F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > A NEW 10.25" Android 7.1, 2GB / 32GB OPTION! CHECK INSIDE!
Extreme Powerhouse

05-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #177
steve498
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Basically, your factory system is seperated from you android based sounds.
So, allthough your sounds from your factory continue when your screen is on the android side, the sound is organised in another way.
Factory sound and navi work together and android sound and navi work together. mixing these wont work.
I would suggest considering DAB from android as well.
I cant say anything on the quality but the navigation from Waze or Google Maps is WAY better than factory. Also speed cams, local traffic, streetnames are all up to date and available on android navigation and my BMW navigation maps are always outdated (and without speedcams etc).
its also very nice to input a destination based on the name and search for it.
ps: I bought a DAB receiver ofwhich Im 99% sure its compatible for 27 USD incl shipping at Aliexpress.
just need to find splitters for both GPS and DAB....

@losdamianos Indeed, I think its a great deal if we could get the 10 people together (pref 12 or more off course)...
Ah okay sounds good. I think all I'll need then is a dab splitter, gps splitter and reverse camera. Surely it'll split the dab signal and android can re-use the bmw's one rather than buying a separate dab receiver. Thanks for the information. If a group buys happens I'm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by losdamianos View Post
Yeah Im going to stick with factory dab I do like switching between radios with steering wheel control.
Instead of DVBT tuner just install mobdro apk and use hotspot from your mobile phone
@Druw I just got the same reply from louie 355+55 = 410 USD, not bad for the unit that has twice the memory of AVIN one
Thanks I downloaded it. Works great I never knew about it!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:28 AM   #178
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve498 View Post
Ah okay sounds good. I think all I'll need then is a dab splitter, gps splitter and reverse camera. Surely it'll split the dab signal and android can re-use the bmw's one rather than buying a separate dab receiver. Thanks for the information. If a group buys happens I'm down
Splitting the DAB signal wont work... you need the actual tuner (which is the USB plug and our factory systym has it within the unit).
Normally these are sold with an antenna but thats the part Im going to split sinc I dont want another losse thing in my window.
Factory radio has 2 antennas (and therefore 2 plugs in the radio) for the 2 DAB bands (L-band and III-band) but I found that in The Netherlands, they only use the III band so I will split that specific signal.
Its a test and really dont know if it will work but I cant find a reason why it shouldnt....

Ok, the following responses I got from Louie the last hour (emailing back and forth).

Per 10 units:
Unit price 355 USD,
Shipping per unit is 50-55 USD depending on location,
DAB module USD 45
External microphone USD 5
Reverse cam USD 40
DVR USD 50

Lets make a list who wants what shall we (including options)?

DRuw : Unit, Mic, shipping to The Netherlands, total 415 USD
wacky007 : Unit, Mic, DAB+, reverse camera, shipping to Germany, total 500 USD
Thirdy : Unit, shipping to Taxas US total 410USD
iwantaw335 : Unit, DAB, shipping to LBC total 455USD
steve498 : Unit, reverse camera, shipping to UK 450USD

Again, you guys should know that I have nothing to gain from this group guy except for the same unit at the same prices you are getting it and I am simply taking the communication that others started and continueing with it. I am just the messenger and issues with the unit or the shipment in any way need to be adressed to the seller.
Im just here for the ride

Last edited by DRuw; 05-18-2018 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: updated
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #179
steve498
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Splitting the DAB signal wont work... you need the actual tuner (which is the USB plug and our factory systym has it within the unit).
Normally these are sold with an antenna but thats the part Im going to split sinc I dont want another losse thing in my window.
Factory radio has 2 antennas (and therefore 2 plugs in the radio) for the 2 DAB bands (L-band and III-band) but I found that in The Netherlands, they only use the III band so I will split that specific signal.
Its a test and really dont know if it will work but I cant find a reason why it shouldnt....

Ok, the following responses I got from Louie the last hour (emailing back and forth).

Per 10 units:
Unit price 355 USD,
Shipping per unit is 50-55 USD depending on location,
DAB module USD 45
External microphone USD 5
Reverse cam USD 40
DVR USD 50

Lets make a list who wants what shall we (including options)?

DRuw: Unit, Mic, shipping to The Netherlands, total 415 USD
Louie wrote to me that for an F30 the reverse camera is USD 15. I have it in an e-mail? Was quoted individual (without group) with shipping is 485 USD or 500 via paypal.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #180
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Louie wrote to me that for an F30 the reverse camera is USD 15. I have it in an e-mail? Was quoted individual (without group) with shipping is 485 USD or 500 via paypal.
I know:
Hi ,

The rear camera USD15 is normal one, if you need special one for F30 , The price is USD40.

Thanks

Louie

I will ask what the difference is.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #181
steve498
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I know:
Hi ,

The rear camera USD15 is normal one, if you need special one for F30 , The price is USD40.

