F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > US F30 OEM Adaptive Xenon Retrofit DIY
Studio RSR

01-25-2018, 11:45 PM   #199
marmit2017
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 535i 13 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by riky123 View Post
Thx for this DIY it whas helpful
Did it work for you? I'm planning on doing it just not going to do the self leveling stuff. Any advice besides than what's on the pdf?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 01:36 AM   #200
C_x_P
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31/M-Sport

Can anyone shed some light if the process is the same for the non adaptive xenon headlights? Also, is it necsessay to have/use the auto leveling sensors? I’m just trying to get as much information as possible and explore different avenues before committing.
Like everyone else, I hate my halogens and new to the F30/31 platform.

BTW, anyone in SoCal that can help with this install?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #201
loumon212
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i

Hello everyone I'm in the process of retrofitting from stock halogen lights to OEM adaptive xenons. i have the lights and all the modules. i took it to a shop to have it installed and when they installed it the lights would flicker for a few minutes and then eventually shut off. now the person who did the install is saying i need a different connector in order for them to work. i was under the impression that the original wires that were already in the vehicle would work if i updated the lights? im also thinking maybe the installer didn't rewire them when he installed them ? can anyone give me any insight on what the issue may be and if i do need new wires can anyone direct me to where i can find them?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #202
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

It might b the coding, when the flicker it could b from the bulb Check bc ur car thinks halogen are still installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #203
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Wiring would b the same minus the levels. Pretty sure u can code them out.
I kno it can b done with the lci led’s as I’m about to start that retro and instal is the same adaptive or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_x_P View Post
Can anyone shed some light if the process is the same for the non adaptive xenon headlights? Also, is it necsessay to have/use the auto leveling sensors? I’m just trying to get as much information as possible and explore different avenues before committing.
Like everyone else, I hate my halogens and new to the F30/31 platform.

BTW, anyone in SoCal that can help with this install?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #204
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

i bought empty f30 adaptive xenon headlight units and never ended up using them
getting rid of my car soon
if anyone's interested in doing the retrofit and want to buy the headlights (no xenon stuff, just the headlights and projectors) please let me know

edit: sold

Production date - 2008-04-22

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 03-05-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #205
Carney067
Registered
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 N55

Amazing Google doc right up!!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 04:26 AM   #206
Yaasir007
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hi All

I am new to the forum and i did this retrofit. I am based in Mauritius and we are RHD same as UK. ( i know this is for US car but i followed Dondi guide and luvbirds, and double checked the pin via rheingold)

I did everything, checked all the pins,coded only 522 (since we dont have adaptive headlight) etc but do not have neither the low beam nor high beam. While driving i am getting the error " Dipped beam right failure and dipped beam failure left"

The DRL and parking lights are working fine, i checked all the fuze used a meter to checked the wiring.. still no xenon light.

I went to the dealer to have same diagnose today to know if all the modules are working properly but they refuse to do it since it did not originally came with XENON lights and if i want they can do the retrofit with new headlight for the cost of Rs 112,000 ( approx $3300) which is insane..

will be grateful if someone can assist....

Last edited by Yaasir007; 08-30-2018 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #207
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaasir007 View Post
Hi All

I am new to the forum and i did this retrofit. I am based in Mauritius and we are RHD same as UK. ( i know this is for US car but i followed Dondi guide and luvbirds, and double checked the pin via rheingold)

I did everything, checked all the pins,coded only 522 (since we dont have adaptive headlight) etc but do not have neither the low beam nor high beam. While driving i am getting the error " Dipped beam right failure and dipped beam failure left"

The DRL and parking lights are working fine, i checked all the fuze used a meter to checked the wiring.. still no xenon light.

I went to the dealer to have same diagnose today to know if all the modules are working properly but they refuse to do it since it did not originally came with XENON lights and if i want they can do the retrofit with new headlight for the cost of Rs 112,000 ( approx $3300) which is insane..

will be grateful if someone can assist....
It almost sounds like a wiring/pin issue. I would look over the diy and double check on the wirings again. When I did mine, I make a mistake with the pins and jumped a spot (different issue then yours).

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #208
Yaasir007
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
It almost sounds like a wiring/pin issue. I would look over the diy and double check on the wirings again. When I did mine, I make a mistake with the pins and jumped a spot (different issue then yours).
Hi, thanks for replying.

i will check again this weekend and see if i did anything wrong. otherwise i will have to put back my halogen this weekend and try to get something like the depo angel eyes..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #209
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Hey guys a bit of a random question but my car currently does NOT have adaptive headlights - just the standard xenons.

I am having a custom set of OEM headlights done (new lenses and painting) and they are adaptive replacements.

Will they mount to my car the same way and function the same as my non-xenon's? I don't care for adaptive and I realize you need the associated coding and modules- I just want to make sure these will still plug and play as per my original non adaptive lights.

Thanks for any and all feedback!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 09:18 PM   #210
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
Hey guys a bit of a random question but my car currently does NOT have adaptive headlights - just the standard xenons.

I am having a custom set of OEM headlights done (new lenses and painting) and they are adaptive replacements.

Will they mount to my car the same way and function the same as my non-xenon's? I don't care for adaptive and I realize you need the associated coding and modules- I just want to make sure these will still plug and play as per my original non adaptive lights.

It should be a plug and play.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
7iM3less2575.50
      02-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #211
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Quote:

It should be a plug and play.
Thx brother
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #212
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thx brother
Anytime! The car shouldn't care what it doesn't know. So as long as you don't code the adaptive part of the headlights, it won't care.

