F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 435d xdrive staggered 1.1%
Extreme Powerhouse

10-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F33 4 series 435 Xdrive

435d xdrive staggered 1.1%

Hi peeps I recently well not exactly recently August to be exact picked up a 435d xdrive with staggered 225/35/20 275/30/20 tyres. I’ve been reading up on the 1% maximum tolerance and xdrive issues and mine come at 1.1%. Should I be concerned.

Sorry if I’ve posted this twice but no answer in the general forums. maybe someone in the UK like me could shed some light

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Technically it's on the limit but it should be OK. That's a very staggered setup though - you might want to go for more of a F/R balance of tyre sizes next time to help dial-out any understeer.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffijaffa View Post
Hi peeps I recently well not exactly recently August to be exact picked up a 435d xdrive with staggered 225/35/20 275/30/20 tyres. I’ve been reading up on the 1% maximum tolerance and xdrive issues and mine come at 1.1%. Should I be concerned.

Sorry if I’ve posted this twice but no answer in the general forums. maybe someone in the UK like me could shed some light

Thanks in advance
The car should have 255/30/20 tyres fitted to the rear ideally as that is the OEM requirements as per the sticker in the door aperture. Having the wrong size tyres fitted to the car could result in diff or xDrive issues in remote cases.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #4
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the info. I did wonder why when I got the car .I’ll change the fronts .. again cheers for the advice.
It’s my first BM and new to the xdrive ..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
archerz
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I did wonder why when I got the car .I’ll change the fronts .. again cheers for the advice.
could always disable it by using xdelete
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 01:50 AM   #6
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
The fronts are right, it’s the rears I’d change as these are the wrong size.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #7
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

You may need to double check the wheel sizes first, my car was bought with 225's on the fronts and 275's at the rear, and i later found out the wheel sizes were slightly wider than oem, which are usually 8J at the front and 8.5J at the rear, mine turned out to be 9J and 9.5J, i just changed the fronts to 235's which puts it under 1 and very good combination for the transfer box.
Out of interest where did you get your car ?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:25 AM   #8
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
You may need to double check the wheel sizes first, my car was bought with 225's on the fronts and 275's at the rear, and i later found out the wheel sizes were slightly wider than oem, which are usually 8J at the front and 8.5J at the rear, mine turned out to be 9J and 9.5J, i just changed the fronts to 235's which puts it under 1 and very good combination for the transfer box.
Somewhere by eggington
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 06:36 AM   #9
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I forgot to mention I’ll have a look at the rims, once I’m back on dry land. As I work at sea
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Somewhere by eggington
Near Derby ?, i only asked, as you get many a garage that buy the cars standard then put all these kits on, i bought mine from one of these garages, which most of the time isn't a problem, they just don't always put exact copies size wise on the vehicles, and are probably very ignorant of some of the potential issues they could cause afterwards. you just don't realise this until you start reading lots of different stuff on this forum !!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #11
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Near Derby ?, i only asked, as you get many a garage that buy the cars standard then put all these kits on, i bought mine from one of these garages, which most of the time isn't a problem, they just don't always put exact copies size wise on the vehicles, and are probably very ignorant of some of the potential issues they could cause afterwards. you just don't realise this until you start reading lots of different stuff on this forum !!
Was a car supermarket place premiere I think it was called ... the manager was a twat tbh but I fell I love with the 435d convertible. A couple of bits of trim etc to sort but overall a good deal for the mileage late a late 64 plate with only 64000 on the clock with full service history up till 2018 and quite a nice few options.
Going from a 2 litre Audi A5 to my first BM at 3 litre was mental.
Straight onto the upgrades tho with it, full surround view, inc reverse camera which was a piece of piss to retrofit and easy to source parts. Also fitted the 6WB digi cluster I got that from Georgia so probably nicked to order.. Next is the park assist as I’ve got all the bits for about 150 quid believe it or not.
Just sourced the rear brembro callipers cheap as the fronts were brembro but not painted and the rears were the normal ones, so that to do as well.
After tinkering with the old A5 I realised SH Audi parts are a total rip off plus the component protection was a sod to get removed on ECU’s.
The BM is a dream to FDL code with ESYS and parts dirt cheap; if you spend all evening on eBay looking for the underpriced bargains.
Alloys to refurb but it’s coming together nicely. Keeps me out of trouble when home tinkering etc.
Going back to when I purchased it, yea! your right they shove any shit on to get it sold but luckily enough there’s here to help me.
I’m grateful for all the help
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #12
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Was a car supermarket place premiere I think it was called ... the manager was a twat tbh but I fell I love with the 435d convertible. A couple of bits of trim etc to sort but overall a good deal for the mileage late a late 64 plate with only 64000 on the clock with full service history up till 2018 and quite a nice few options.
Straight onto the upgrades tho with it, full surround view, inc reverse camera which was a piece of piss to retrofit and easy to source parts. Also fitted the 6WB digi cluster I got that from Georgia so probably nicked to order.. Next is the park assist as I’ve got all the bits for about 150 quid believe it or not.
Just sourced the rear brembro callipers cheap as the fronts were brembro but not painted and the rears were the normal ones, so that to do as well.
After tinkering with the old A5 I realised SH Audi parts are a total rip off plus the component protection was a sod to get removed on ECU’s.
The BM is a dream to FDL code with ESYS and parts dirt cheap; if you spend all evening on eBay looking for the underpriced bargains.
Alloys to refurb but it’s coming together nicely. Keeps me out of trouble when home tinkering etc.
Going back to when I purchased it, yea! your right they shove any shit on to get it sold but luckily enough there’s here to help me.
Sounds like its going to be a wicked motor, impressed with the surround view, didn't realise you could do that with them, i did the rear view camera (well got someone to fit it for me, who did say it was very easy) would have loved the surround view as well, just didn't know you could do it !!
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #13
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like its going to be a wicked motor, impressed with the surround view, didn't realise you could do that with them, i did the rear view camera (well got someone to fit it for me, who did say it was very easy) would have loved the surround view as well, just didn't know you could do it !!
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun
Yup surround view easy peesy.. instructions are on this site
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 06:52 AM   #14
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks good mate, but far too complicated for a simpleton like myself, hope it goes well, send us a pic or two when its done
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #15
jeffijaffa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looks good mate, but far too complicated for a simpleton like myself, hope it goes well, send us a pic or two when its done
Will do
Appreciate 0