F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Following the 'Turtles' (Tortugas)
ARMA SPEED

03-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #155
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
Here's what I imagine Svache will look like when he dances since his new 3-er arrived.
omg too scary :S

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #156
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryNrice004 View Post
just talked to my CA, he said the car was processed at VDC yesterday and released to the shipping carrier Waggoners this morning. Should be arriving tmrw!!!! =D

on a side note, if you look at your vehicle invoice and it has a Priority: 1-Customer "sold" then it gets processed pretty quickly. It's the first to get off the shipping carrier and the first to go thru the VDC.
For reals? Omg that's sweet! Then it is indeed very well possible that my car is currently awaiting a new shipping vessel I thought it would be too fast but if this is the case with you, it's very well possible to be the same with me.. Awesome! Oohh, if it catches the ship that leaves tomorrow, it could be in Hawaii the 28th, and then I should have it before the weekend (just in time for the car show that weekend haha ).

Kinda wished my CA would call me or send me an email.. send him an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet.. could be he's kinda busy again
curryNrice004, let me know if your car indeed will arrive tomorrow

Reason I ask is that I received news from my CA and he gave me the following dates (they're from the BMW dealer information system, he gave me a print screen):

Arrive at VPC: 3/22/12, actual: 3/23/12
Process Confirmed: 3/26/12
Ship from VPC: 3/28/12
Dealer delivery: 4/12/12

The current status is that the car is at the Oxnard VPC and when I asked my dealer about your situation he couldn't believe it to be true. He said that they would most likely, even with the priority (which I also have on my car), not finish until after this weekend. He also mentioned that the above dates are normally 80%-90% of the cases correct.

The printscreen did mention something about release to Waggoners Trucking but that is a future status, it's not at that status yet.

Sooo yeah, seems I'm going to have to be patient for 3 weeks or so, so sad My CA will let me know this Wednesday late afternoon if there is any more concrete news since I want to know what to do, keep the lease a bit longer, or return it and get a rental or perhaps a loaner (it has been mentioned by him but nothing certain yet).

@MacAttack, if these dates hold true, then I think you'll have your car faster than I will

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #157
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Quote:
Here's what I imagine Svache will look like when he dances since his new 3-er arrived.
i was thinking the coconuts would be lower and the leaves on top ...

did i get it wrong ?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #158
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
Quote:
just talked to my CA, he said the car was processed at VDC yesterday and released to the shipping carrier Waggoners this morning. Should be arriving tmrw!!!! =D

on a side note, if you look at your vehicle invoice and it has a Priority: 1-Customer "sold" then it gets processed pretty quickly. It's the first to get off the shipping carrier and the first to go thru the VDC.
For reals? Omg that's sweet! Then it is indeed very well possible that my car is currently awaiting a new shipping vessel I thought it would be too fast but if this is the case with you, it's very well possible to be the same with me.. Awesome! Oohh, if it catches the ship that leaves tomorrow, it could be in Hawaii the 28th, and then I should have it before the weekend (just in time for the car show that weekend haha ).

Kinda wished my CA would call me or send me an email.. send him an email yesterday but haven't heard back yet.. could be he's kinda busy again

Reason I ask is that I received news from my CA and he gave me the following dates (they're from the BMW dealer information system, he gave me a print screen):

The current status is that the car is at the Oxnard VPC and when I asked my dealer about your situation he couldn't believe it to be true. He said that they would most likely, even with the priority (which I also have on my car), not finish until after this weekend. He also mentioned that the above dates are normally 80%-90% of the cases correct.

The printscreen did mention something about release to Waggoners Trucking but that is a future status, it's not at that status yet.

Sooo yeah, seems I'm going to have to be patient for 3 weeks or so, so sad My CA will let me know this Wednesday late afternoon if there is any more concrete news since I want to know what to do, keep the lease a bit longer, or return it and get a rental or perhaps a loaner (it has been mentioned by him but nothing certain yet).

@MacAttack, if these dates hold true, then I think you'll have your car faster than I will
That's horrible! Do you think the big delay from the VPC to the dealer is due to limited shipping resources on the island? Maybe you could wrestle them into a pickup at the VPC? That would be pretty sweet.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:01 AM   #159
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
That's horrible! Do you think the big delay from the VPC to the dealer is due to limited shipping resources on the island? Maybe you could wrestle them into a pickup at the VPC? That would be pretty sweet.
Yeah I have no idea really why it takes so long. Even if it leaves the VPC on the 28th, it could easily get on the ship of the 1st, arriving in Honolulu the 4th. I really don't see why they have those 8 extra days.

And nah, I doubt it is limited shipping resources. The shipping company (Matson) leaves on average every 3-4 days from LA to Honolulu. Currently the ships are leaving March 24, 28, April 1, 4, 8 etc. and all arriving 4 days later. However, my dealer did mention something about Matson not leaving port until the ship is completely full. Sometimes, according to him, this actually adds days because the company does not want to waste empty space and jacking up prices because of it. It's not fun but it does make sense. However, seeing their schedule, I doubt it happens a lot or else I wouldn't imagine they would make such a schedule.

