F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Bimmercode app iOS/Android
proTUNING Freaks

08-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #45
M-Sport Wagon Funnnnnnnnn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 328d M-Sport Touring

Garage List
Is there an explanation for some of the available codings? For example 'fog light cold monitoring' or 'Siri eyes free.'

I could play around with them but I'd rather be able to have something in plain English before I mess around with a $55K prized possession (besides my wife but she costs a lot more!)

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #46
Breno_Piece
Euro Noob
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

the wifi adapter arrived for this during the week... can't wait to get home and start playing around with the app! that annoying disclaimer has got to go!!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #47
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breno_Piece View Post
the wifi adapter arrived for this during the week... can't wait to get home and start playing around with the app! that annoying disclaimer has got to go!!
An unanticipated benefit of removing that disclaimer I've found is that if I turn off the center display, it stays off next time I start the car.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #48
vgore
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 328xi

I coded the usual things M animation, auto roll up windows and disabled the checks for lights, disabled parking lights. It all went well when I did. But now when I start the car there is no animation, I just see the main screen. Also the lights do not blink when I lock/unlock the car. I did undo all changes but to no avail. can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 12:57 PM   #49
Hyperlink
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

I love this app. I also bought the other app sold by BimmerCode to clear the random codes that always pop up after coding. Great piece of software.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #50
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Did anybody download the software Vgate tells you to do or just download the Bimmercode app and connect it right up?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 08:20 PM   #51
wickedwahine11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 428i M Sport convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Sport Wagon Funnnnnnnnn View Post
Did anybody download the software Vgate tells you to do or just download the Bimmercode app and connect it right up?
No, you can just download Bimmercode. I did my car today and added tilt/untilt mirrors at lock/unlock with Comfort Access, turn off stereo at unlock door, and disable notifications at start up.

It is a great app, very easy to use (even though I was nervous). I did get the chassis stabilization warning error but was not worried, as many other people in the long F87 thread said they had gotten it.

I also coded it to prevent auto a/c on startup and though the app says it was coded successfully, it still comes on automatically. I am due to take my car back in for its second squealing brakes service this week and figure everything will get erased when I do. Hopefully when I recode again, this one will work for me.

My only complaints are that the Bimmercode app webpage said I could enable HUD telephone info, but I cannot do so. And the double door pull with auto-lock can only be disabled in expert mode. I don't feel confident enough to tinker with that, so I am hoping the developer adds that to dummy mode - it and the a/c are both things I would love to remedy. But overall, it is a great app, and well worth the money.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sounds like you've gotten your money's worth already which is good. I'm going to tinker with it this weekend. I don't even have ConnectedDrive on my car yet. Bringing the car from Germany has been a nut roll. BMWNA didn't even recognize my chassis or VIN even though it's a US-spec car. Crazy. Not what I expected from a $60K car.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 04:37 AM   #53
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

Will be trying this out this weekend. Thanks for posting!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 06:38 AM   #54
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Got the app and vgate OBD II wifi adapter yesterday.

Coded last night....no problems....and all the coding worked.
      08-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #55
AudiA4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 G01 X3 M40i (Black/Black)

So...stupid question. I just got the adapter today, and I can't seem to find any "instruction" in the app or on Bimmercode website. So my question is: Is the car supposed to be OFF when I plug in the adapter? Does it have to be started (engine) when I use the app, or just ignition on? I'm just a bit anxious about plugging in the adapter.

p.s. Is the "in app" ±$23 purchase for ALL programming, or only if you want to use the custom programming option? It isn't clear to me reading the description.

2014 F30 335i (EB) 6MT, M Sport, Premium, Tech, DHP, HK, CW, M Brakes, M Exhaust

2006 E90 330i (Silver) 6MT, Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #56
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
So...stupid question. I just got the adapter today, and I can't seem to find any "instruction" in the app or on Bimmercode website. So my question is: Is the car supposed to be OFF when I plug in the adapter? Does it have to be started (engine) when I use the app, or just ignition on? I'm just a bit anxious about plugging in the adapter.

p.s. Is the "in app" ±$23 purchase for ALL programming, or only if you want to use the custom programming option? It isn't clear to me reading the description.
I plug in the adapter with the car off. The app won't "connect" to my car unless I have the engine running. I think you have to pay the fee to code anything, whether or not you use the expert mode. I think it's a one time thing, so once you pay, you can code / connect all you want.
Appreciate 1
AudiA4645.50
      08-15-2017, 09:44 PM   #57
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question for you guys: I have a 2015 335i. When I connected the Bimmercode app to my car today, I didn't see Active Sound Design as one of the options in the list of ECUs. Does this mean the car doesn't have ASD? Sorry if this topic is a dead horse - I've searched these boards for a while but never found a definitive answer on whether my model and year has the feature.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 10:27 PM   #58
AudiA4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 G01 X3 M40i (Black/Black)

Okay, so I coded my first few options tonight. It worked fine it seems, but the process left me with a few questions:

1. As I scrolled back through the options after coding a few at a time, I SWEAR it showed some options/defaults changed that I didn't edit. Example: Start without depressing clutch showed to be active, but I know that's not the default and I didn't change it. Is there a list of default settings so I can double check? I know to some extent these would vary from car to car. Confusing.

