F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 335 xdrive Tuning Tech FS (TTFS) tune review
Extreme Powerhouse

10-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #67
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F30 335 2014 Xdrive

My coach used to always say: Don't speak about your results...let the results speak about yourself.

I really can't wait for them to mount the ps2 and get the results from that. It's gonna be quite the show when they break into the 140s lol

What would you possibly say then? NOS....maybe an engine swap

I don't even understand why TTFS will share some of his knowledge here .... they shouldn't give you ANY and I mean ANY explanation after the insults and accusations from forum members here. If people asked normally ...I would understand...but not this way.
All they have to do is just post a time slip from their car. When the PS2 gets installed ...just post a time slip with that too....and let the show begin. Anyone not believing ...just go to their shop...they have the M2 most of the time there and see for yourself ...and problem solved...but don't ASSume.

Anyway, wish you guys/girls a great day
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #68
Whistlefist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Msport

People seem to be forgetting this was a roll race. I'm not going to take sides on this sh!t show, but it looks like you started out at around 40 MPH. So, 40-130 in 11.8 seconds is a bit more believable. 450 WHP dynojet cars go 60-130 in LOW 10s. I would say that on a regular dynojet, not whatever weird thing they are using, it would be around 385 WHP stock turbo.

Here is a thread on the 350z forums where someone ran his car on a Dynocom (ttfs uses), a mustang and a dynojet. Look at those numbers!

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/4055...s-dynojet.html
Appreciate 2
Jadar1752.50
FSociety3812.50
      10-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #69
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
So I guess you are the "trusted" source then. Funny how when you were taking to us in person you had nothing skeptical to say but you wait until you get home behind your keyboard to call BS?

So if you dug a little deeper and actually read my thread you linked you would see that my 335i is bone stock. It was tuned in March of 2016. The thread wasn't created in real time. So yea we have some differences, comparing a bone stock 335i that was tuned almost 2 years ago to a modified M2 shop car that's constantly being tested and tweaked. If you read the thread you would also see that I got the car for my wife and just wanted a little bump in power for her since it's her daily. That's cute my wife has the same car as you, I should of brought it so I my wife's stock car could put better times than your modified car

If you want to go fast just have Frank tune you instead of making false assumptions here. Then you can join this team of supporters they have as you like to say. My wife's car is not the one in question here. It's the TTFS shop M2. It was challenged to this event and they brought it. Not just did they bring it, they delivered. You were there to see it and the entire crew you came with. Not just were you there for anyone that wasn't they posted their slip, videos on Instagram, and shared more information then they should have. Seriously if you want to go fast contact Frank and he will make you a believer.
That's the thing. You're on the forums where people are looking to get the best possible. Suddenly TTFS show up with these charts and numbers out of nowhere claiming "hey we got this out of stock turbo" where noone has done before due to HARDWARE limitations. Every graph known to man for the N55 see power drop after 5-5.5k with stock turbo. They then proceeded on installing a 5k S55 fuel system with no information whatsoever on how they would operate the second HPFP.

You see, it wouldn't have been a problem if they provided proof and information about what they did and how they did it. But the fact they just came in and said "here's a dyno, we have a stock turbo and m4 hpfp" and then that's it?

Why isn't TTFS sharing their knowledge like the rest of the people are? There's a reason why Pureturbos and BM3 and JB4 were so popular. They post actual results, and records are broken with proof on how the cars were built, what it put down, what fuel the car was running, what modifications, temperature, tires, etc...

See where I'm going with this? Why are they here on the forums if they don't have to share information? I thought the whole point of forums was to SHARE information.

So don't start going nuts if you can't handle people calling them out, we just find the results very suspicious.
SeanWRT3179.00
FSociety3812.50
      10-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #70
KhanArt
Clean & Simple
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, E46 M3

You want them to share how they installed/got the fuel system to work? They pretty much shared everything else and Frank himself went into a lot of detail on tuning earlier in the thread.

I don't know maybe they want to keep a competitive advantage, or possibly offer this as a service? I am all for sharing but if you were the first to make a breakthrough on something in a very competitive industry wouldn't you want to keep the finer details to yourself?

