F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > muffler mounting plates rattled off
ARMA SPEED

10-31-2019, 03:29 PM   #1
Jvac
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i rwd

muffler mounting plates rattled off

Anyone else have this happen to them? Yesterday I noticed a rattle that started abruptly and sounded like it was coming from somewhere in back. I figured it was some of the stuff in the trunk at the time, but when I stopped the car I found my muffler hanging down on one side. A look under the car revealed that the mounting plate which your exhaust hanger clips on to was totally off the frame on one side. The muffler was basically being supported by the wiring for the electronic valve control switch because the bolt had come off. The opposite side was nearly off too; just hanging on by a couple of threads. Luckily I caught it before there was any damage but I've never seen this problem before on any of the cars I've owned. I believe they exhaust may have been lowered when they installed my LSD back in May, perhaps they forgot to tighten the bolts afterwards?