F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

01-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #1673
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e M Sport (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoskog View Post
It would be great to hear how people are doing with Carplay after latest updates indeed.

I was myself positively surprised that I was able to communicate with Carplay simply saying "Hey Siri" when phone is connected with cable to the device and also bt connection to the BMW original bluetooth. However, I am getting a bit lost that I can talk to Siri and ask for example navigation guidance, but when trying to make phone call, it is just dead silent (unless I select from phone that the speaker is car bluetooth).

Is it working fine with phone calls with rest of us?
I have assigned the left arrow of idrive to open siri through autoplay settings/learning. You could try it instead of 'Hey Siri'.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #1674
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F34 & E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
I have assigned the left arrow of idrive to open siri through autoplay settings/learning. You could try it instead of 'Hey Siri'.
Thanks for the tip. However that was not what I was after. My point with "Hey Siri" function was that Carplay is able to interact with car microphone on latest version. For some reason it works on all but phone calls...

For example, when BT is not connected and Autokit app is set to use car microphone:
1) Hey Siri
2) Siri reacts and asks what I want
3) I say "Call John Doe"
4) Siri opens phone app an starts calling John Doe
5) However, I can hear the other party but he can't hear me

In case BT is connected to BMW side, and the app is set to use car microphone, there is no audio at all in the phone call. But steps 1-4 above works exactly the same.

Such scenario works fine with your device?

Last edited by sjoskog; 01-11-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #1675
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
Actually I don't have this issue, Siri works perfectly also to make calls..
The only thing that bothers me is that when i RECEIVE calls it switches back to the OEM system.. Does it happen also to you?
Yes, it switches to the BMW side when receiving a call and bluetooth is turned on.

I think I would be able to live with this issue as it won't disturb the call itself.

Last edited by sjoskog; 01-11-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #1676
cyberdin
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werra2006 View Post
Here is an update from the supplier of my stereo, PX3 7.1, not tested yet

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-2...20384c4dlul78T

Update

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRY...zxongBfXz/view
Has anybody updated/used these?
What date and version is this?

Thanks btw for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #1677
Ravijordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Thanks for that didn’t know about that one 😃
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #1678
jaydiemm
Rep
Drives: F10

Does anybody have issue with VLC video player app not displaying any video (black screen) with VLC logo.. but plays audio?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #1679
jaydiemm
Rep
Drives: F10

On the default Video App with the big icon on main menu. Is there a way or option to change the aspect ratio like (crop, fit screen) because the default is stretched wide.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #1680
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdin View Post

Thanks btw for sharing!
I installed the update.
The version is 05-01-2019

No obvious changes except that in the settings menu does not displays the current ram in use .
The unit runs smoothly and somewhat like faster boot time but i did not check with timer. Maybe a placebo effect.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:32 AM   #1681
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Quote:
Yes, it switches to the BMW side when receiving a call and bluetooth is turned on.

I think I would be able to live with this issue as it won't disturb the call itself.
Ok thanks a lot for the reply! I was not sure if it was a common and know "issue" or something that happens only in my car!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #1682
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubalcha View Post
Help !!!
New here, although in the shade. I have read everything you could.
To the subject
Yesterday I received the screen I asked for.
Today when it came to riding, I had two problems
The screen on the BMW side says "no signal". You hear everything, the radio, the navigation, the hard disk etc, but the screen is not activated.
On the Android side you can not hear it in any application and what you have selected in the BMW part still sounds.
Have you made sure to swap the optic cables from the original quad lock to the new quad lock for the screen?

Some of us have to connect the Aux cable between the screen loom and the Aux socket under the centre armrest to get sound from the Android side.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #1683
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
I installed the update.
The version is 05-01-2019

No obvious changes except that in the settings menu does not displays the current ram in use .
The unit runs smoothly and somewhat like faster boot time but i did not check with timer. Maybe a placebo effect.
How did you install the upgrade? Did you just upgrade the px3.img by copying that to usb stick and connect or something more? Just asking because there are two folders called apk and oem in the zip file. Not sure what is the value of those... APK is obviously some Android apps and OEM seems to contain some configuration files. Not sure if these should be somehow added. (On the other hand I would like to avoid any useless bloatware installed on my device)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #1684
ubalcha
Spain
Rep
Drives: F33

Quote:
Regarding "no signal", I would guess the screen resolution is not matching between car and Android. I think I managed to get this when coding car and setting it on BMW side to 10 inch screen (my original display was 6.5" and got it working best when coded BMW to have 8" screen). If this is not the case, then perhaps the cables are not connected properly (this would also explain sound issues).