Frank is no stranger to being told "you can't do that" or "that is impossible" or "your full of shit". Everyone is a nonbeliever or skeptic until they aren't. I know Frank personally and he is not about the money. This is a side hobby and not his job. So by all means if people don't think this is legit it makes no difference to him.
Stanio67.00
      10-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #71
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
So I guess you are the "trusted" source then. Funny how when you were taking to us in person you had nothing skeptical to say but you wait until you get home behind your keyboard to call BS?

So if you dug a little deeper and actually read my thread you linked you would see that my 335i is bone stock. It was tuned in March of 2016. The thread wasn't created in real time. So yea we have some differences, comparing a bone stock 335i that was tuned almost 2 years ago to a modified M2 shop car that's constantly being tested and tweaked. If you read the thread you would also see that I got the car for my wife and just wanted a little bump in power for her since it's her daily. That's cute my wife has the same car as you, I should of brought it so I my wife's stock car could put better times than your modified car

If you want to go fast just have Frank tune you instead of making false assumptions here. Then you can join this team of supporters they have as you like to say. My wife's car is not the one in question here. It's the TTFS shop M2. It was challenged to this event and they brought it. Not just did they bring it, they delivered. You were there to see it and the entire crew you came with. Not just were you there for anyone that wasn't they posted their slip, videos on Instagram, and shared more information then they should have. Seriously if you want to go fast contact Frank and he will make you a believer.
I was in a group of 10+ BMWs, mostly n55 and f80s and for most of the day we were parked directly in front of your group. I was behind the m2 in the staging lanes twice and I was outside my car or sitting in my car with the windows down. Guess what, not once did any of you guys come up to me or our group. I even walked up to your car with Frank sitting in the car during my first run and no one acknowledged me when I asked about it... and just FYI i just wanted to bullshit and was being friendly with another n55/bmw enthusiast... what was with the hostility with your whole group?

Later in the day, I actually did walk up to the black M2 car and was talking with the owner... again I approached you guys. Later in the day, we spoke again. The conversation basically started with "this is what we did, xyz..... etc."... clarified it was stock turbo and the whole conversation was about them defending the car and how it makes 21 psi of boost, etc. without me even asking about it. No offense, but talking about how fast your car is and how big your peen is is not something I really give a shit about (with all due respect i understand why you were defending the car, but it was the groups attitude towards the whole thing- very childish.) When I asked about fueling, magically they speak about this m4 fuel system swap and the fact that they are running race gas mixture... which again isn't a big deal to me just should have been up front about it. I then ask about how they are able to run 21 psi of boost on the stock sensor... again something that was never mentioned earlier... magically they say they are running a 3.5 tmap sensor or n20 sensor to accommodate. Again, not a huge deal, but don't state an M2 running stock turbo with 21 PSI on 93oct with Just down pipe. It just gets more and more skeptical from there. How is a stock turbo m2 making peak power at 7k rpm? Why is the torque curve so flat with no "spikes" at 3k-4k rpm. Lastly if you are making 21psi in the midrange, why can't you even hit 400lbs/torque on your dyno sheet? I can post a PS2 car on pump gas and the dyno curve/sheets look identical to your sheets. So do we have a right to be a little suspect and ask questions? Not too ridiculous. And shit man, if they really cracked these issues out sign me up!! LOL

Wether or not I'm the "trusted member"..... as I just stated above, I was there in person.... so this is actually my words speaking....when I asked is it a stock turbo with stock fuel system, took a few seconds and a few stuttering words later to say yes it is.... and then shortly there after I was told it was not a stock fuel system. So bullshiting is bullshiting. Hard to take someones word for it after they bullshit half their setup to you. Also, how can you tell their is a turbo upgrade on the car? PS2 looks like stock from the outside? What should I pop the intake off and try and scoop the turbine wheel out with a light?

Lastly - I asked for some logs of the M2 that ran 131 mph earlier. That was skipped over and ignored.

For the record - two of my friends with PS2 did the event last year. One was a 435xi and the other was an x1. X1 had some tranny issues holding the power and was doing upper 120s. the 435xi was trapping ~130 give or take IIRC. Their M2 stock turbo is a unicorn for sure.