2. To address item 1, I looked at restoring from backups and realize they're done automatically (I guess...several backups showed up under the setting even though I hadn't actively backed up).

Overall, Bimmercode did its job, but I'm confused now on what's changed and what should be the default. I wish I knew if the first backup was the original settings. If so, I'd start over and be a bit more deliberate with each setting. Part of it was learning what each did since the documentation is scarce (at best) in the app.

p.s. I'm just glad to now have tire pressure (and temp I guess) in the iDrive display. That alone was worth the +/- $40 price of admission!

2014 F30 335i (EB) 6MT, M Sport, Premium, Tech, DHP, HK, CW, M Brakes, M Exhaust

2006 E90 330i (Silver) 6MT, Sport

Last edited by AudiA4; 08-16-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #59
gurpzz
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xdrive

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
I just tried this this morning. App connected just fine to the adapter and I went through and made all the changes. How long should everything take to kick in? I drove for about an hour after all the coding, and nothing. No errors, just nothing took.

I did it with the engine running and doors shut, since without the engine on, it said it couldn't find the car.

I'll try unplugging the adapter, plugging back in and starting over, but any ideas? Did I miss a step?

EDIT- never mind, I figured it out
hey, how did you get it to work?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #60
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurpzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb View Post
I just tried this this morning. App connected just fine to the adapter and I went through and made all the changes. How long should everything take to kick in? I drove for about an hour after all the coding, and nothing. No errors, just nothing took.

I did it with the engine running and doors shut, since without the engine on, it said it couldn't find the car.

I'll try unplugging the adapter, plugging back in and starting over, but any ideas? Did I miss a step?

EDIT- never mind, I figured it out
hey, how did you get it to work?
Don't ask...

Okay, I clicked the Code button after making all the changes. I wasn't doing that at first...

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 06:55 AM   #61
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

Will Bimmercode work with the Carly OBD adapter?

Evdok

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #62
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I think BimmerCode is the app developer. Hoping he can chime in to help us out.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #63
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiA4 View Post
Okay, so I coded my first few options tonight. It worked fine it seems, but the process left me with a few questions:

1. As I scrolled back through the options after coding a few at a time, I SWEAR it showed some options/defaults changed that I didn't edit. Example: Start without depressing clutch showed to be active, but I know that's not the default and I didn't change it. Is there a list of default settings so I can double check? I know to some extent these would vary from car to car. Confusing.

2. To address item 1, I looked at restoring from backups and realize they're done automatically (I guess...several backups showed up under the setting even though I hadn't actively backed up).

Overall, Bimmercode did its job, but I'm confused now on what's changed and what should be the default. I wish I knew if the first backup was the original settings. If so, I'd start over and be a bit more deliberate with each setting. Part of it was learning what each did since the documentation is scarce (at best) in the app.

p.s. I'm just glad to now have tire pressure (and temp I guess) in the iDrive display. That alone was worth the +/- $40 price of admission!
Check this thread...........

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1391908
      08-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #64
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Question for you guys: I have a 2015 335i. When I connected the Bimmercode app to my car today, I didn't see Active Sound Design as one of the options in the list of ECUs. Does this mean the car doesn't have ASD? Sorry if this topic is a dead horse - I've searched these boards for a while but never found a definitive answer on whether my model and year has the feature.
As far as I know, ASD is only found in the M cars (e.g. M2/M3/M4).

Just got my Vgate iCar 2 so I'll be testing this soon on my 435i...
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2017, 10:40 PM   #65
nineiron
Rep
Drives: 335

i just coded a bunch of things (1 at a time) and on several of them i got the 'chassis error' and the car shut down. the app said the coding was successful on every change. i tested after and all the things i coded worked fine.

did anyone else get the 'chassis error' and have the engine shut off after coding a change?

do i have to do anything about these errors?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 10:55 PM   #66
Kvince
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

I got the app and vgate OBD adapter and it works great on my car and a friend's 340. All things coded as expected.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone who wants to code. Much more easy than using ESys as some items is a one touch change in BimmerCode vs multiple change in Esys (eg. Video in motion)
Appreciate 0