F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Incoming - X4 M40i
Extreme Powerhouse

11-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #133
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-GT View Post
Love the new motor - very nice. I probably like it because it's shape is similar to a 3 GT.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the two tone leather seats.

Enjoy.
Cheers mate. The leather looks great in person. The camera doesn't capture the true colour.

Same as a 3 GT? Maybe, in that it has 5 seats and a steering wheel

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1545.00
      11-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #134
3-GT
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukka View Post
Quote:
Love the new motor - very nice. I probably like it because it's shape is similar to a 3 GT.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the two tone leather seats.

Enjoy.
Same as a 3 GT? Maybe, in that it has 5 seats and a steering wheel
:
Appreciate 1
Rukka2628.00
      11-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #135
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:

Enjoy.
Brilliant. As an ex-3GT owner, I totally agree. In fact, you've got to wonder what they did with all the unsold ones. Mild facelift, jack it up a few inches and call it an SUV...

Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #136
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Buying an SUV for space I get but buying for looks or driving enjoyment is beyond me.

Going from a TTS seems odd but as long as the OP is happy that is all that counts, my money is on the SUV lasting 18 months at best.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #137
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
Brilliant. As an ex-3GT owner, I totally agree. In fact, you've got to wonder what they did with all the unsold ones. Mild facelift, jack it up a few inches and call it an SUV...
And there must be LOADS of unsold ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 09:56 AM   #138
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
And there must be LOADS of unsold ones.
Arent you due a new car this week.... that saying about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind!

(Its ok, I liked the 3GT more than the X4 for looks and I like the Clubman too...)
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #139
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Buying an SUV for space I get but buying for looks or driving enjoyment is beyond me.

Going from a TTS seems odd but as long as the OP is happy that is all that counts, my money is on the SUV lasting 18 months at best.
Here we go again. I like the looks of many SUVs. I've also enjoyed driving many of them. It's really hard to imagine going 'back' from what a good SUV delivers.

But it's not 'beyond me' to work out that others may have different needs, likes and tastes. However, it certainly is beyond me to work out why someone would join a 'my new car' thread to attempt to piss on someone's chips. That's poor form in my book, but happens a lot on here (not just aimed at your comment, fella ).

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 5
Rukka2628.00
Rbrown2762.50
mcoops1746.50
Wills28729.00
JustChris17631.50
      11-16-2020, 10:08 AM   #140
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Arent you due a new car this week.... that saying about glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind!

(Its ok, I liked the 3GT more than the X4 for looks and I like the Clubman too...)
Damn, just signed the paperwork, being delivered next Monday. If I knew it was to your taste, knowing your taste, I’d have talked the wife out if it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #141
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:

Damn, just signed the paperwork, being delivered next Monday. If I knew it was to your taste, knowing your taste, I’d have talked the wife out if it.

I should’ve let her keep the Q7 and got myself a cheap leased Kia Stinger.
You do know that Doug* has just chopped his Stinger for a Land Rover? It's a potentially happy path for you

*de Muro.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #142
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I have great taste, always pick what I like. And the only person that matters in that decision thinks that is great taste.

Q7 and Stinger - as long as you like them....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #143
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Here we go again. I like the looks of many SUVs. I've also enjoyed driving many of them. It's really hard to imagine going 'back' from what a good SUV delivers.

But it's not 'beyond me' to work out that others may have different needs, likes and tastes. However, it certainly is beyond me to work out why someone would join a 'my new car' thread to attempt to piss on someone's chips. That's poor form in my book, but happens a lot on here (not just aimed at your comment, fella ).
Well as long as it is not just me that has impinged on your sensibilities I can sleep soundly tonight
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #144
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Well put Mashin

I've got thick skin, but better still, I'm not biting

Appreciate 2
Wills28729.00
      11-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #145
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have great taste, always pick what I like. And the only person that matters in that decision thinks that is great taste.

Q7 and Stinger - as long as you like them....
You obviously don’t pay the same attention. I’ve always said I like the Q7 despite it’s looks.

