F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Studio RSR

09-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #705
MikeTbimmer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16-F10528i;09-E90335i;02-E46M3

Thanks Tony this was helpful! do you know if there is an updated version to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Tokenmaster's free E-Sys Launcher Premium is a great tool for using E-sys. Unfortunately, the E-sys .est token file that is created by the Launcher is only valid within a limited timeframe. Outside this timeframe, the Launcher won't start properly and you can't do FDL-coding in E-sys anymore. Reverting the system time back to within the timeframe results in an error 'Date manipulation detected', endless loops where it keeps asking for a pin, or even app-crashes.

Until now.....

I wrote a script that rearms/resets the Launcher and predates several important Windows system folders, so that the system time CAN be reverted. This also unlocks the possibility to switch chassis whenever you like, so no need to wait for 3 days anymore. Simply extract the package and run the batch-file with elevated privileges ('as administrator'). The latest package can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#F!DRFxVTRS!ufLV3tJ5c5JfCpftR4H5nw

Tested in Windows 10/7 on Launcher 2.5.3 and higher. Older versions might also work. No need for Virtual Machines anymore to keep using the Launcher!

Happy coding everyone! Please donate to a charity if you like the software!

--------
Tony Twoclicks

UPDATE 07/04/2019:
Version 2.0.4 is out!
Added intelligent file/folder redating to prevent issues related to irrelevant Launcher versions.
Changed error checking to display warning instead of fatal error in some cases, enhancing the chance of a working Launcher even if ideal conditions are not met.

UPDATE 01/03/2019:
Version 2.0.0 is out!
Almost totally rewritten, the first major update with lots of new features:
  • Support for UNC-path execution: the script will now run from anywhere, even network drives.
  • Dynamic resolution of file/folder locations instead of assuming defaults: no more problems with redating relocated folders or non-standard system configurations.
  • E-sys installation files and folders are now redated to prevent C157 "EST file manipulated" error in E-sys.
  • E-sys soft-token path is cleared from E-sys configuration to prevent token errors due to previous installations.
  • Extensive error checking to improve reliability and provide better feedback to the user.
  • User interface colors to reflect Rearm status at a glance.
  • Improved Readme.txt with sections for better readability and overview of Frequently Asked Questions (and answers).
UPDATE 01/01/2019:
Version 1.7.0 "Happy New Year edition" is out! Added support for Launcher 2.8.2.

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 03:05 AM   #706
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTbimmer View Post
Thanks Tony this was helpful! do you know if there is an updated version to this?
There are currently no plans for updating the Rearm script as Tokenmaster has ceased development of the free Premium line of Launchers. He does occasionally bring out revived editions of the old PRO line (V2.8.2) which you can use for free without support. More info here: http://tokenmaster.blogspot.com/2019...r-pro-282.html

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 05:01 AM   #707
DreckSoft
Rep
Drives: F20

There is a patched version of a patched version 3.4 out there but it seems to ask for the google authenticator code after a certain date. Maybe that would be a reason for a new script?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 06:09 AM   #708
DreckSoft
Rep
Drives: F20

I've created a new version that works with the loader for the loader for the Launcher Pro 3.4.

It should NOT be used with any other version as I changed the date the files will be set to.

Use 2020-06-19 as system date.
Attached Files
File Type: zip E-Sys Launcher Premium Rearm 2.0.5.zip (198.7 KB, 452 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #709
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

In support of the good cause of Tokenmaster's initiative to make his paid PRO Launchers available as 'donationware' for charities, I've once pledged not to mess with the PRO launchers as they are normally not free.

Therefore I can not support nor condone your modification to my script.

Having that said, I think it can be confusing for people that you've increased the version number to 2.0.5. This could possibly suggest that I've updated the script, while in fact it should reflect that you've made a modification to the 2.0.4 version of it. So if you are going to release it in public, I suggest you change the version to something like "2.0.4-mod 1.0" for example (and remove the word Premium as that's about the free Launchers).

Cheers,

----------
Tony TwoClicks
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #710
Eisbaer Lars
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E65 750i; F10 550ix sedan

Sent money to Tokenmasters preferred organisation but got never the Launcher version - so what can/should I do now?
Use DreckSoft 's linked program?

@Tony Twoclicks
Which program should be used now?
Can you help?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 07:55 AM   #711
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LdkE View Post
Sent money to Tokenmasters preferred organisation but got never the Launcher version - so what can/should I do now?
Use DreckSoft 's linked program?

@Tony Twoclicks
Which program should be used now?
Can you help?
I'm sorry to hear that your transaction with Tokenmaster didn't work out. Unfortunately, a growing stack of similar stories can be found on this and other forums. I don't condone that either. The problem is that as long as no other skilled programmers stand up to develop their own solution, he is basically controlling the market and can do whatever he likes. I assume you've already tried contacting him and ask about it (in a nice and polite way)?

I can't tell you what to do next. It seems a lot of people are migrating to smartphone apps like Bimmercode, which is a shame I think. I always liked E-sys and I believe it's still the de facto standard when it comes to comprehensive coding.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #712
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
I'm sorry to hear that your transaction with Tokenmaster didn't work out. Unfortunately, a growing stack of similar stories can be found on this and other forums. I don't condone that either. The problem is that as long as no other skilled programmers stand up to develop their own solution, he is basically controlling the market and can do whatever he likes. I assume you've already tried contacting him and ask about it (in a nice and polite way)?

I can't tell you what to do next. It seems a lot of people are migrating to smartphone apps like Bimmercode, which is a shame I think. I always liked E-sys and I believe it's still the de facto standard when it comes to comprehensive coding.

Cheers, Tony
There are E-Sys alternatives to E-Sys Launcher such as:

E-SysX:
https://esysx.com/product/esysx-32-64-bit/

ESysPlus:
http://www.bmwai.com/Item/ESysPlus/

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 12:33 PM   #713
reedstec
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Bit new to this and trying to fathom why way through things.
If I don't have an .est token, how do I get one?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #714
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedstec View Post
Bit new to this and trying to fathom why way through things.
If I don't have an .est token, how do I get one?
Asked and answered:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=249

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0