F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Another 328i ordered!
ARMA SPEED

03-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #23
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuyadeen
Wow how beautiful great combos. Great scenery!!
Thank you! The scenery is pretty great - it looks like the country but we're just outside DC. Best of both worlds!
      03-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30
Beautiful !!! I am so jealous of all you guys getting your car already !! Please share the Joy !! share more pics when you get the chance! i cannot get tired looking at the F30
Thank you kindly! I'll post more pics and driving impressions this weekend. It's going to rain tomorrow so it won't be conducive to photo taking, but expect more soon. Just got back from dinner out with the wife and I have to say I LOVE the way the F30 drives! My wife greatly prefers it to the e90 ( mostly because the shifts are smoother than my crazy manual driving), but the interior is also very upscale. You all will love yours for sure!
      03-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

This matches my color choices.

Please post good quality pics of the interior.
Would love to see what the Everest Gray really looks like.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
This matches my color choices.

Please post good quality pics of the interior.
Would love to see what the Everest Gray really looks like.
These interior pics may be a little washed out, but it has been difficult to get the right lighting to really give an accurate depiction of the everest grey. I took a few in the garage (which turned out even worse), so this is about as good as I can manage for now. Rest assured it does not resemble the oyster at all and is a nice contrast against the black and anthracite interior colors.

I have to say, this car is absolutely AMAZING! We took a trip to Manassas today and I left it in comfort mode just to try it out. The throttle response is strong and the shifts are smooth and frequent to keep you in the power band. I would almost have been content with that after driving for 30 miles or so in comfort mode until, that is, I put it into sport +. OMG - this thing has so much immediate pull and perfect shifts, I can't say enough good things. It's been very difficult keeping it within the break in parameters, but even with moderate throttle tip in this thing is a beast. Every bit of the advertised torque is readily available - fantastic!

After about 135 miles of city driving the brakes are bedding in very well. I too was concerned initially because they are a bit soft for the first day or two, but they are really getting bedded in well and have every bit of the grip the e90 had. The travel is not excessive by any means either.

Simply put, I can't praise this car enough. It is an absolute feat of engineering and sheer pleasure to drive. For those of you still waiting, believe me it's worth every agonizing moment when you finally get to drive this gem!
Attached Images

03-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Thanks, gotta live vicariously through owners reports until my May ED and this is this is the first Imperial Blue Sport + Everest I have seen pics of. It does look awesome - that blue really sparkles in the sun.

Did you get 2VF - adaptive suspension? If so, any reports on that?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew
Thanks, gotta live vicariously through owners reports until my May ED and this is this is the first Imperial Blue Sport + Everest I have seen pics of. It does look awesome - that blue really sparkles in the sun.

Did you get 2VF - adaptive suspension? If so, any reports on that?
Thank you much! I got the passive suspension and so far I'm pleased with it. I never tested the adaptive suspension so I have no basis for comparison, but the passive is at least as capable as the e90 sport suspension IMO with a lot more comfort over rough roads to boot.
      03-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #29
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tiberius View Post
Thank you much! I got the passive suspension and so far I'm pleased with it. I never tested the adaptive suspension so I have no basis for comparison, but the passive is at least as capable as the e90 sport suspension IMO with a lot more comfort over rough roads to boot.
Yeah, I am still 2nd guessing 2VF. Sometime I feel like it would be better that always have the sport suspension. But, would be nice to have a more relaxed suspension setting to go along with the different steering feel in COMFORT depending on who is in the car with me.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #30
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

I love the grey leather with the blue exterior. That contrasts very nicely. Beautiful order man.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #31
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBimmerKid
I love the grey leather with the blue exterior. That contrasts very nicely. Beautiful order man.
Thank you kindly, sir. I love this car!!
      03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #32
328i4me
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

congrats on the new car! love the grey leather!!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Quote:
Thank you kindly, sir. I love this car!!
Waiting on mine to hop on the boat. Watching you all get yours is holding off the madness for me haha

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:37 PM   #34
Wheresyourball
Rep
Drives: 2012 EB 335i M-sport

Beauty!

I ordered almost the same vehicle - would you mind posting more photos, especially of the interior/leather? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #35
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Love this colour. It's a great looking car. Would certainly welcome more pics!

Hopefully you've had a chance to really open the taps now that the run-in period is (presumably) over?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #36
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Are those the 18" rims?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #37
pcbrew
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Are those the 18" rims?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Nice! if I ordered imperial blue this would have been my combo, it looks great! The only thing that pisses me off is you are stuck with the red stitching on your steering wheel. Probably not too big of a deal though when u see the overall package. Congrats!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #39
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhogan4 View Post
I ordered almost the same vehicle - would you mind posting more photos, especially of the interior/leather? Thank you!
I should have added some more photos after I got the windows tinted, but I've been holding off until I get the H&R springs installed. Kind of a package deal to make the "reveal" more interesting.
      04-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Love this colour. It's a great looking car. Would certainly welcome more pics!

Hopefully you've had a chance to really open the taps now that the run-in period is (presumably) over?
I'm still under 1000 miles so I haven't taken it over 4500 rpms just yet. I have been getting gradually more aggressive with throttle input and such over the last week though and it is AWESOME. Putting the transmission into sport is absolutely brilliant - the shifts are quite similar to a DCT in terms of speed and precision. I can't sing enough praises about the F30 in that regard. You would never know this was a 4 cylinder from behind the wheel (other than the "soundtrack", of course). Once I get the sport springs put on and the tires switched out for Contis (once they are no longer back-ordered), I expect I will be thoroughly satisfied. To be honest, the steering in sport mode is quite good once you've gotten the feel for it. It is precise and direct, even if it doesn't seem to be as telepathic as the e90. Frankly, with the lousy condition of roads here I'm not complaining that the wheel isn't being snapped out of my hands every time the pavement dips, as it did in my last 328i.
      04-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

how does the imperial blue look with the black mirrors? Hard to tell from the pics. I love the blue, but worry about it clashing with the black highlights..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #42
Eric500
um...
Rep
Drives: LC500

Thanks for the recommendation with Molly, many many months ago, I will definitely email her when I am ready to order mine (want xDrive haha)

Your car looks amazing in blue! I might switch from Mineral Grey!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #43
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
I'm still under 1000 miles so I haven't taken it over 4500 rpms just yet. I have been getting gradually more aggressive with throttle input and such over the last week though and it is AWESOME.
Cool. I think it's time to punch it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #44
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

I'm jealous!! Hi all, just registered, and just ordered mine - sport line, mineral grey w/ black interior. I should get my production number tomorrow. I love my dealer, I got it for $400 over invoice! (and no, I'm not family!)
Appreciate 0