335i M Sport 6MT || PS2 Turbo, FBO, XDI-35 HPFP, BM3, KW, MP BBK, OEM+
INSTAGRAM || BUILD THREAD

Last edited by F30_SixSpeed; 10-04-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 2
lens2069.50
FSociety3812.50
      10-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #72
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
Quote:

I was in a group of 10+ BMWs, mostly n55 and f80s and for most of the day we were parked directly in front of your group. I was behind the m2 in the staging lanes twice and I was outside my car or sitting in my car with the windows down. Guess what, not once did any of you guys come up to me or our group. I even walked up to your car with Frank sitting in the car during my first run and no one acknowledged me when I asked about it... and just FYI i just wanted to bullshit and was being friendly with another n55/bmw enthusiast... what was with the hostility with your whole group?

Later in the day, I actually did walk up to the black M2 car and was talking with the owner... again I approached you guys. Later in the day, we spoke again. The conversation basically started with "this is what we did, xyz..... etc."... clarified it was stock turbo and the whole conversation was about them defending the car and how it makes 21 psi of boost, etc. without me even asking about it. No offense, but talking about how fast your car is and how big your peen is is not something I really give a shit about (with all due respect i understand why you were defending the car, but it was the groups attitude towards the whole thing- very childish.) When I asked about fueling, magically they speak about this m4 fuel system swap and the fact that they are running race gas mixture... which again isn't a big deal to me just should have been up front about it. I then ask about how they are able to run 21 psi of boost on the stock sensor... again something that was never mentioned earlier... magically they say they are running a 3.5 tmap sensor or n20 sensor to accommodate. Again, not a huge deal, but don't state an M2 running stock turbo with 21 PSI on 93oct with Just down pipe. It just gets more and more skeptical from there. How is a stock turbo m2 making peak power at 7k rpm? Why is the torque curve so flat with no "spikes" at 3k-4k rpm. Lastly if you are making 21psi in the midrange, why can't you even hit 400lbs/torque on your dyno sheet? I can post a PS2 car on pump gas and the dyno curve/sheets look identical to your sheets. So do we have a right to be a little suspect and ask questions? Not too ridiculous. And shit man, if they really cracked these issues out sign me up!! LOL

Wether or not I'm the "trusted member"..... as I just stated above, I was there in person.... so this is actually my words speaking....when I asked is it a stock turbo with stock fuel system, took a few seconds and a few stuttering words later to say yes it is.... and then shortly there after I was told it was not a stock fuel system. So bullshiting is bullshiting. Hard to take someones word for it after they bullshit half their setup to you. Also, how can you tell their is a turbo upgrade on the car? PS2 looks like stock from the outside? What should I pop the intake off and try and scoop the turbine wheel out with a light?

Lastly - I asked for some logs of the M2 that ran 131 mph earlier. That was skipped over and ignored.

For the record - two of my friends with PS2 did the event last year. One was a 435xi and the other was an x1. X1 had some tranny issues holding the power and was doing upper 120s. the 435xi was trapping ~130 give or take IIRC. Their M2 stock turbo is a unicorn for sure.
So the trusted member is you?

I did do some digging and reading and talking to a few folks,
N20 t map written to the n55 ecu is possible so that?s confirmed.

What was the staring mph of the runs?

Dunno man but if this is legit like you also mention I?ll come on for a map especially with a ps1 bolted to my car.
      10-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #73
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

We?re no strangers to s55 dual pump retrofit. Installation is no problem, but you need to figure out how to make DME work with them, which is a big issue.
Attached Images

10-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #74
TuningTech FS
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Mercedes, & Porsche

SeanWRTWell sound like there is more R&D ahead of you, after all it was impossible to even fit it until last week glad to see others are doing it. I know you are a mobile tuner out of China, but who do you mean by 'We' ?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 01:27 AM   #75
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep

So I decided to go to the drag strip today after a lot of hesitation. I went over some uneven asphalt layer... apparently the most of the pavement was taken out apart from one section that was not marked and was sticking out...well I was doing around 50 mph at night....it was not a pleasant experience but it's going to be an expensive one for sure. When I turn at low speeds sometimes the steering wheel gets to a point where you have to force it in order to go further in the turn....no clue what it is but it's not good. Hence why I was so hesitant...plus I have more steering wheel vibration than before.