Appreciate 1
7iM3less2575.50
      03-03-2019, 09:11 AM   #213
michalmkr
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix mpe US e60xd 430/800

Hey,
I have f30 328ix from USA. The halogen front lamps were standard. In Poland I made retofin for light bi-xenon.
After that, I had mistakes that I could not find answers and help from anywhere. These were the errors of leveling sensors which I did not mount on the swingarms.
C_FLC_ENA = F030disable did not resolve the my errors.
I came to this myself and it was only the change in the parameters of ICMQL> Daten 3000> Cnvlyr_i_CPar_HL_Connect = 05_Xenon_or_IAS to ohne - solved my problem! Now I not have errors after that this retrofit.

Maybe this information will come in handy
      03-03-2019, 09:37 AM   #214
michalmkr
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix mpe US e60xd 430/800

Has anyone encountered such a situation?

if I do not have the 522 option coded, I have no error in Fem. As I add this option 522 I have error - D90D2D Ugdo: nicht erwarteter LIN-Slave.

The error concerns the control of garage doors remotely from the interior mirror.
Has anyone had such a mistake and solved it?
      04-05-2019, 12:56 AM   #215
jsrock3
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just thought I would throw a post on this thread to confirm that if you follow the google doc link on page 1 of this thread the install and coding for Xenon Adaptive lights works with no warnings or faults after. The only possible error in the document is the headlight part number ending in "51" should be "54." So, I bought two Xenon adaptive headlights from a junk yard for about $1400 and they ended in part number "54" and "53".

The other small parts I bought from BMW for about $40.

I didnt need part #12527503411.

I did the pre-wiring like the document said ahead of time and bought all the necessary tools from Amazon for about $250. I got two shops to quote about $400-$600 for the install but I decided to tackle myself.

I did the install myself and the headlights took about 3-4 hours (I do have prior experience in replacing my headlights though) and the wiring took about 2-3 hours. USR has a great youtube for their DEPO lights I used to see how to remove the bumper etc.

The FEM is easy to get to but I watched a youtube video by Kies Motorsports on a different install for "comfort access" that helped explain how to remove the trim. The two "H" connectors in the FEM are a pain in the rear to install so be patient.

Make sure you have new lower headlight grommets (Part # 63127280779). You need 4 and if you try and re-use your old ones it will make the install take much much longer, trust me.

I turned on my lights prior to coding and they came on (minus the halos) then shut off. I dont think its good to have them on prior to coding. I felt like I was going to break something so I turned them off until the coding. The coding in the google doc is correct as well.

I HIGHLY recommend Steve at Codemybimmer info@codemybimmer.ca

He remote coded my NBT retrofit and did this coding in like 20 mins.

My car now has adaptive xenons and the fog lights turn on in reverse and individually when turning corners! Its one of the best installs yet!

Keep in mind when you adjust the beams after the install you may have to check by putting the car in reverse because in park the driver light will pan to the left (which it should). So to get the both straight while being stopped you need to be in reverse I think. Might help to have someone in the car while you manually adjust the beam in the front. Kies motor has a great youtube on how to adjust your beams!

All in I spent less than $1500. I bought the headlights with everything already attached so I didnt buy part "C" though "G" individually (listed in the google doc).

I have a 2014 BMW F30 with factory halogens, US (left hand drive). My car was manufactured in December 2013. These are really great and I gave up my DEPOs for them (totally worth it).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #216
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrock3 View Post
Keep in mind when you adjust the beams after the install you may have to check by putting the car in reverse because in park the driver light will pan to the left (which it should). So to get the both straight while being stopped you need to be in reverse I think. Might help to have someone in the car while you manually adjust the beam in the front. Kies motor has a great youtube on how to adjust your beams!
Just to add a note on this part...if you put the headlight to "on" and not "auto", it will center the headlights.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #217
DSBsky
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Good God man! Amazing work!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #218
DSBsky
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumon212 View Post
Hello everyone I'm in the process of retrofitting from stock halogen lights to OEM adaptive xenons. i have the lights and all the modules. i took it to a shop to have it installed and when they installed it the lights would flicker for a few minutes and then eventually shut off. now the person who did the install is saying i need a different connector in order for them to work. i was under the impression that the original wires that were already in the vehicle would work if i updated the lights? im also thinking maybe the installer didn't rewire them when he installed them ? can anyone give me any insight on what the issue may be and if i do need new wires can anyone direct me to where i can find them?
Probably need something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Xenon-HI...1/272579890573
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #219
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

been a while since I looked at this, 10 pages now, glad I could help some of you out. sorry for lack of updates or answers to your questions via PM. I only had this car for a year, then was out of a BMW for two years, back in a 340 for two years, now out again... I am not a tech or mechanic, just a DIY'er that wanted the adaptive headlights and made it happen. best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 10:51 AM   #220
tonyhhandler
Egypt
Rep
Drives: f30 328i

Hello Friends,

You can retrofit Xenon lights (522) on any FEM (Mid or High).
If the retrofit is done on a MID FEM the shutter will not work if the wiring is done upon the normal Xenon retrofit wiring, You have to let the shutter wiring work on the normal halogen high beam and then code it.

I mean
on the left headlight:
Let pin no.6 on the headlight ---- which is pin no.26 on A173*2B on the FEM the same on both ends (don't remove it).

on the right headlight:
Let pin no.6 on the headlight ---- which is pin no.34 on A173*3B on the FEM the same on both ends (don't remove it).

then code FEM:
MAPPING_FERNL_1_L_OUTPUT (change from 18-bix_l to 7-fl_l)
MAPPING_FERNL_1_R_OUTPUT (change from 18-bix_r to 7-fl_r)

This will change the output channel for the Xenon shutter inside the FEM from BiXenon (which is not supported by the MID FEM) to the output channel of the normal halogen high beam and enjoy your Xenon without replacing the FEM .
Appreciate 0