Does any of this void warranty?
Yes but if you have Built in Internet,
I uploaded a pdf on what can be coded to your car, some codes will require the CIC/NBT of course

No at all I went twice with my car coded, it will be reset if they only update the software. don't worry I've coded other cars as well and they didn't say anything about the warranty. although if you don't feel comfortable about it, I can put it back to stock till you finish your service then we can code it again.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F30 Coding Sheet Summary rev 1.05.pdf (37.3 KB, 178 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #650
mirak13
Egypt
Rep

Wonderful! So when do we meet to start?

Quote:
Yes but if you have Built in Internet,
I uploaded a pdf on what can be coded to your car, some codes will require the CIC/NBT of course

No at all I went twice with my car coded, it will be reset if they only update the software. don't worry I've coded other cars as well and they didn't say anything about the warranty. although if you don't feel comfortable about it, I can put it back to stock till you finish your service then we can code it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #651
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Wonderful! So when do we meet to start?
Sunday if it's ok with you
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #652
mirak13
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Sunday if it's ok with you
Sunday going to the dentist my number is 01227432828 wich can arange for another day
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #653
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949444
For guys who have iPhones and don't have BT audio you can try this
      02-23-2014, 02:09 AM   #654
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2013 Luxury

Quote:
Hi Rusty,
Great .... from where you get it and how much is it?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #655
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essam-Badwee View Post
Hi Rusty,
Great .... from where you get it and how much is it?
Thanks
It will be $190, shipping will be estimated at around $45 to Egypt depending on shipping company, If you are interested give me a call 01222911998.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #656
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2013 Luxury

Quote:
It will be $190, shipping will be estimated at around $45 to Egypt depending on shipping company, If you are interested give me a call 01222911998.
Thanks Rasty ... i am traveling now once i return to Egypt i will call you
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #657
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essam-Badwee View Post
Thanks Rasty ... i am traveling now once i return to Egypt i will call you
sounds great..
Appreciate 0