F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Joe A is more famous
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #23
Tengocity
Lieutenant General
Tengocity's Avatar
Scotland
4988
Rep
17,259
Posts

Drives: M4 CP/330e/Boxster S
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oxfordshire and Scotland sometimes

iTrader: (0)

How long till they use someone else's in car dash camera footage, and a similar process, to charge random folk with speeding?

Any of us with high performance cars could have this done to us, following an overtake for example, or even just in the motorway. Plenty places now for people to upload this footage, not sure it even needs Facebook or YouTube.
__________________
Current: 2018 M4 Competition, 2016 F30 330e MSport
Gone...Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #24
dopper99
Lieutenant General
England
2942
Rep
10,773
Posts

Drives: Golf R 2019
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
I would be more concerned that they posted his home address, not hard to find where he lives, I value my privacy and it wouldn't be difficult to find his house given he often starts videos there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5728...7i16384!8i8192

Not too difficult, even see the BMW
Out of interest that big house is not his house. People have mentioned that before in his YouTube comments and he’s said it’s his next door neighbours house. They let him park there and do filming.
He lives in one of the cottages next the pub. You can see it on his earlier vids.

He also mentioned he shares the pub car park and had someone drive into his M2 there. Again another one of his vids.
__________________

Current:
Golf R 2019
Previous:
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 1
OneExtra557.50

      10-22-2019, 12:55 PM   #25
Kal101
Major General
Kal101's Avatar
United Kingdom
2723
Rep
6,550
Posts

Drives: 335xd Msport +
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West mids!!!!

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
How long till they use someone else's in car dash camera footage, and a similar process, to charge random folk with speeding?

Any of us with high performance cars could have this done to us, following an overtake for example, or even just in the motorway. Plenty places now for people to upload this footage, not sure it even needs Facebook or YouTube.
Already being done or in the pipeline


Believe there is ( or in the process of being) set up a website where you can upload your in car footage showing inappropriate behaviour for plod to act upon.

All a bit draconian big brother to me.

On an aside doesnít the equipment etc need to appropriately calibrated and homologated to prove an offence ?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #26
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
8038
Rep
17,252
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Joes got almost as many points as United this season! (I'm a fan and allowed to )
__________________
BMW X3 M40d Performance Auto
Sophisto Grey Metallic with Oyster Leather
Comfort Package + M Sport Plus Package + Technology Package
Appreciate 1
1 AKY292.00

      10-22-2019, 01:21 PM   #27
Broncho
Brigadier General
Broncho's Avatar
England
1330
Rep
3,837
Posts

Drives: Chav white Mercedes
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rainhill

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Joes got almost as many points as United this season! (I'm a fan and allowed to )
Judging by the way he drives heíll have more by the end of the season...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #28
Cherry2.0
Private
57
Rep
81
Posts

Drives: 2015 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

It does look like a fun road.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #29
Broncho
Brigadier General
Broncho's Avatar
England
1330
Rep
3,837
Posts

Drives: Chav white Mercedes
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rainhill

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry2.0 View Post
It does look like a fun road.
Iíve driven it a few times, went once on a a PistonHeads meet, my God there were some bellends there driving very badly, probably over excited at meeting people from the internet.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #30
simes205
Enlisted Member
simes205's Avatar
United Kingdom
1
Rep
31
Posts

Drives: 320D F31 Msport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Surrey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris-wf View Post
Just been reading on it too, apparently they used google earth pro and divided the video into 11 sections based on landmarks or signs and then calculated the time between sections from the video. I didn't think they were doing such things but I'm sure there are other you tubers who will be thinking now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris-wf View Post
Just been reading on it too, apparently they used google earth pro and divided the video into 11 sections based on landmarks or signs and then calculated the time between sections from the video. I didn't think they were doing such things but I'm sure there are other you tubers who will be thinking now.
God they must have had time to do that.
I was knocked off my bike in a hit and run in south London (the home of cctv) early this year, broken collarbone etc.... police said they were unable to trace the vehicle.
__________________
E91 320D Msport
205 Mi16 on Jenvey throttle bodies
Vespa250gtsie
Honda NC30
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #31
Broncho
Brigadier General
Broncho's Avatar
England
1330
Rep
3,837
Posts

Drives: Chav white Mercedes
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rainhill

iTrader: (0)

Somebody / some people probably grassed him up just because.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #32
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
8038
Rep
17,252
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Somebody / some people probably grassed him up just because.
Riaz.
__________________
BMW X3 M40d Performance Auto
Sophisto Grey Metallic with Oyster Leather
Comfort Package + M Sport Plus Package + Technology Package
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 03:58 AM   #33
RobUK
Brigadier General
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
1460
Rep
3,939
Posts

Drives: 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'd agree, someone probably alerted the police to the video as I doubt they have time to sit and trawl through YouTube looking for offenders.

Fair play to him for taking it on the chin.
__________________
Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 04:18 AM   #34
OneExtra
Major
United Kingdom
558
Rep
1,403
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5 Competition Pack
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
I'd agree, someone probably alerted the police to the video as I doubt they have time to sit and trawl through YouTube looking for offenders.

