F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fully spec'd up 320d x drive or pretty basic 330d xdrive
Extreme Powerhouse

01-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #67
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Did you check to see how much they would add to your new car? They only added less than £10 a month for me and that's on a 2 year lease! They do add to residuals unlike the vis pack which I believe doesn't!
Yeah, I went through most of options from thread about pricing.

I tried to keep an eye on residuals, but also on what I would use most of the time.

I do tend to do a fair bit of driving in dark, hence xenons.

I have asked for an updated quote for adding vis pack.

There is a little bit of room for prices but not much.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #68
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Yeah, I went through most of options from thread about pricing.

I tried to keep an eye on residuals, but also on what I would use most of the time.

I do tend to do a fair bit of driving in dark, hence xenons.

I have asked for an updated quote for adding vis pack.

There is a little bit of room for prices but not much.
Of course you have to keep your budget in mind.

But for me a luxury car with leather should have heated seats. And actually by now they really should have ventilated seats because man they are hot and sticky on the hot summer days! Especially black leather!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:01 AM   #69
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Of course you have to keep your budget in mind.

But for me a luxury car with leather should have heated seats. And actually by now they really should have ventilated seats because man they are hot and sticky on the hot summer days! Especially black leather!
Lol, yes ventilated seats are a must.

Especially in black leather, I believe the red comes with kryptonite cooling as standard but only I conjunction with Estoril......
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #70
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I believe the red comes with kryptonite cooling as standard but only I conjunction with Estoril......
Just another advantage of having a Superman!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #71
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

It is very tough.. where do you stop??? I just didn't and the car cost a fortune!

Have to say though, xenons are still great on their own, but I would agree that high beam assist and adaptive really should go together, so for £65 it would daft not to get the Vis pack.

Leather without heating is a complete non-starter for me, but I do know plenty who don't like heated seats.. and one person who says it makes them feel like they've pissed themselves!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #72
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
It is very tough.. where do you stop??? I just didn't and the car cost a fortune!

Have to say though, xenons are still great on their own, but I would agree that high beam assist and adaptive really should go together, so for £65 it would daft not to get the Vis pack.

Leather without heating is a complete non-starter for me, but I do know plenty who don't like heated seats.. and one person who says it makes them feel like they've pissed themselves!
Yes you did go a bit silly! You basically ordered a car how I would after winning the lottery!

I definitely think the 2 absolute essentials on an F30 M Sport are Xenons & Heated Seats.
Xenon because the BMW halogens are crap, no matter of opinion, they are just crap!
And heated seats because sitting on Dakota leather on a cold day is like sitting on a cold rock!

Oh and if you are into music, and play it even relatively loudly then one of the speaker upgrades.

Everything else is sugar coating on the top! A lot of it is very nice sugar, but not necessary.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #73
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Yes you did go a bit silly! You basically ordered a car how I would after winning the lottery!

I definitely think the 2 absolute essentials on an F30 M Sport are Xenons & Heated Seats.
Xenon because the BMW halogens are crap, no matter of opinion, they are just crap!
And heated seats because sitting on Dakota leather on a cold day is like sitting on a cold rock!

Oh and if you are into music, and play it even relatively loudly then one of the speaker upgrades.

Everything else is sugar coating on the top! A lot of it is very nice sugar, but not necessary.
I wouldn't say silly at all, we've absolutely no regrets over anything we specced. We researched as well as we could the extras, and had experience from our previous cars as to what we found important. And decided that as we will do around 25k miles most years in our car, including lots of long trips to Scotland and Europe, that it was worth spending on for us. The compromise is that we plan to keep our car for longer than the 3-4 years most people on here seem to, but I like looking after my car so no hardship for me. Anything in particular I specced that you disagreed with?

And besides, it's not like I paid full whack for them.. has to be some advantage to having a Dad who works for BMW!

If you want to rationalise then the real silliness is buying brand new cars when there is nothing wrong with the one you have, that's depreciating by only a couple of thoasand a year now!

I don't disagree with your essentials, but for me there would have to be more than that, and would not have a car (out of choice) that didn't have Pro Nav and folding rear seats (if saloon).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #74
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't say silly at all, we've absolutely no regrets over anything we specced. We researched as well as we could the extras, and had experience from our previous cars as to what we found important. And decided that as we will do around 25k miles most years in our car, including lots of long trips to Scotland and Europe, that it was worth spending on for us. The compromise is that we plan to keep our car for longer than the 3-4 years most people on here seem to, but I like looking after my car so no hardship for me. Anything in particular I specced that you disagreed with?

And besides, it's not like I paid full whack for them.. has to be some advantage to having a Dad who works for BMW!

If you want to rationalise then the real silliness is buying brand new cars when there is nothing wrong with the one you have, that's depreciating by only a couple of thoasand a year now!

