F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 2017 328d Fuel System Replacement
Extreme Powerhouse

09-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #45
cipolz
Rep
Drives: 2002 530i 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipolz View Post
Finally talked to my service advisor. Heís pretty sure itís the same issue, but said they couldnít confirm the diagnosis until Tuesday though since they needed to run further testing. If correct this would be only the second time that theyíve seen a repeat failure... and that I would have a strong case with Bmw for a lemon claim considering how long these repairs take. Weíll see, whatís certain is that Iíll be driving a loaner for a while.
Got email today confirming that BMW NA will repurchase my vehicle.
The devil's in the details though, we'll see what kind of offer they come back with...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #46
GingerPilotGuy
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 328d xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 328d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipolz View Post
Got email today confirming that BMW NA will repurchase my vehicle.
The devil's in the details though, we'll see what kind of offer they come back with...
Any update with your offer or what ended up happening with you car?

I haven't been on this thread for a while and didn't see the amount of activity on here in the last year and a bit. I'm happy to hear that BMW has been dealing with these HPFP issues out of warranty. It was one of my biggest fears seeing as I am now driving outside of warranty coverage. Here's hoping the transfer case holds it's own down the line....

On another note, can anyone recommend any specific additives for gas up here in Canada? I try to use Shell V-Power Diesel whenever I can since they claim to have better lubricants in their fuel. Car seems to run smoother while operating on their fuel as well...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #47
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Mine went on me this last week. Left me stranded waiting for tow truck. Fuel pump went and apparently metal pieces spewed into entire fuel system requiring lots of parts to be replaced under warranty as car just has 40,000 miles on it. Serviced properly and regular. Car has been very well maintained and taken care of. This fuel pump problem got me worried and not I just want to hand back keys when lease is over. Next time who knows what goes. Catalytic converter or some other emissions issue pops up and this will be quite costly.
Appreciate 0