Thanks

Louie

I will ask what the difference is.
Oh okay thanks he did not mention there was a special one for the F30. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #182
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

DeeKay
rezadue
tpliquid
CleanKM
ParaWM
iwantaw335
hefflm@gmail.com
bheng89
BUFFLARS12
Sambooka
minigp
vanillahunter
wibbles
Drastaa
wacky007
losdamianos
Meat_Popsicle
MrChang
Thirdy
Dc444

Justs scrolling true the topic and checking if people are (still) in, please post your thoughts

Supernova66 I dont know if you have the time but can you update the topic start with a list perhaps or indicate that the list in post http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=178 will be updated accordingly or something?
please let me know if if you guys.... dont want to do that, just trying to get a good deel for all of us...

ps: I dont know if this works with the DRuw in the tekst... hope they all get a message in the inbox
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #183
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

I don't have NAV, but I have bluetooth and Rear view camera.
What would I need to be able to use the new screen, NAV and get audio at the same time?
Also it would be nice to be able to add a front view camera and toggle between the rear and front camera. Who else on that list is from SoCal? Maybe add location next to the name of the person?
      05-17-2018, 09:50 AM   #184
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ohh btw, my OEM bluetooth is superb. Id hate to loose it.
      05-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #185
wacky007
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 320i

Quote:

Justs scrolling true the topic and checking if people are (still) in, please post your thoughts

Supernova66 I dont know if you have the time but can you update the topic start with a list perhaps or indicate that the list in post http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=178 will be updated accordingly or something?
please let me know if if you guys.... dont want to do that, just trying to get a good deel for all of us...

ps: I dont know if this works with the DRuw in the tekst... hope they all get a message in the inbox
Count me in for group buy.

options: DAB+, reverse camera, ext. mic.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #186
ParaWM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F32 428i 2014

Yea, also still interested. Going to read up a bit more to be sure. Why would I want an external mic?
      05-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #187
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaw335 View Post
I don't have NAV, but I have bluetooth and Rear view camera.
What would I need to be able to use the new screen, NAV and get audio at the same time?
Also it would be nice to be able to add a front view camera and toggle between the rear and front camera. Who else on that list is from SoCal? Maybe add location next to the name of the person?
It simply replaces the original screen on your dash so for the screen to run there is not much else to get.
If you play audio over your SD card, spotify or any other thing that is on the android side, you are done.
If you listen to CDs or (DAB) radio, you need the (DAB) radio module for the radio and CDs need to be made digital or an USB cd player should be installed if im not mistaken in order to get it on the android side.
You bluetooth module of the car keeps working as it should (indeed perfectly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaWM View Post
Yea, also still interested. Going to read up a bit more to be sure. Why would I want an external mic?
Its 5USD and I would like to have the option of putting the mic near ME instead of between me and my girlfriend... for obvious reasons...
I saw that there was an built-in mic but I dont know where it is and if its any good so since its 5USD...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 03:03 PM   #188
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
DeeKay
rezadue
tpliquid
CleanKM
ParaWM
iwantaw335
hefflm@gmail.com
bheng89
BUFFLARS12
Sambooka
minigp
vanillahunter
wibbles
Drastaa
wacky007
losdamianos
Meat_Popsicle
MrChang
Thirdy
Dc444

Supernova66 I dont know if you have the time but can you update the topic start with a list perhaps or indicate that the list in post http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...;postcount=178 will be updated accordingly or something?

Sorry I haven't been following the thread for a while, but I'm still with the small screen and "Integrated Navigation " is still interested
      05-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #189
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
Sorry I haven't been following the thread for a while, but I'm still with the small screen and "Integrated Navigation " is still interested
So do you want one as well?
Let us know
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #190
steve498
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Let us know
In regards to me on the list, it's shipping to the united kingdom and assuming it'll fit an F30 without cutting the dash? Also does it come with a gps antenna? Forgot to ask Louie and wondered if you knew. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #191
Thirdy
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 Estroril Blue M-Sport

I want to pay thru paypal. Will that be a problem? I am interested. Will order just the head unit and included accessories. I will not order extra accessories.

428i 02/2014
HU_Entry - no Navigation 6/5" screen
Texas US

Last edited by Thirdy; 05-17-2018 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 05:21 PM   #192
tpliquid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31 330i wagon

count me out. I decided on OEM 8.8 upgrade for my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #193
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Put me in for the dab radio module. Gotta have that. And if we need gps antenna then put me down for that too..

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 08:51 PM   #194
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
In regards to me on the list, it's shipping to the united kingdom and assuming it'll fit an F30 without cutting the dash? Also does it come with a gps antenna? Forgot to ask Louie and wondered if you knew. Cheers
Fits without cutting and does come with gps antenna
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #195
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Let us know
Glad you could take this over for all our friends in Europe!

As the proverbial guinea pig.. I am very happy with this unit!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 01:34 AM   #196
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Updated the post http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...&postcount=178

We just need a couple of others to get this organized!
Thirdy I believe we get a link via Alibaba and that uses credit card and bank transfer.
Dont know what other options are but I heard others have used Paypal.
For specifics, please contact Louie for this...

as for the camera, the following is the difference:
Normal:

F30 (in the grip):
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 02:58 AM   #197
losdamianos
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2015

Supernova66 Could you take a screenshot of reverse screen please is it the same as AVIN one ? sensors on the right and camera view in the centre ?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 03:01 AM   #198
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by losdamianos View Post
Supernova66 Could you take a screenshot of reverse screen please is it the same as AVIN one ? sensors on the right and camera view in the centre ?
Must be, its the factory screen that is visible and thats the layout of the factory
Appreciate 0