F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Things You DO Like About The 3/4 Series
Studio RSR

03-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #45
GSAL55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 2016 340i xDrive Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinweiss 335i View Post
You mean good thing we aren't in the M135i, M235i, M3, M4, M5, M6 forum?

LOL TOUCHE!!!!!!!!!
MEDITERRANEAN BLUE METALLIC W/ BLACK NEVADA LEATHER & OYSTER HIGHLIGHT | SPORT PACKAGE | SPORT AUTOMATIC | HARMAN KARDON | PREMIUM PACKAGE | TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE | DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE | LIGHTING PACKAGE | CARBON FIBER M SPORT LIP SPOILER | BLACK KIDNEY GRILLES | BADGES OFF
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #46
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Drove my wife and daughter to a birthday party in comfort mode. Dropped them off and put it in sport plus and had so much fun on the way back!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:40 AM   #47
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Drove to the NYIAS and back in my f30. 5 hour round trip including city traffic. Took the back roads all the way to NYC (hate the I-95).

The car handles and drives great! I am just completely shocked here, but the base suspension on my xDrive M-Sport drives and handles awesome! Driving on the shitty roads of NYC reminded of how well balanced it is as a total package. It really does a great job of dampening and soaking up those imperfections and potholes we have in the northeast. And not even 20 minutes later, taking back road twisties at 60 or 70MPH and loading up the steering and suspension is no problem whatsoever. The main difference between the base suspension (taller car with more suspension travel) is that you have to give it a moment or so to load the suspension and then you can get really aggressive. You can't just snap it in different directions and expect it to respond as sharply as do the more sporty suspensions with less body roll and less travel. It is not as quick to respond, but once it does it is very comparable to the sport suspension in my experience. That and the ride height and firmness comprise maybe 80% of the differences in daily driving IMO. Not a bad compromise at all.

Haven't had a base suspension in a while, and I have to say I am very impressed.

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 04-25-2014 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #48
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Not much to say that hasn't been said, but here goes:

1. Transmission - best auto I have driven hands down. Coming from a manual car for commuting, so much nicer here in Bay Area traffic.
2. Sport Package - I love the look of the Sport 18s with the slight drop of the M suspension. Sport seats are great and the thicker steering wheel and black chrome exhaust tips are nice touches.
3. Rear seat room - Our other car is a Q7 which is overkill for most around town trips with the fam. It's nice to have plenty of space for the fam or 4 adults.
4. HUD - I might not have ordered this, but am very glad to have it. Will likely save me many tickets over the coming years.
5. Power of the N26 - really it's the low end torque combined with the tranny, but this is a great motor. I had reservations of a 4-cyl in a 3-series. No more.
6. Fuel economy - After averaging 15 around town in our Q7 it's nice to drive spirited and still get mid-20s. The highway mileage is ridiculous. Hard to get less than mid-30s at 80MPH.
7. Ride - comfortable when cruising, firm and stable when pushed
8. Looks - coming from a WRX - an admittedly homely car - I love the elegant lines of the F30. Looks good from all angles too. Makes the A4 look dated and homely in comparison.
9. Heated seats - nice for winter mornings.

Jimbo
Appreciate 0