My wife also said something about that perhaps they add that huge amount on time on purpose, just so people wouldn't get their hopes up too quickly. My dealer will look Wednesday late afternoon what the status is at that point (seeing that it is the 28th then), and then I can decide whether or not I am going to return my car, get a loaner (depending on the dealership's management) or a rental.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #160
najammin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB M3 Coupe

Quote:

that's odd...but nonetheless, i will let you know as soon as my CA updates me...i wonder if the f30 have to go thru a more rigorous quality assurance than the e92 since its new and i bet new firmware updates are being released on the daily?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #161
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
that's odd...but nonetheless, i will let you know as soon as my CA updates me...i wonder if the f30 have to go thru a more rigorous quality assurance than the e92 since its new and i bet new firmware updates are being released on the daily?
Hmm it might be a different process that adds to this but I doubt there is a lot of difference as most of the tests were done in at the plant or so I read. At the other hand, my dealer said there were more 3 cars on the same ship that showed the same data as mine. He didn't specify what kind of cars they were but I can only imagine it was not just the F30

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #162
najammin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hmm it might be a different process that adds to this but I doubt there is a lot of difference as most of the tests were done in at the plant or so I read. At the other hand, my dealer said there were more 3 cars on the same ship that showed the same data as mine. He didn't specify what kind of cars they were but I can only imagine it was not just the F30
guess Waggoners don't deliver on weekends, CA said it's looking like tmrw now.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #163
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
guess Waggoners don't deliver on weekends, CA said it's looking like tmrw now.
That makes sense

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #164
bl@ster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Asked my CA for an update and he said there was a delay at the port releasing the car to the trucking company. So, Monday the 2nd is looking like when it will arrive @ the dealership.

Hope you guys' cars met a better fate.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #165
najammin
Private
Rep

picked up my car today! will need to take better pics tmrw, its pouring over here!! love this car!!!

Last edited by najammin; 03-27-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #166
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
picked up my car today! will need to take better pics tmrw, its pouring over here!! love this car!!!

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...08061957_n.jpg
Looking good!

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #167
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Quote:
That is a really nice color combo. Great looking car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #168
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I just received word from my CA and the official date my car left the VPC was yesterday, so that means no customs that stopped it and no significant damage to the car

The official date that my car should be at the dealership is April 11 but he thinks it will be a couple of days earlier. No guarantees on that, of course, but that makes only sense.

So still a long wait BUT, he was able to make a deal with the manager since I was unsure about what to do with my X5 (keep it, return it and rent a car or whatever) and they told me to go ahead and get my car registered for another year and they will reimburse this amount (about 450 USD). That works nicely for me, I was worried about what to do because I think 450 USD is quite a lot just to drive a car for about a week or so lol.

Ah, and to top it off, my daughter is getting a sweet ride from them as well from the accessory shop (one of those that she can sit in)

It didn't take much to make me happy again I guess haha

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #169
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
I just received word from my CA and the official date my car left the VPC was yesterday, so that means no customs that stopped it and no significant damage to the car

The official date that my car should be at the dealership is April 11 but he thinks it will be a couple of days earlier. No guarantees on that, of course, but that makes only sense.

So still a long wait BUT, he was able to make a deal with the manager since I was unsure about what to do with my X5 (keep it, return it and rent a car or whatever) and they told me to go ahead and get my car registered for another year and they will reimburse this amount (about 450 USD). That works nicely for me, I was worried about what to do because I think 450 USD is quite a lot just to drive a car for about a week or so lol.

Ah, and to top it off, my daughter is getting a sweet ride from them as well from the accessory shop (one of those that she can sit in)

Awesome news Svache. Getting closer and closer!

2016 F80 M3 Alpine White / Sakhir Orange / DCT
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #170
M.Suka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:

Wow thats good service right there.
      03-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #171
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Happy to hear the good news from you SVache!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 02:36 AM   #172
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerffejleahcim View Post
Awesome news Svache. Getting closer and closer!
Yeah the wait is almost to an end

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuka View Post
I agree, I think they did a very nice thing right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Happy to hear the good news from you SVache!
Thanks, and yeah, I'm happy too.. been in a good mood ever since I talked to my CA

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #173
engstrom
Rep
Drives: E89 Deep Sea Blue with Oyster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuka View Post
I agree, I think they did a very nice thing right there
Yep, THAT is why we buy $50+k cars...at least it's a large part of why I do. The customer service I've received from my BMW dealer - from sales to the service department - has been excellent.

Glad to hear things are going well for you svache. Your car is almost here!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #174
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by engstrom View Post
Yep, THAT is why we buy $50+k cars...at least it's a large part of why I do. The customer service I've received from my BMW dealer - from sales to the service department - has been excellent.

Glad to hear things are going well for you svache. Your car is almost here!
Oh I totally hear you there. We once bought a Toyota as second car, and seriously, it was the first and the last time I went with them. You get what you pay for and in their case that was essentially true.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #175
bl@ster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

My car arrived @ the dealership! However, I'm leaving for vacation in Hawaii (Hi Svache!) tomorrow morning so I won't see the 3'er until the 8th! First world problems!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #176
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My car arrived @ the dealership! However, I'm leaving for vacation in Hawaii (Hi Svache!) tomorrow morning so I won't see the 3'er until the 8th! First world problems!
Wtf! That's messed up haha oh well, at least the weather is nice again, we've had some terrible weather a couple of weeks ago

Hey, if you are here this weekend, don't forget to stop by the Convention Center (very close to Waikiki) somewhere Fri-Sun. There's a car show going on, it's not the biggest car show I've been to but it's big enough and the entrance is doable too ($8, or $7 if tickets bought online, or $6 with discounts). You can find more info here: http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/honolulu/

Appreciate 0