F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
proTUNING Freaks

04-23-2017, 05:07 PM   #1167
tuna369
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL0501 View Post
Do you have pictures of the stock low beams? Color and cutoff?
its kind of hard to tell in pictures but I ended up getting good cutoff. As for the light output its far superior than stock halogens. It's not necessarily brighter but I love how it projects light much further. I still think its a little narrow but its not that bad to be honest and I can always turn on fog lights and it makes the shadows on the sides not noticible. I decided not to bother putting HIDS since night time visibility is pretty good now lol
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #1168
ATL0501
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '21 540 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna369 View Post
its kind of hard to tell in pictures but I ended up getting good cutoff. As for the light output its far superior than stock halogens. It's not necessarily brighter but I love how it projects light much further. I still think its a little narrow but its not that bad to be honest and I can always turn on fog lights and it makes the shadows on the sides not noticible. I decided not to bother putting HIDS since night time visibility is pretty good now lol
Does the color of the USR provided halogen bulbs match the LED rings?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #1169
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Did your cutoff get better after the install? Gonna order a set. Did you need new bulb holders?
I don't have the depo headlights I have the stock halogen housing with the Morimoto HID's so I couldn't really help you there
      04-24-2017, 11:15 AM   #1170
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL0501 View Post
Quote:
Does the color of the USR provided halogen bulbs match the LED rings?
No, the halogen bulb provided does not match the halos. It gives better light distribution than the stock reflectors, but there is no change in color from the stock bulbs
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #1171
eboosted
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i xdrive 2009

Out of stock

These headlights are out of stock, has anyone got ny alternative seller to supply them besides uniquestyleracings.com?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #1172
Black Sheep //M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have been stalking this page for quite some time now. I have finally purchased these DEPO headlights, and I can't wait to install it along with my M-Bumper. I have a few questions since I want to kill as many birds with one stone.

Which stealth signal bulbs can I get for these DEPO headlights? I want to keep the amber light; I just don't like the ugly yellow look.

Second, I need to get some HIDs because that yellow light is just unsafe. Which HID kit would not only compliment these DEPO headlights but would be free of error and NO coding for me to get.

Thanks guys,
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #1173
eboosted
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i xdrive 2009

When did you buy them? they are out of stop, can you podst a link where you got them?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #1174
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep //M View Post
I have been stalking this page for quite some time now. I have finally purchased these DEPO headlights, and I can't wait to install it along with my M-Bumper. I have a few questions since I want to kill as many birds with one stone.

Which stealth signal bulbs can I get for these DEPO headlights? I want to keep the amber light; I just don't like the ugly yellow look.

Second, I need to get some HIDs because that yellow light is just unsafe. Which HID kit would not only compliment these DEPO headlights but would be free of error and NO coding for me to get.

Thanks guys,
Trust me, you're gonna love them. I will say the cutoff can be strange, but you can mess with it and reduce it some.

Can't speak for the signals, but I'm picking up the Morimoto set and people in the thread have spoken highly of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #1175
Black Sheep //M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I might check them out. Which kit should I get? and I have heard some people cutting out the back of the light to make HID's fit? Would I also get an error code?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 09:23 AM   #1176
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep //M View Post
I might check them out. Which kit should I get? and I have heard some people cutting out the back of the light to make HID's fit? Would I also get an error code?
Just installed the Morimoto elite h7 hid kit, and they are amazing! Huge difference from the stock halogen bulbs. I tried the kensun kit off amazon first and could never get it to work correctly. The Morimotos are super easy to install, I could hide them underneath the headlight and they have no errors or codes.
Make sure to order a pair of the euro h7 adapters to go with them. I'll try to post some shots of the difference later today if I get a chance
Appreciate 1
thezarb14.00
      04-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #1177
tuna369
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adequate View Post
Just installed the Morimoto elite h7 hid kit, and they are amazing! Huge difference from the stock halogen bulbs. I tried the kensun kit off amazon first and could never get it to work correctly. The Morimotos are super easy to install, I could hide them underneath the headlight and they have no errors or codes.
Make sure to order a pair of the euro h7 adapters to go with them. I'll try to post some shots of the difference later today if I get a chance
hey Dr. Adequate, do you have to remove the bumper to install these HIDs? thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #1178
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
hey Dr. Adequate, do you have to remove the bumper to install these HIDs? thanks
Nope, I just pulled the wheel off to make life easier, and I removed the inner wheel lining so I could hide the ballast and igniter underneath the headlight assembly, probably took like 25 minutes cuz I couldn't decide where to mount the ballast
Appreciate 1
thezarb14.00
      04-28-2017, 04:27 PM   #1179
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, I just pulled the wheel off to make life easier, and I removed the inner wheel lining so I could hide the ballast and igniter underneath the headlight assembly, probably took like 25 minutes cuz I couldn't decide where to mount the ballast
First pic is just drivers side halogen, second pic is passenger side with morimoto hid.
Huge difference, even my wife who knows nothing about cars commented it was way better and the color of the light was much nicer (I did the 4500k)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
scostu1619.50
thezarb14.00
      04-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #1180
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
First pic is just drivers side halogen, second pic is passenger side with morimoto hid.
Huge difference, even my wife who knows nothing about cars commented it was way better and the color of the light was much nicer (I did the 4500k)
Seems like your cutoff got much worse. Were you able to correct this?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #1181
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Seems like your cutoff got much worse. Were you able to correct this?
In person the cut off is still pretty good, I think it is probably just reflection picked by my phone camera that you are seeing
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #1182
EddieF30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMPETITION

By any chance do any of you guys have the link to purchase the H7 brackets for the low beams on the USR headlights?

Thinking about changing my low beams as well to the Morimoto Elite HID
      04-29-2017, 12:47 PM   #1183
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieF30 View Post
By any chance do any of you guys have the link to purchase the H7 brackets for the low beams on the USR headlights?

Thinking about changing my low beams as well to the Morimoto Elite HID
If you buy from morimoto they have an adapter you can buy for it. Look in the accessories menu and get the h7 euro adapters.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #1184
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
In person the cut off is still pretty good, I think it is probably just reflection picked by my phone camera that you are seeing
Thanks. I'm hoping the current cutoff gets better with the Morimoto set. Thanks! Also, when you put yours in, did you drill a hole in the hard plastic or try routing it through the softer cap?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 08:25 PM   #1185
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I'm hoping the current cutoff gets better with the Morimoto set. Thanks! Also, when you put yours in, did you drill a hole in the hard plastic or try routing it through the softer cap?
I just drilled a 7/8" hole in the back, the rubber grommet they include seals it pretty goo
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #1186
dr adequate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just drilled a 7/8" hole in the back, the rubber grommet they include seals it pretty goo
*good
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #1187
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
*good
Ah, didn't know it came with one. Thanks! I was thinking of getting some sealant as well, but it seems they already provide. Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #1188
justa320i
Rep
Drives: 2016 320i Base

Quote:
If you buy from morimoto they have an adapter you can buy for it. Look in the accessories menu and get the h7 euro adapters.
Do I need the "Optional Capacitor link"? So I noticed that Retrofitsource is selling the Morimoto for cheaper then Morimoto themselves. I can't find the Euro H7 adapter. Do you have a link? TIA
Appreciate 0