Fair play to him for taking it on the chin.
What choice did he have he was guilty like 99% of us when caught speeding, there is no fair play about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 04:32 AM   #35
RobUK
Brigadier General
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
1460
Rep
3,939
Posts

Drives: 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
What choice did he have he was guilty like 99% of us when caught speeding, there is no fair play about it.
You misunderstand me, "taking it on the chin" means just that, he didn't make a song and dance about it. I am not questioning his guilt, I am alluding to his behaviour on being caught. Sometimes when people are caught they'll make excuses or complain about some unfairness or other (rightly or wrongly). I gather he didn't.
__________________
Life is a state of mind

Last edited by RobUK; 10-23-2019 at 04:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
OneExtra557.50

      10-23-2019, 05:22 AM   #36
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
5075
Rep
9,285
Posts

Drives: G11 740d xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Somebody / some people probably grassed him up just because.
Defo this, I mean how else would the police know? It's not like he publishes videos of his driving to the entire world is it
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 1
OneExtra557.50

      10-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #37
Broncho
Brigadier General
Broncho's Avatar
England
1330
Rep
3,837
Posts

Drives: Chav white Mercedes
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Rainhill

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Somebody / some people probably grassed him up just because.
Defo this, I mean how else would the police know? It's not like he publishes videos of his driving to the entire world is it
They'll all be getting their collar felt very soon then..
__________________
2015 F30 330d M Sport S Drive, 2013 F30 320d M Sport S Drive, 2006 Z4M Roadster, 2007 E90 325i M Sport, 2005 Honda S2000 GT, 2001 Honda S2000, 2002 E46 318ci SE and loads of other stuff.
Appreciate 1
Wills25075.00

      10-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #38
Wills2
Barge driver
Wills2's Avatar
United Kingdom
5075
Rep
9,285
Posts

Drives: G11 740d xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
They'll all be getting their collar felt very soon then..
If the evidence presents itself as it did in the this case (the ability to work out the speed to the extent that it stands up in court) then yes many could be done.

It's quite easy to make examples of people whilst sat in the police station rather than going out there to find and catch them as they are offering the evidence up proactively to plod.
__________________
G11 740d xdrive/Z4C, Gone F80 M3/F10 M5/F31 335d/e92 M3 x 2/F10 520d x 2/997 C2S/e46 M3/e46 320d/SL320/Touareg 3.2V6/Audi allroad 2.7TDi
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #39
mikeoz
Brigadier General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
1041
Rep
3,345
Posts

Drives: BMW F31 330d M Sport+
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
If the evidence presents itself as it did in the this case (the ability to work out the speed to the extent that it stands up in court) then yes many could be done.

It's quite easy to make examples of people whilst sat in the police station rather than going out there to find and catch them as they are offering the evidence up proactively to plod.
Its the Home Offices dream this one...self reporting. Start cutting Traffic cops again now...
Appreciate 1
Wills25075.00

      10-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #40
g9icy
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 435d Gran Coupe MSport xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

I don't know the road he was caught on but I bet it doesn't need to be a 50. There's so many roads near me now with overly cautious speed limits it's rediculous.

Obligatory "Not condoning speeding" comment etc but really, we're far too overly cautious here and I'd argue most limits could go up 10mph except certain exceptions, such as outside schools and so on.

There's a duel carriageway past Wrexham with a 50mph limit on it, just for "emissions", which makes no sense to me and boils my blood every time I have to trundle along at 50mph. Imagine owning a tesla and having to go 50mph because of 'emissions'.

Anyway, rant over. Don't speed kids.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #41
isleaiw1
Brigadier General
1844
Rep
4,172
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g9icy View Post
I don't know the road he was caught on but I bet it doesn't need to be a 50. There's so many roads near me now with overly cautious speed limits it's rediculous.



Anyway, rant over. Don't speed kids.
It has decent straight bits followed by sharp bends. It has a decent share of slow moving vehicles so you are either likely to come up behind one or meet someone nipping past one. And if you go off the road, its a ditch, a stone wall, a steep hill....

In the old days before it was a 50 I would probably have gone along a tad faster. I might possibly have scared myself on it more than once. It also attracts a lot of bikes and there are more than the fair share of fatalities along it....

Yep, it could be 10mph higher but for once I can see why it isnt....
Appreciate 1
1 AKY292.00

      10-23-2019, 11:30 AM   #42
g9icy
Second Lieutenant
80
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 435d Gran Coupe MSport xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
It has decent straight bits followed by sharp bends. It has a decent share of slow moving vehicles so you are either likely to come up behind one or meet someone nipping past one. And if you go off the road, its a ditch, a stone wall, a steep hill....

In the old days before it was a 50 I would probably have gone along a tad faster. I might possibly have scared myself on it more than once. It also attracts a lot of bikes and there are more than the fair share of fatalities along it....

Yep, it could be 10mph higher but for once I can see why it isnt....
That's fair enough then.

How are you finding the M5? Must surely be frustrating going the speed limit in a car that handles tha well?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #43
isleaiw1
Brigadier General
1844
Rep
4,172
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g9icy View Post
That's fair enough then.

How are you finding the M5? Must surely be frustrating going the speed limit in a car that handles tha well?
Speed limits are frustrating, traffic is frustrating, but more frustrating than all that is not really having the opportunity to drive it other than in a straight line on a busy M1!

Hoping to get out in it this weekend - might venture out into the Peak District....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 12:10 PM   #44
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
8038
Rep
17,252
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

You tubers will need a disclaimer at the start of videos saying certain scenes are speeded up and not in real time.

This and the obligatory blurred speedo probably cuts any follow up off?
__________________
BMW X3 M40d Performance Auto
Sophisto Grey Metallic with Oyster Leather
Comfort Package + M Sport Plus Package + Technology Package
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST