F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > M-Sport Tracking Thread
ARMA SPEED

07-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #111
Eric500
um...
Rep
Drives: LC500

When I call, it just says in production...
      07-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #112
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Might as well. Both options were $1200 separately in 2012 but are $1000 as a package this year.
I went to bmwconfig and added the DH pkg and took out the prem pkg.
Total is $51,270.
With prem and no DH it was $51,020.
Honestly, the few items in the prem pkg do nothing for me, whereas I know I'll get more use from the DH pkg.

Prem pkg adds
comfort access
lumbar
satellite.

I could care less about keyless entry.
I don't use lumbar due to a back issue. It's more comfy without using it at all.
Satellite I might use, but after reading up on it there are so many complaints on the lack of sound quality.
I don't think I'd be happy paying for an audio service that doesn't even sound as good as even FM.

Last edited by RPM90; 07-04-2012 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #113
verbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Total is $51,270.
Honestly, the few items in the prem pkg do nothing for me, whereas I know I'll get more use from the DH pkg.

Prem pkg adds
comfort access
lumbar
satellite.

I don't use lumbar due to a back issue. It's more comfy without using it at all.
Satellite I might use, but after reading up on it there are so many complaints on the lack of sound quality.
I don't think I'd be happy paying for an audio service that doesn't even sound as good as even FM.
Satellite is awesome. But you can get it for $277 aftermarket with a year of radio subscription included. That's the route I went.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #114
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Fwiw, without the premium package and therefore without comfort access, you don't get the kick-open trunklid.

Also, you miss out on folding mirrors when locking/unlocking (with coding)

Probably not important to some folks, but the kick-open trunklid is too cool to pass up. I'll be using it often too.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:42 AM   #115
JustinTJ
I saw the light!
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY13 F30, MY02 E36/7

Quote:
Total is $51,270.

Prem pkg adds
comfort access
lumbar
satellite.

Dude, you are coming around! First thing was the red over silver, now the ZDH over premium.

Welcome to the cool club, you just got a drivers car with the ZDH addition.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #116
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTJ View Post
Really dude, do you bother looking up anything on your own?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691811

ZMM M Sport Line
2PE 18" M light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 400 M with mixed tyres (style 400M)
or 2PP - 18" M light alloy wheels Starspoke style 400 M
337 M Sport Package
481 Sport seats
4DX Highlight trim finishers Estoril Blue matt
or 4DL - Highlight trim finishers Black high-gloss
or 4DM - Highlight trim finishers pearl gloss chrome
4MR Aluminum Hexagon interior trim
or 4AB - Dark Burl Walnut wood trim
704 Sport suspension
710 M steering wheel
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
775 Anthracite headliner
840 Increased top speed limiter
ZPT Performance Summer Tires
or ZAS - All Season Tires
KCSW Black Leatherette
or KCDF - Venetian Beige Leatherette
or LCDF - Venetian Beige Dakota Leather
or LCL5 - Leather Dakota Coral Red/Black highlight
or LCSW - Black Dakota Leather
Nope. I just rely on you awesome folks.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #117
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Add it...

For $1000 that package is a STEAL.

After having the damping on my M3, I will never go back. It adapts to my multiple driving personalities!
How come you're jumping from an M3 into a 335i? Why not just get another E92 M3?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #118
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsevenx6 View Post
Mine is in paint too, but estimated completion today! Don't see how that's possible... :
2006 Camry to a 2013 BMW? Somebody got a raise.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #119
DNN_F30
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M-Sport (EB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
2006 Camry to a 2013 BMW? Somebody got a raise.
I always wanted a BMW (M3) since I was 10, it was my dream. I bought the Camry just before college because I could afford it. Now, I can afford my dream. I was actually on the fence about buying the 335is but that went out the window when I started following F30 rumors over a year ago. Funny thing is, now I literally have dreams (or nightmares) that I get the wrong color, the car is stolen etc. Obsessed, I know...
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #120
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsevenx6 View Post
I always wanted a BMW (M3) since I was 10, it was my dream. I bought the Camry just before college because I could afford it. Now, I can afford my dream. I was actually on the fence about buying the 335is but that went out the window when I started following F30 rumors over a year ago. Funny thing is, now I literally have dreams (or nightmares) that I get the wrong color, the car is stolen etc. Obsessed, I know...
Haha, congrats man! Always great when someone sets a goal and then goes out and achieves it!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #121
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
How come you're jumping from an M3 into a 335i? Why not just get another E92 M3?
Lots of reasons but primarily these few:

