F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > [Guidance]How to remove Whisker and Foglight cover from luxury line
Extreme Powerhouse

07-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
miretni
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 28i

[Guidance]How to remove Whisker and Foglight cover from luxury line

Hi, Guys

Few days ago, my sport line whiskers and fog light covers were arrived, and I couldn't found any guidance that explain with pictures on this forum. I decided to do this on my own, and finally, I made it!

Now, I will show you guys some pictures about how to remove the whiskers and covers...
refer to F555 thread: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779373
Chrome trim needs to be remove first then the cover.
It is better to remove the chrome strip first, after u do that, u will see the clips location (pic 1), I labeled all the clips out.

Step 1
Quote:
Clips on the chrome strip (pic 1): start from the clip 1, pull it out, once u pull out clip 1, the rest of the clips is easy, just pull.
Step 2
Quote:
Clips on the Chrome trim(pic 1 or pic 2): here is the hardest part, clip 2 and clip 3 are pretty inflexible, pull it slowly and fluctuate. it needs your force to do this, if u cant, find someone help or some solid and thin tools that can hold up the clip. I know it is hard, try your best, u will figure that out
Step 3
Quote:
Clips on the black panel(pic 3): very simple, clips are pretty pretty soft, no need to wrong about will break them, whatever start from which clips, just pull them.
Now, you done the removal!

Last, Sorry for my bad English....thx!
Attached Images

Last edited by miretni; 03-24-2014 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
miretni
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

My 328i with sport line trim
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
killakam6687
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive (Canada)

Hey, where did you order the parts from?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
miretni
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakam6687 View Post
Hey, where did you order the parts from?
From http://faulknerbmwpartssource.com
but they have sloooooowly shipping, I got my parts 10 days later after my order(ship to Toronto, Canada)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #5
DWCP
Rep
Drives: 320i Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by miretni View Post
Hi, Guys

Few days ago, my sport line whiskers and fog light covers were arrived, and I couldn't found any guidance that with picture tutorial on the forum. I decided to discovered it by myself, and finally, I made it!

Now, I will show you guys some pictures about how to remove the whiskers and covers...

Step 1. It is better to remove the chrome surface first, after do that, you will see where the clips are exactly located at (pic 1), start from the clip 1 on chrome trim surface, pull it slowly and take turns to clip 2-4. very easy to remove.

Step 2. After step 1, we will see 5 clips are holding the trim (pic 2), start pulling from clip 1, need some force with fluctuating, slowly, you can pull it out easily. Right now, you might stuck by clip 2, just focus your fingers and your force on the left side of clip 2, then, pull it but not so rush!!! Don't worry, you won't break the clip if you are doing on this way. After clip 2, do the same thing to 3, 4, 5....

Step 3. Pull the cover from clip 1 to 2 to 1, or 2 to 1 to 2 (Pic 3), simple simple. Clips are very soft, nothing needs to be worry about.

Last, Sorry for my bad grammar....thx!
Hi Miretni,

Good stuff! Do you have any pictures of your car after removing the chrome trim, but before removal of fog cover? Tks
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
F555
Captain
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 - 335i

very well explain

My Thread have no details explanation as I did it by try & error
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #7
FanboyBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328xi

I am sorry but I don't understand your English OP... Please explain better because i am trying to remove the chrome whiskers too and the explanation you gave is terrible..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
FreddyG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Luxury Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miretni View Post
Hi, Guys

Few days ago, my sport line whiskers and fog light covers were arrived, and I couldn't found any guidance that explain with pictures on this forum. I decided to do this on my own, and finally, I made it!

It is better to remove the chrome strip first, after u do that, u will see the clips location (pic 1), I labeled all the clips out.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Last, Sorry for my bad English....thx!
Thanks for the explanation! It helps quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanboyBMW View Post
I am sorry but I don't understand your English OP... Please explain better because i am trying to remove the chrome whiskers too and the explanation you gave is terrible..
If you look at his pictures, pull in the order of the numbers. One is where you'd pull first and so on. It's also been stated to not be afraid to put a bit of required force to get the pieces off.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0