F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
GetBMWParts

03-03-2019, 11:59 PM   #1871
cagdason
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw X1 E84

If you use the arrows on the circle you should be able to center the lines. At least on mine it works.

So I tried to update the MCU yesterday and unfortunately I got the same problem with a member here. The system says ready to update please wait and does nothing. Tried both USB cables and micro SD no luck. Any suggestions?

Can it be the MCU is not correct so the device does not use it. Should I go a head and try the other MCU files I found.

Anybody had this problem and managed to solve it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 12:01 AM   #1872
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

I bought an aftermarket reverse camera that replaces the boot handle and it lines up perfectly.

Either the handle has clipped in properly or you have a fault / misaligned camera.

Contact the seller and get it changed.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 03:43 AM   #1873
Ducvfr
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagdason View Post
If you use the arrows on the circle you should be able to center the lines. At least on mine it works.

So I tried to update the MCU yesterday and unfortunately I got the same problem with a member here. The system says ready to update please wait and does nothing. Tried both USB cables and micro SD no luck. Any suggestions?

Can it be the MCU is not correct so the device does not use it. Should I go a head and try the other MCU files I found.

Anybody had this problem and managed to solve it?
No, it is not a matter of wrong MCU file. Its not matter of SD card or USB either as long they are in FAT32 and not NTFS. It is a bug or a limitation on purpose. I am trying 3 months now to update and the only time it worked was when I updated px3 image to 5.1.2019 from a previous version. And that only time it worked, because of experimenting with so many different MCU files everytime, it took a CCC version instead of CIC and now I have no sound output and of course I cannot reupdate/change MCU no matter what, reseting, downgrading image and reupdate to later version and trying each time MCU update, nothing. All that happend because the chinese fu**** useless seller send me an after market idrive like joystick specific for e83 that just never worked and also steering buttons and I was trying to solve that on my own.

Last edited by Ducvfr; 03-04-2019 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #1874
cagdason
Private
Rep

Ducvfr I feel your pain, I am in the same boat, my seller even told me that I massed up things because I entered the factory setting. According to him this is an untouchable menu and when I entered it, it messed the device so now he would not do anything about it. May be I will try to update the firmware first and see if it makes a difference. It is really frustrating.

Hope we can solve this soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #1875
cagdason
Private
Rep

Ducvfr did you try to reset the MCU and then update. When it stuck on the wait if I click the x and retry to update it wont work. But if i press stop MCU then it starts but hangs again.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #1876
Ducvfr
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Ducvfr did you try to reset the MCU and then update. When it stuck on the wait if I click the x and retry to update it wont work. But if i press stop MCU then it starts but hangs again.
Yea of course I did, no difference. That only time it worked, it would read and show the current version too along with MCU update file found message. Buying from aliexpress is like gambling in roulette... Of course the big bait is the price and since I read negative feedback about aftersales support from AVIN too which suppose to be better I decided to risk it. So next time I ll look at a mirror and ask myself... Do u feel lucky...? Punk!

Last edited by Ducvfr; 03-04-2019 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #1877
toddyus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive

I successfully updated the firmware and MCU on my unit. However, if the Music is playing on the Android side and I start up Carplay, both audio sources play at the same time. Using Carplay used to pause the Music app. Is there a setting in the menu to force the Music app to stop when Carplay starts that anyone is aware of?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 09:25 AM   #1878
cagdason
Private
Rep

Well I updated the firmware that is something, however no luck on the mcu still. It now says IAPVER on the ready to upgrade screen but nothing else. Can it be some how an app running at the background or some reason can not read the file name. Things not working as they supposed to run bothers me a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 11:00 AM   #1879
cagdason
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducvfr View Post
Yea of course I did, no difference. That only time it worked, it would read and show the current version too along with MCU update file found message. Buying from aliexpress is like gambling in roulette... Of course the big bait is the price and since I read negative feedback about aftersales support from AVIN too which suppose to be better I decided to risk it. So next time I ll look at a mirror and ask myself... Do u feel lucky...? Punk!
Was the MCU on the same USB with the firmware when you managed to upgrade it? Did you try to do the same. It can't be locked or blocked if you could upgrade it once could it? This will drive me crazy.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:09 AM   #1880
cagdason
Private
Rep

After I updated the firmware I still can not update MCU

This the new screen while trying to update the MCU

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 04:52 AM   #1881
cagdason
Private
Rep

Do anybody know the correct pairing of the Can cabals on the cable harness. I start thinking my problems might be due to miss connection of these. I would assume atleast the cable colors should match but mine does not. What I have is CAN1 connected to CANC, CANA connected to CANB and CAN2 is free not connected.

