F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What did you do to your F3X today?
GetBMWParts

05-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #1717
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
So thoughts on the mirror caps... I have an Alpine White F31.... would prefer to get white caps in the M3/4 style if I change them... FaRKle! has the OEM in the photo... here are some options... I am not a big fan of the shape with 'BULB' across the screenshot...

Oh and I am not spending for OEM!
I tried both mirror caps

The ones with the bulb word, they don't look as good. choose the one that looks like the white one in the picture or the CF in the last pic, they look a LOT better. That's what I'm using right now. and the quality is better. The other ones started cracking after 1 year. make sure to msg the seller and make sure thyt are selling the one you want, sometimes they put 1 picture and send a different one ( there's also difference in price between the 2)

You can see my mirrors in this pic:

On a separate note do you have any other photos of your car? The M3 bumper looks really good with those kidney grills and frozen paint.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #1718
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Finally, complete side vent project after 2.5 months. Trim finally painted and custom emblems arrived.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MSCD3186.00
7iM3less2610.00
      05-23-2018, 02:51 PM   #1719
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Finally, complete side vent project after 2.5 months. Trim finally painted and custom emblems arrived.
Neat idea. But I can't tell due to the reflections, is the trim chrome then?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #1720
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
No, it’s all BSM.

Sorry for the reflection....not!

LOL
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
7iM3less2610.00
jgoens3787.50
      05-23-2018, 08:45 PM   #1721
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Car wash and overdue tire shine:

Last edited by 7iM3less; 12-14-2018 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4499.00
      05-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #1722
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
u guys and your sexy wheels
IK6SPEED4499.00
      05-23-2018, 09:11 PM   #1723
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, it’s all BSM.

LOL
You've successfully managed to run 255's on your front end - good stuff man!

I've seen so many folks complain about rubbing with 245's.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4499.00
      05-23-2018, 09:35 PM   #1724
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, it's all BSM.

LOL

Also the #1 rated impossible to find in NA SportsContact 6.

What size are you running?

You went with Black 437m. I had a set here but just thought it made mine darker (or as Kailec says a murder car) than I wanted.

I realize I am in the small minority on that point, but my car

Surprised you didn’t black out front reflectors. I did that this month as well with all the paint work.

Also updated the front grilles to Dual Slat.

Once again, painted outside BSM. The inner slats were painted a more matte dark grey/black to match the slat color of the F80. Not that I am trying to duplicate the F80 (as I decided against M3 front bumper) but just liked the contrast of color over normal matte black or glossy black slats.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 05-23-2018 at 09:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #1725
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
No, it’s all BSM.

LOL
Your paint looks to be swirl free--do you polish?
      05-23-2018, 09:57 PM   #1726
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Your paint looks to be swirl free--do you polish?
Yes.

But far, far less than most every other member here.

Try to keep it in a garage as much as I possibly can as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:09 PM   #1727
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Yes.

But far, far less than most every other member here.

Try to keep it in a garage as much as I possibly can as well.
Well, your lucky if you got it down to perfect paint now--I've been hitting a roadblock lately in that I am getting a slight bit of micro-marring. Cleaned the shit out of my towels and pads but am still getting holograms. Really annoying.
IK6SPEED4499.00
      05-23-2018, 10:16 PM   #1728
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

You went with Black 437m. I had a set here but just thought it made mine darker (or as Kailec says a murder car) than I wanted.

Surprised you didn’t black out front reflectors. I did that this month as well with all the paint work.

Once again, painted outside BSM. The inner slats were painted a more matte dark grey/black to match the slat color of the F80. Not that I am trying to duplicate the F80 (as I decided against M3 front bumper) but just liked the contrast of color over normal matte black or glossy black slats.
Hey now, I didn't coin the phrase. But yes, if you enjoy the look, go for it since you're the one living with it! You say you're not trying to duplicate the F80 when you've got the mirrors, fenders and dual slat grills.. I think you should just do the front bumper too and join me.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:28 PM   #1729
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Surprised you didn't black out front reflectors. I did that this month as well with all the paint work.

Hey now, I didn't coin the phrase. But yes, if you enjoy the look, go for it since you're the one living with it! You say you're not trying to duplicate the F80 when you've got the mirrors, fenders and dual slat grills.. I think you should just do the front bumper too and join me.
Really not a fan of doing the M3 front bumper. Again, makes it more aggressive (murder car, lol) that I am not going for. I am looking for Sports Luxury.

Besides, then being accused of trying to be a F80 which I am not (NO badging removed or fake badges added), I have a real concern that M3 STYLE bumpers for F30 have not been tested for airflow changes, especially behind the bumper. I certainly know the replica styles front bumpers do not do the venting all the way to the brakes. In my mind, that is a major error issue.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #1730
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Surprised you didn't black out front reflectors. I did that this month as well with all the paint work.