There is not much life left on my tires and I managed to get only two runs ...The second one was shit... actually ...more than shit. However my First one was at 12.150 @ 111 mph. The mph is kind of low and I have an idea why but I have to experiment more and see. I wish I had more time to play around but for a first run at 12.150 ...it's not bad at all plus I am FAR from a good driver. I think I can get a higher trap speed with no issues just need more time to play around. More testing to come
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #76
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanio View Post
So I decided to go to the drag strip today after a lot of hesitation. I went over some uneven asphalt layer... apparently the most of the pavement was taken out apart from one section that was not marked and was sticking out...well I was doing around 50 mph at night....it was not a pleasant experience but it's going to be an expensive one for sure. When I turn at low speeds sometimes the steering wheel gets to a point where you have to force it in order to go further in the turn....no clue what it is but it's not good. Hence why I was so hesitant...plus I have more steering wheel vibration than before.

There is not much life left on my tires and I managed to get only two runs ...The second one was shit... actually ...more than shit. However my First one was at 12.150 @ 111 mph. The mph is kind of low and I have an idea why but I have to experiment more and see. I wish I had more time to play around but for a first run at 12.150 ...it's not bad at all plus I am FAR from a good driver. I think I can get a higher trap speed with no issues just need more time to play around. More testing to come
Great times man! When you say you are far from a good driver... your car is auto or 6 speed?

1.7 60' is awesome... very jealous of you xdrive guys launch. Looked like a good run and very respectable. On par with both of my enzo tuned friends n55s
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      10-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #77
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Stanio, my m2 on pump gas no meth constantly did 12-12.2s@115-116mph a few months back when I was on stock turbo. Trap speed alone should mean some 30whp over yours and mine was about 385whp, compared to stock m2=335whp for benchmark.

111mph is stock m240 trap and I'll leave it to you what to make out of that.
      10-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #78
TuningTech FS
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Mercedes, & Porsche

Stanio Nice run! I do remember you asking me about the tires when you came in. The car is spot on considering it weight 3731 and made 398whp

Check for yourself! https://robrobinette.com/et.htm
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Taskmaster2465.00
      11-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #79
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-G_XNlX0g/

proTUNING Freaks TuningTech FS
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      11-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #80
KhanArt
Clean & Simple
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-G_XNlX0g/

proTUNING Freaks TuningTech FS
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #81
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

This s55 HPFP solution is what people should have been focusing their attention on in the first place instead of the bashing....very interested to hear their thoughts now it has PTF/HCP backing.

Hopefully this fuelling solution will make its way to the market, its huge for us n55 guys.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
ceedawg467.50
      01-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #82
Schmidty_
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235 2012 E70 X5M

Garage List
2005 330I ZHP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2012 E70 X5M  [0.00]
I'm just here to revive to see how they are running the secondary pump. Everything I've seen says the N55 DME cannot support it. Hopefully there can be answers other than "that my tuning secret".....
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 04:40 AM   #83
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Great find by this tuning company on making the dual pump setup work. To me beats having to install a secondary injector setup if more info comes out on how to make this dual pump setup work. I can care less about the turbo setup but the fact that their fuel setup is providing fuel and volume for high boost setups and works is a tru breakthru. Maryland is not far from NYC may be worth taking a look.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 08:33 AM   #84
Stanio
Private
Bulgaria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty_ View Post
I'm just here to revive to see how they are running the secondary pump. Everything I've seen says the N55 DME cannot support it. Hopefully there can be answers other than "that my tuning secret".....
Well...their shop M2 is running it pretty well lol
Come spring time and when the drag strips open we should be able to see more results from that car....I hope. I'm really curious to what it can do.
I'll take mine for sure and do more runs...but for now it's kind of hibernation period here in MD.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #85
zinner
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty_ View Post
I looked up the parts in realoem.

Vacuum pump is 550
HPFP is around 1000 x 2
Hard lines to Rail is 160
Supply Line to pumps is 300
Rail is 240

So you are looking at ~$3250 for the obvious stuff.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #86
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I looked up the parts in realoem.

Vacuum pump is 550
HPFP is around 1000 x 2
Hard lines to Rail is 160
Supply Line to pumps is 300
Rail is 240

So you are looking at ~$3250 for the obvious stuff.

Wowww! May as well go aftermarket !!!! best option i see right here for me! But this is for the E. I wonder if they make it to fit the F series as well
https://www.x-ph.com/fuel-it-e-serie...-lpfp-upgrade/

3250.00 psttttt
Appreciate 0