I realized after the firmware update there is some new options under the factory settings. One of them says collect CAN data switch. I turn it on but after a restart it turns itself off. Do anybody know what this is?

Finally I start having problem with my GPS lock after the firmware update anybody had similar problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #1882
Slepoipew
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E83

ROOT!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #1883
cagdason
Private
Rep

Well finally some good news I managed to update the MCU. But only to CCC which I believe was the one ducvfr used. Do anybody keep a track where these MCUs come from why can we upgrade to CCC but none of the others. For me this is OK as I don't have original screen so I didn't care if it is CCC, CIC OR nbt as long as it works. It fixed my PDC problem with the radar not working. The GPS still is problematic I might need to downgrade the firmware. Anybody else having GPS problem with the new firmware? Is there a relatively more stable firmware you guys prefer?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 12:23 PM   #1884
cagdason
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slepoipew View Post
ROOT!
Wow keeping an eye on this.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #1885
Ducvfr
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Well finally some good news I managed to update the MCU. But only to CCC which I believe was the one ducvfr used. Do anybody keep a track where these MCUs come from why can we upgrade to CCC but none of the others. For me this is OK as I don't have original screen so I didn't care if it is CCC, CIC OR nbt as long as it works. It fixed my PDC problem with the radar not working. The GPS still is problematic I might need to downgrade the firmware. Anybody else having GPS problem with the new firmware? Is there a relatively more stable firmware you guys prefer?
Good and bad news. I mean u r lucky it fixed your problems but there is only one CCC version around and in my case I have no audio out now! Suppose u didn't have such problem. Do u know if in your case you get audio from a stereo 3.5mm female plug that comes out of unit's harness and then connects to aux in of your factory stereo? I mean do u have to switch to aux source to listen from android unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #1886
cagdason
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masanada73 View Post
Just got an update for our HU.
Version 20190114

Follow the link to download.
Note this link is directly from Louie and will expire on 02/25/2019

https://mab.to/HvFd9Q1AgVZ
The version says 190103 is that correct? I am having GPS fix problems more then usual could this be related to the new firmware.?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #1887
cagdason
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducvfr View Post
Good and bad news. I mean u r lucky it fixed your problems but there is only one CCC version around and in my case I have no audio out now! Suppose u didn't have such problem. Do u know if in your case you get audio from a stereo 3.5mm female plug that comes out of unit's harness and then connects to aux in of your factory stereo? I mean do u have to switch to aux source to listen from android unit?
My Aux connects through the harness no cable to aux port. However I still have occasional no sound boots. I start thinking it might be related to power issue. Lately if I start the unit while the car is not running sound works. If I then press start the sound goes away and does not work till a full shutdown and re start.

Do you remember if the original mcu you had has HW7 or HW8 in the version name. Do we know where the MCU files came is ccc from a different vendor?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #1888
Ducvfr
Greece
Rep

Quote:
My Aux connects through the harness no cable to aux port. However I still have occasional no sound boots. I start thinking it might be related to power issue. Lately if I start the unit while the car is not running sound works. If I then press start the sound goes away and does not work till a full shutdown and re start.

Do you remember if the original mcu you had has HW7 or HW8 in the version name. Do we know where the MCU files came is ccc from a different vendor?
I have no idea. I got most of the files I tried from the kind guy that shares them through here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cjBjFXM34EGaoE
I dont what u mean by HW7 or 8, like hardware version? I haven't seen any such info.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #1889
cagdason
Private
Rep

Almost all MCU images I see has HW7 in the version name, the ccc has HW8 I think that is our problem. The old 1G ram ünite has HW1. May be we can find HW8 MCU for our unit or some one can edit the MCU.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #1890
cagdason
Private
Rep

I think that is something to do with Hardware I am not sure just guessing
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #1891
cagdason
Private
Rep

I just realized the version number on the latest firmware not matching the release date. And RAM does not show how much of the 2G is used. Can anybody confirm this.

Last edited by cagdason; 03-05-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 01:55 AM   #1892
cagdason
Private
Rep

Here is the before after video for my PDC radar
https://www.facebook.com/cagdas.d.so...8468908677501/

https://www.facebook.com/cagdas.d.so...8468916022501/
Appreciate 0