F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Following the 'Turtles' (Tortugas)
GetBMWParts

03-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #177
bl@ster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Wtf! That's messed up haha oh well, at least the weather is nice again, we've had some terrible weather a couple of weeks ago

Hey, if you are here this weekend, don't forget to stop by the Convention Center (very close to Waikiki) somewhere Fri-Sun. There's a car show going on, it's not the biggest car show I've been to but it's big enough and the entrance is doable too ($8, or $7 if tickets bought online, or $6 with discounts). You can find more info here: http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/honolulu/
Svachey, thanks for the tip but I'll be on the Big Island the whole week. Any tips on what to do or good beaches?

Can't believe the timing on this though! Should have known.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #178
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
Svachey, thanks for the tip but I'll be on the Big Island the whole week. Any tips on what to do or good beaches?

Can't believe the timing on this though! Should have known.
Big Island?

Better bring a snowboard...

Here's some more pix http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/slideshow?widgetid=46374 hehe

Nah, kidding though, I think most of the snow is gone by now. I actually have not much advice that I can give you for Big Island. I only been there once in 2007, and that was only a single day Thing is, I'm a city person and need stuff to do and nearby or I go bored. Plus there are quiet beaches on Oahu as well (some don't believe it, but they're here, you just need to know where to look ) and I rather stay here in those cases. The only other island I frequently go to is Maui, that's 'doable' enough for me as in not getting bored too fast

Only thing I can really recommend is to see if you can visit the volcano someday. Again, I haven't been there but I hear good stories from that

This might also help in planning things: http://hawaiianairlines.homeandabroa...ian/landing.ha

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #179
najammin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB M3 Coupe

That's great, always nice when CAs give nice perks!!! Here come the longest 11 days of your life =)

Quote:
I just received word from my CA and the official date my car left the VPC was yesterday, so that means no customs that stopped it and no significant damage to the car

The official date that my car should be at the dealership is April 11 but he thinks it will be a couple of days earlier. No guarantees on that, of course, but that makes only sense.

So still a long wait BUT, he was able to make a deal with the manager since I was unsure about what to do with my X5 (keep it, return it and rent a car or whatever) and they told me to go ahead and get my car registered for another year and they will reimburse this amount (about 450 USD). That works nicely for me, I was worried about what to do because I think 450 USD is quite a lot just to drive a car for about a week or so lol.

Ah, and to top it off, my daughter is getting a sweet ride from them as well from the accessory shop (one of those that she can sit in)

It didn't take much to make me happy again I guess haha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #180
najammin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB M3 Coupe

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am loving the color combo and am getting the "Wow, that's a crazy cool combo" feedback from everyone. I cannot believe how amazing BMWs drive. Coming from a G35, I really didn't expect BMW to be any better since it is a comparable car, but in reality it is a apples to oranges comparison. =D
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #181
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
A little update from my side... I just received an email from my CA and he told me that the car is currently on board the ship the 'Mokihana' and is scheduled to arrive in Honolulu on April 4. Of course it will take a couple of days before I can take delivery, but so far we're a week ahead of the earlier schedule

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #182
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
A little update from my side... I just received an email from my CA and he told me that the car is currently on board the ship the 'Mokihana' and is scheduled to arrive in Honolulu on April 4. Of course it will take a couple of days before I can take delivery, but so far we're a week ahead of the earlier schedule
Big news Svache! Post pics immediately ok? Hehe

2016 F80 M3 Alpine White / Sakhir Orange / DCT
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #183
engstrom
Rep
Drives: E89 Deep Sea Blue with Oyster

Quote:
Congrats - ya know, the 4th is only two days away.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #184
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerffejleahcim View Post
Big news Svache! Post pics immediately ok? Hehe
lmao no worries, I will as soon as I have it =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by engstrom View Post
Congrats - ya know, the 4th is only two days away.
So true, it's so close now. On the tracking site (sadly enough not on marinetracking but on the shipper's site) it shows as it being halfway here. Just add a few days for me to be able to take delivery (sure, I wish it could be the same day but that's not going to happen, especially not since I'm getting it tinted before delivery) so I'm guessing near or in the weekend

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #185
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep

I was there two days ago to get some paperwork done. I saw a family taking delivery on a red 335i. I was drooling and wishing i was doing the same thing. Haha. Oh well.. A few more weeks.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #186
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerffejleahcim View Post
I was there two days ago to get some paperwork done. I saw a family taking delivery on a red 335i. I was drooling and wishing i was doing the same thing. Haha. Oh well.. A few more weeks.
lol I had the same thing last Friday morning, well, I didn't see people actually take delivery but there was a white F30 standing ready for people to take delivery.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #187
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
btw, I'm not going to create another tracking topic (LOL), anyone curious where the ship is can simply click here: http://matson.com/gps/applet.html?v=MAT00012

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #188
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing a new thread soon along the lines of "svache picking her up"!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #189
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

Quote:
Whew... finally! Good news.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #190
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Look what has arrived in town today...

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #191
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:

Boohyah - won't be long now svachey!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #192
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
Boohyah - won't be long now svachey!!!
Yeah, can't wait

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #193
engstrom
Rep
Drives: E89 Deep Sea Blue with Oyster

Quote:
Yeah, can't wait
Congrats! Please remember to take lots of pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #194
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #195
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep

Woohooo!

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 03:38 AM   #196
bl@ster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Congrats Svachey.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #197
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hehe thanks guys but I don't have it just yet

I wont know until tomorrow, April 6, when I can take delivery of my new car

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #198
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Another little update: my CA just called and apparently the shipping company will not release any vehicles until Monday, then whoever is unloaded first will be first to arrive at the dealerships, this could also be Tuesday evening. It is expected that my car will be up for delivery either Tuesday or Wednesday as they only need 1 day or night (depending on arrival) turn around (yay for a 24 hour service department ). It's ok, I've been sick for most of the week now so I was not really in the mood to pick up the car now anyways =)

Appreciate 0