Really not a fan of doing the M3 front bumper. Again, makes it more aggressive (murder car, lol) that I am not going for.

Besides, then being accused of trying to be a F80 which I am not (NO badging removed or fake badges added), I have a real concern that M3 STYLE bumpers for F30 have not been tested for airflow changes, especially behind the bumper. I certainly know the replica styles front bumpers do not do the venting all the way to the brakes. In my mind, that is a major error issue.
You wanted less aggressive but went with OEM F80 mirrors? Come on, you have 3 F80 style parts, whereas I have 4. One of us! One if us! :P

In any case you I hear you on the venting part but I'm not sure that it would make a difference for a DD car. I can see it being an issue where someone would be looking to actively push the car hard on a track though.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:38 PM   #1731
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really not a fan of doing the M3 front bumper. Again, makes it more aggressive (murder car, lol) that I am not going for.

You wanted less aggressive but went with OEM F80 mirrors? Come on, you have 3 F80 style parts, whereas I have 4. One of us! One if us! :P

In any case you I hear you on the venting part but I'm not sure that it would make a difference for a DD car. I can see it being an issue where someone would be looking to actively push the car hard on a track though.
I actually have 4+ when you consider the CFBR other M3 bracing under the hood.

And then there is the M3 Leather Door Handles, Steering Wheel Leather Airbag and Steering Wheel Leather Trim

My phobia has always gone back to a kid sticking my hand out a window. If your palm is exactly flat it cuts right through it. Move the angle just slightly and your arm if violently forced up or down.

Obviously car companies wind tunnel test their cars. Cheap China bumper knockoffs do not.

And as for not wanting to be more aggressive, again, look at my choice to not go with the black 437m set I had.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #1732
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I actually have 4+ when you consider the CFBR other M3 bracing under the hood.

And then there is the M3 Leather Door Handles, Steering Wheel Leather Airbag and Steering Wheel Leather Trim

My phobia has always gone back to a kid sticking my hand out a window. If your palm is exactly flat it cuts right through it. Move the angle just slightly and your arm if violently forced up or down.

Obviously car companies wind tunnel test their cars. Cheap China bumper knockoffs do not.

And as for not wanting to be more aggressive, again, look at my choice to not go with the black 437m set I had..
That's fair, but while they were made with aesthetics clearly as the priority, I can't imagine a scenario in a DD situation where the lessened airflow would significantly impact anything.

But yes, your more parts means even more so that you should switch!

Last edited by Kailec; 05-23-2018 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #1733
ty666
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi

Quote:

I have 255's in the front, no rubbing whatsoever, and the car is lowered too.

255-40-R19 in the front
275-35-R19 in the Rear
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 04:11 AM   #1734
disintegrator66
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BMW. View Post
A nice feeling!
Yes, and wow... this car is fantastic. Can't stop looking at it. The MPPSK exhaust note is intoxicating! Looking forward to the upcoming long weekend so I can install radar detector and phone mounts.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:37 AM   #1735
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Holy $h!t, mounted some Continental Extreme Contact Sports and my cars transformed.

Photos are one thing but for anyone who seen stretched/ undersized tires on these 437 rims I'll tell you right now going to 235's and 265's is a MUST.

Feels and looks like a new car, who gives a crap about the mud and rain it's picture time!
Are you XDrive or lowered?

Which suspension?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #1736
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Well, your lucky if you got it down to perfect paint now--I've been hitting a roadblock lately in that I am getting a slight bit of micro-marring. Cleaned the shit out of my towels and pads but am still getting holograms. Really annoying.
What was the build date of your 2013 and what factory?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #1737
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Holy $h!t, mounted some Continental Extreme Contact Sports and my cars transformed.

Photos are one thing but for anyone who seen stretched/ undersized tires on these 437 rims I'll tell you right now going to 235's and 265's is a MUST.

Feels and looks like a new car, who gives a crap about the mud and rain it's picture time!
Are you XDrive or lowered?

Which suspension?
xDrive, not lowered.

My car naturally sits low. I've actually compared it to my friends who has M sport suspension. They are nearly identical in height.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #1738
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
xDrive
That might be the difference on why I do not have issues with 255 up front.

I imported a set of 255/265 SC6 as well as a set of 235/265 SC6 for backup. Ended up not needing the SC 235/265 so sold them off to another lucky Bimmerpost owner so we are only 2 Bimmer owners (at least in North America) to be running the SC6.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1479414

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 05-24-2018 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2610.00