And the Kia is a great looking car from most angles. Only a badge snob would dismiss it. Still, we are poles apart if you like the 3 GT and dislike the Stinger.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:29 AM   #146
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
However, it certainly is beyond me to work out why someone would join a 'my new car' thread to attempt to piss on someone's chips. That's poor form in my book, but happens a lot on here (not just aimed at your comment, fella ).
No, no it's fine. You can say whatever you like as long as you put a smiley face afterwards, or say 'ETTO'

Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #147
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I don’t actually mind the X4 too much in the flesh, better than the pics, and therefore I haven’t had a go at it’s looks. 3GT is a different matter.

But, you can’t post a picture of a polarising car like the X4 on a car enthusiasts forum and expect total decorum, new car thread or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 10:54 AM   #148
XAlp
Major
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 T6

Quote:
Yes mate. If you took the M Sport plus pack you have the option of M seats with Vernasca leather or you can take standard seats with Merino leather.

Seemed a no brained for the better leather.

Configurator has changed now though and the option is no longer there. It's either the Plus pack or the Merino leather. You can't have both.
Hi again Rukka.
There are a couple of used X3s out there at the mo - one with the same seats as yours (very nice indeed!) and one with the M Seats (in Cognac) which look very nice - any experience of the M seats? Did you try any when choosing?
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription Pro
2003 Honda S2000
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #149
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlp View Post
Hi again Rukka.
There are a couple of used X3s out there at the mo - one with the same seats as yours (very nice indeed!) and one with the M Seats (in Cognac) which look very nice - any experience of the M seats? Did you try any when choosing?
Hi Mate,

I did try the M seats and found they were very hard on the lower bolsters and IMO the Vernasca leather is not nice. It feels very plastic like and rough. Also in every one I've seen with the Vernasca leather, and I'll include the X5 loaner I had recently, the leather is baggy/saggy.

Maybe if the M seats had the option of merino it would be worth it but personally, I would ditch them in favour of Merino every time.

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 11:01 AM   #150
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You obviously don’t pay the same attention. I’ve always said I like the Q7 despite it’s looks.

And the Kia is a great looking car from most angles. Only a badge snob would dismiss it. Still, we are poles apart if you like the 3 GT and dislike the Stinger.
Nope, I think you got it in the first sentence.... Looks are so personal that I generally ignore what people say about looks or colour as its down to the individual. Even me and my wife couldnt agree on what looked nice and in what colour.

Stinger is OK, a but fussy for my liking but they have done a good job. I also liked the 3 GT and accept I am in a minority for that.

My daughter loves the X4 (and the GLC coupe). I can see why people like them and in the case of Rukka he has a bloody good version in a colour scheme that really suits it....

Once you are in you cant see the outside anyway so drive way more important than looks.... to me! Mind I did learn to drive in a damask red Princess wedge....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #151
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

Just wondering how many folks here would walk up to a stranger leaving the dealership....... "exceuse me sir, about your new X5M............can I just point out a few things?...."

Anyway, this @Rukka guy, nice new car
Appreciate 3
Rukka2628.00
mcoops1746.50
      11-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #152
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don’t actually mind the X4 too much in the flesh, better than the pics, and therefore I haven’t had a go at it’s looks. 3GT is a different matter.

But, you can’t post a picture of a polarising car like the X4 on a car enthusiasts forum and expect total decorum, new car thread or not.
This^^^^

I think any car posted on here is likely to garner comments from both ends of the spectrum, healthy observation surely.

The guy who bought the Stinger I seem to recall received similar opposing comments..... I quite liked the Stinger.

We are all big boys on here, I am sure Rukka can take it.

By the way Rukka really like the look of that yellow TTS
Appreciate 1
Rukka2628.00
      11-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #153
XAlp
Major
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 T6

Quote:
Hi Mate,

I did try the M seats and found they were very hard on the lower bolsters and IMO the Vernasca leather is not nice. It feels very plastic like and rough. Also in every one I've seen with the Vernasca leather, and I'll include the X5 loaner I had recently, the leather is baggy/saggy.

Maybe if the M seats had the option of merino it would be worth it but personally, I would ditch them in favour of Merino every time.

Cheers
Thanks - lower bolsters = at the side of your thighs?
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription Pro
2003 Honda S2000
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #154
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAlp View Post
Quote:
Hi Mate,

Cheers
Thanks - lower bolsters = at the side of your thighs?
Yes mate. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Appreciate 0