- Current M3 has been a real pain in the @ss with electronic issues and warranty is expiring

- F30 = sedan, 3-5 years ago I was cool paying $4,000 more for a coupe; now it just seems ridiculous (holds more people, more practical, etc.) Very impressed with the rear seat legroom.

- The F30 styling somehow grew on me one day (suddenly) and I realized how awesome it looks. I was skeptical at first but time fixed that :P Also a huge plus to have a new style soon after it comes out.

There's tons more specifics (I refuse to buy a car without a anthracite headliner - bothers me if it's anything other than black). I think the day I read on here that the M Sport steering wheel was an option (or rather, the M Sport Line which includes the M Sport steering wheel) the decision was pretty much instant.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #122
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:

- Current M3 has been a real pain in the @ss with electronic issues and warranty is expiring

- F30 = sedan, 3-5 years ago I was cool paying $4,000 more for a coupe; now it just seems ridiculous (holds more people, more practical, etc.) Very impressed with the rear seat legroom.

- The F30 styling somehow grew on me one day (suddenly) and I realized how awesome it looks. I was skeptical at first but time fixed that :P Also a huge plus to have a new style soon after it comes out.

There's tons more specifics (I refuse to buy a car without a anthracite headliner - bothers me if it's anything other than black). I think the day I read on here that the M Sport steering wheel was an option (or rather, the M Sport Line which includes the M Sport steering wheel) the decision was pretty much instant.
Cool. Makes sense!

What kind of electronic issues were you having with the M3? I'm getting the ActiveHybrid 3 which has a lot of electronics and hope I don't have any issues.

The M Sport steering wheel is ONLY available with the M Sport line, right, or did you hear different? The M Sport steering wheel is almost the entire reason I opted for the M Sport line in the first place. If I could get the M Sport wheel with any other line, I'd probably pick a different one.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #123
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Satellite is awesome. But you can get it for $277 aftermarket with a year of radio subscription included. That's the route I went.
I've not heard sat radio in a car.
How does it compare to CD's or high quality mp3?

If I do go with sat I'll just opt for the whole prem pkg just so I don't have to deal with installing it later.

With your aftermarket setup, does it work the same way as the OEM setup?
Does it use the same controls to operate it, or are there controls on the AM unit that you have to use?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #124
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Fwiw, without the premium package and therefore without comfort access, you don't get the kick-open trunklid.

Also, you miss out on folding mirrors when locking/unlocking (with coding)

Probably not important to some folks, but the kick-open trunklid is too cool to pass up. I'll be using it often too.
The trunk lid thing is ok, but I won't miss it.

I didn't know the folding mirrors were part of the prem pkg?
Yet again BMW doesn't give the whole story in their package descriptions.
Folding mirrors is something I've used, rarely, but I've used it in my 135i.

I may reconsider and keep the prem pkg.
I'm still trying to decide if I really want the DH pkg. I posted a thread to get some real world experience info from those who already have adaptive susp and VSS.

I'm doing the BMW drive event next week and I hope they have some 3's with adaptive and VSS. Given my production week, I should have enough time to make a decision.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #125
adelphi_sky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Jet Black

Quote:
The trunk lid thing is ok, but I won't miss it.

I didn't know the folding mirrors were part of the prem pkg?
Yet again BMW doesn't give the whole story in their package descriptions.
Folding mirrors is something I've used, rarely, but I've used it in my 135i.

I may reconsider and keep the prem pkg.
I'm still trying to decide if I really want the DH pkg. I posted a thread to get some real world experience info from those who already have adaptive susp and VSS.

