F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Questions about USR Depot Headlights
ARMA SPEED

10-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
Cpatel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N26 328i

Questions about USR Depot Headlights

I have the standard halogen stock front headlights and I want to buy the USR depot lights. These specifically.
https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/s...led-2030505305

I have a few questions:

1) The Halo is an LED DRL (day time running light) from what I understand. Does that need a bulb or is it built into the headlight and not need changing?

2) For the low beams, high beams, and blinkers, I would like to replace the halogen bulb with LED bulbs. Is it as simple as changing them out and doing the proper coding?

3) This is going to sound stupid, but are the low beams the lights that turn on automatically at night (If you have the light switch set to automatic)?

Thank you for your time
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 12:13 AM   #2
sgimips
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 540d

1) It's an LED module pack specific to the Depo lights.

2) Yes but I'd strongly suggest bench testing the beam pattern and also it's impossible to replace the high beam (inner) bulb/LED once the light is installed in the car. Also the low beam H7 bulb will need "LED Adaptor Holders" or "clips" to install most LED modules. The high beam can be installed without them using an H7-style LED.

3) Yes the low beams are what turn on at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpatel View Post
I have the standard halogen stock front headlights and I want to buy the USR depot lights. These specifically.
https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/s...led-2030505305

I have a few questions:

1) The Halo is an LED DRL (day time running light) from what I understand. Does that need a bulb or is it built into the headlight and not need changing?

2) For the low beams, high beams, and blinkers, I would like to replace the halogen bulb with LED bulbs. Is it as simple as changing them out and doing the proper coding?

3) This is going to sound stupid, but are the low beams the lights that turn on automatically at night (If you have the light switch set to automatic)?

Thank you for your time
Appreciate 1
Cpatel39.50