However as you seem to be able to get to Android side, perhaps you should start by checking from factory settings and try an another display size?
My system is a harman, NBT EVO. That is, it has ID5 that has the Idrive touch and the 8.8 "non-touch screen.
In the Android part I tried another screen size and it worked. The android part interacts correctly, you see the screen, you can change applications, you see the propaganda movie, if you change the audio player you see that the song progresses, if you go to the browser it works, but in no way is it hear what is running at that moment. What you hear is the Bmw part, what you select through the steering wheel even with the voice command (radio, songs from the hard disk, navigation ......)
When I change the BMW part, "no signal" screen. Black screen You hear what I select in the BMW part, as I mentioned earlier, through the controls of the steering wheel or the voice command.

One question I have is that you see the original BMW screen image

Mine has a series of cartons or covers for which I am moving with the Idrive

Mine will be the fourth, starting at the top
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #1685
ubalcha
Spain
Rep
Drives: F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesmith2939 View Post
Have you made sure to swap the optic cables from the original quad lock to the new quad lock for the screen?

Some of us have to connect the Aux cable between the screen loom and the Aux socket under the centre armrest to get sound from the Android side.
Ok.
Yes I have changed the fiber cables from the original to the new wiring.
Even pull the aux cable to the armrest and it did not work either. Someone commented somewhere, I do not know where, I would have to select the Aux option in the BMW part, but the screen is black and I do not know where I'm going.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #1686
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Are people having success using a GPS splitter cable? I seem to remember reading something about different voltages at one time.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #1687
munki88
Rep
Drives: BMW F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Are people having success using a GPS splitter cable? I seem to remember reading something about different voltages at one time.
Working fine on mine
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #1688
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

GPS splitter caused some issues with my Avin unit. The iDrive side worked fine but the Android side would almost always refuse to boot up and I just had "no signal" most of the time. Since using a separate antenna for the Avin unit it's been fine and boots up fine every time.

Not sure why it seems to cause issues for some people and not for others.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 03:28 AM   #1689
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheez View Post
GPS splitter caused some issues with my Avin unit. The iDrive side worked fine but the Android side would almost always refuse to boot up and I just had "no signal" most of the time. Since using a separate antenna for the Avin unit it's been fine and boots up fine every time.

Not sure why it seems to cause issues for some people and not for others.
Exactly the same for me. 2013 Champ 2 head unit with NBT cable.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #1690
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Quote:

Thanks btw for sharing!
I updated with this update, dated 5/1/2019.
Seeems all good, not so faster than the previous version...
It has inside the JLR mode as the 28/11 update...
The music app has some difficulty in reading the metadata of the music files in the usb, as the previous update... in my opinion the best update was that dated 20/09/2018, however I will check in these days if the music player goes better...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #1691
cyberdin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
I updated with this update, dated 5/1/2019.
Seeems all good, not so faster than the previous version...
It has inside the JLR mode as the 28/11 update...
The music app has some difficulty in reading the metadata of the music files in the usb, as the previous update... in my opinion the best update was that dated 20/09/2018, however I will check in these days if the music player goes better...
I already asked but, but maybe that one person who knows the answer didn't saw it:
I've received a MCU update from my supplier on 2018.12.28. to fix the brightness dimming problem when you turn on the lights on the car.
I was not able to install it, maybe somebody will be able to and share the method:
https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/2HY87yzh/file.html
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #1692
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I already asked but, but maybe that one person who knows the answer didn't saw it:
I've received a MCU update from my supplier on 2018.12.28. to fix the brightness dimming problem when you turn on the lights on the car.
I was not able to install it, maybe somebody will be able to and share the method:
https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/2HY87yzh/file.html
Thanks
You should copy the file to usb stick, plug that in, go to settings and select Mcu upgrade.

Hope that works.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #1693
cyberdin
Rep

Quote:
You should copy the file to usb stick, plug that in, go to settings and select Mcu upgrade.

Hope that works.
I already tried and nothing happened.
After pressing Mcu-Upgrade it says: Ready to upgrade, please wait... but nothing happens. I can just close the window and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #1694
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I already tried and nothing happened.
After pressing Mcu-Upgrade it says: Ready to upgrade, please wait... but nothing happens. I can just close the window and that's it.
I wonder if the file you shared is not corrupted. At least it is extremely small compared to Android image, but I cannot judge. Perhaps it would be worth of asking the dealer to send it again, just to be sure.
Appreciate 0