I'm doing the BMW drive event next week and I hope they have some 3's with adaptive and VSS. Given my production week, I should have enough time to make a decision.
What I find interesting is that no one currently knows how well the passive M-Sport suspension will be yet because there are no available F30 M-Sports to test the passive M-Sport suspension against the Adaptive M suspension. A lot of people are going all in, $1000, for the Adaptive M with VSS. I went without it because I figured it was new and BMW has done well without it in earlier versions of the 3 -series. My philosophy is the more systems and moving parts you have, the more that can go wrong. If it turns out to be all that its cracked up to be and the passive M suspension is just soooo bad, I will spring for it on my next least along with the next gen Nav.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #126
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Cool. Makes sense!

What kind of electronic issues were you having with the M3? I'm getting the ActiveHybrid 3 which has a lot of electronics and hope I don't have any issues.

The M Sport steering wheel is ONLY available with the M Sport line, right, or did you hear different? The M Sport steering wheel is almost the entire reason I opted for the M Sport line in the first place. If I could get the M Sport wheel with any other line, I'd probably pick a different one.
Me too on the M steering wheel.
The sport line actually had the trim choices I would have preferred, like the red trimmed black leather seats, and the anodized red trim with brushed aluminum.
If the M wheel were offered separately, I too think I would have gone with the sport line.

Yet I didn't get the Msport just for the steering wheel. But the wheel finally sold it.
My order of like for the Msport:
1. M steering wheel
2. Body kit
3. The wheels
4. Staggered wheel size with 18's
5. I think with Msport I get body colored side mirrors, which I think are black with sport line.
6. M foot rest

I still think it sucks that Msport can't be had with the same interior trim options as sport line.
They should have offered all the sport line options and then added the Msport items.
But that's past history for now. Maybe BMW will correct that for future buyers.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #127
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
What I find interesting is that no one currently knows how well the passive M-Sport suspension will be yet because there are no available F30 M-Sports to test the passive M-Sport suspension against the Adaptive M suspension. A lot of people are going all in, $1000, for the Adaptive M with VSS. I went without it because I figured it was new and BMW has done well without it in earlier versions of the 3 -series. My philosophy is the more systems and moving parts you have, the more that can go wrong. If it turns out to be all that its cracked up to be and the passive M suspension is just soooo bad, I will spring for it on my next least along with the next gen Nav.
I hear ya on that. There hasn't been any real side by side suspension comparison between passive sport and adaptive sport.
BMW has always done a great job on their passive sport suspensions, the steering has always been direct and precise.
The difference this time being the steering loosing some "feel" with the electric assist.

As for the M sport suspension, given current information, it's just a naming difference, as both passive sport susp and passive Msport susp. are the same using the same option number. Expectation is that there will be no difference.

I posted a thread to see if someone can look up the spring part numbers and damper part numbers between the models.
Comparison:
328i vs 335i standard passive sport suspension.
-Spring rate difference?
-Different dampers, indicating different valve tuning?

335i sport line passive sport susp vs 335i Msport passive sport susp.
-Spring rates?
-Dampers?

335i Msport passive sport susp vs 335i Msport adaptive susp.
-Same spring rates?
-Dampers are different, that's at least obvious.

One poster to that thread claims there is a spring rate chart that is based on what options are in the car, but he didn't give me a link for it.
If options weight calls for a spring rate change, then one would think that vehicle weight difference will call for different spring rates as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #128
bimmerlover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240Ixdrive

Production # 3922xxx
Produced/Inspected awaiting shipment to USA now
Sweet!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #129
adelphi_sky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover View Post
You can call the 1800 BMWNA # and they'll actually give you exactly what's being done during production.
Mine is in the paint shop today.. estimated completion tomorrow

Mine is in the paint shop today and will be completed tomorrow. Our cars may be on the same ship next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #130
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlover View Post
Production # 3922xxx
Produced/Inspected awaiting shipment to USA now
Sweet!
NICE!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #131
ThreeTwentyEightI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW right now :(

http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSched...pe=generatePDF

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #132
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:

I'm also coming from an '08 M3 and going into a Msport 335.

I needed something a little less "thirsty"

Appreciate 0