I don't disagree with your essentials, but for me there would have to be more than that, and would not have a car (out of choice) that didn't have Pro Nav and folding rear seats (if saloon).
Sorry mate, you've misunderstood my meaning of 'going silly'! I meant it as in going to town, or being indulgent or doing something to the max etc.

Not silly as in foolish!

I think the xenons & heated seats should be standard as they will benefit everyone (in our country/climate), then you pick the other options that suit your own specific needs.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #75
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Ah right I get you now... Yeah I guess £55k full list for a 3 series is going to town!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #76
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity
Ah right I get you now... Yeah I guess 55k full list for a 3 series is going to town!
You could say that!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #77
General
No_Country
Rep

Choosing options is a nightmare.

Yes I may just get heated seats and not vis pack,

It is however bit of a, damned if you do and damned if you don't , type of decision.

Imagine how hard it would be picking options without the packages?

Would you go for the wheels or say radar cruise, or individual options.

As soon as I decided on the engine (330), I knew I had to be very limited with options - as everyone else has to.

If not we would have very lovely Moonstone 335d x drives with individual leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #78
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:

Make that 5 or 6 please. See I am so flexible and lord you are mean.
Adaptive Suspenders, Visibility Pack, Professional Media, F & R Parking sensors and possibly HK. I have a few more options but they are really tosh including the heated seats.
      01-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #79
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Make that 5 or 6 please. See I am so flexible and lord you are mean.
Adaptive Suspenders, Visibility Pack, Professional Media, F & R Parking sensors and possibly HK. I have a few more options but they are really tosh including the heated seats.
Why are heated seats tosh?

F & R sensors are standard on 330d!

And active suspension..... let's not get started on that one!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #80
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Why are heated seats tosh?

F & R sensors are standard on 330d!

And active suspension..... let's not get started on that one!
You see I forgot as I have specced so many unnecessary options. Well, not really. Not like some others who lost the plot. Let's then make it 6 exactly. I never use the heated seats but do use the folding miorrors. Include this instead of the heated seats.

The adaptive suspension is truly wonderful, a must have and I don't give a monkey's nuts what others say about it. It works like a dream especially with the sensible and beautiful 18" rims. And my opinion is unanimous! Full stop. QED.
      01-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #81
General
No_Country
Rep

Well have added vis pack, once you get the pricing changes (new total price & monthly delta), it becomes an obvious addition.

Booked my appointment to finalise order and agree a date for May.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #82
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well have added vis pack, once you get the pricing changes (new total price & monthly delta), it becomes an obvious addition.

Booked my appointment to finalise order and agree a date for May.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #83
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Off to dealers next week to hopefully finalise deal.

I can confirm I am going for the following.

330d xdrive
Estoril Blue
Black Dakota leather
Pro media
M sports plus pack
High beam assistance

Dropped the HUD as it puts me a little over where I want my monthly figure to be.

Will be a bit of a juggle for delivery date, as my current 320 is a lease from BMW.
That is due back June 17, however I am looking at handing it back 3rd week in May.
That means I can go on holiday with the new tourer.

Looks like 2 Christmas's this year.

Originally was wanting detailer in, however got the BMW protection thrown in price.

So next week I should be updating this with my 'Confirmed order and build'

Thanks for some excellent advice .
So, did you get to test drive a 330d? If so, did it live up to all the hype from us lot?
      01-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #84
moonshine
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 718 Boxster S

I’m toying with my spec at the moment as well.
The question is will the new Business Nav be good enough to mean i don’t go with Pro-nav?
At the moment, it is looking like

335Xd - f31 touring
Sports Auto, Glacier Silver, Black Dakota leather,Brushed aluminium interior with black trim.

Packs - Media Pro Nav, Interior Comfort, M Sport Plus, Viz Pack

Extras - HUD, Internet, EBT + Voice, Heated Front seats, Speed Limit

Toying with Panoramic sunroof
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:04 AM   #85
Arwmjc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive on order

Quote:
Ah right I get you now... Yeah I guess £55k full list for a 3 series is going to town!
Did you actually pay 55k or was that price b4 discount?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #86
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
The question is will the new Business Nav be good enough to mean i don’t go with Pro-nav?

335Xd - f31 touring
Sports Auto, Glacier Silver, Black Dakota leather,Brushed aluminium interior with black trim.

That's some amount of toying .

From what others have said, the radar cruise is god investment with the HUD.
Definitely the silver and not moonstone?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:57 AM   #87
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post

335Xd - f31 touring

Similar spec to me... I have the panoramic sunroof which has really helped avoid a gloomy interior- dark windows plus black interior plus tourer makes it very dark!

I also have memory seats, tow bar active cruise and adaptive suspension... All great!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #88
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwmjc View Post
Did you actually pay 55k or was that price b4 discount?
Full list, so not what I paid!
Appreciate 0