F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Activating ConnectedDrive
GetBMWParts

01-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #23
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

BeemerNewbie box of chocs or flowers coming your way I think. Good of BLANK to reply at least.
      01-07-2015, 01:38 PM   #24
Ahmed_uk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimy View Post
I don't think that has any relation to ConnectedDrive.

This is more likely something to do with CD, does it display track titles when playing from the original CD?
The original CD displays the same, unknown artists etc. I presumed this was linked with connected drive as the gracenote database probably needed updating or connecting accordingly.

When you put an original CD does it display the track name, artist name and image for you?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #25
vimy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_uk View Post
The original CD displays the same, unknown artists etc. I presumed this was linked with connected drive as the gracenote database probably needed updating or connecting accordingly.

When you put an original CD does it display the track name, artist name and image for you?
You can display the track information but it depends how the music was burned onto the CD....
If its a standard Audio CD (70mins runtime) then you should be able to see Album, Artist & Title providing CD-Text was also burned also.
If you are using Data CD (A CD consisting of just music files e.g. .mp3, .m4a) then you should be able to see the above as well as the artwork providing the ID3 tags was embedded with each file. (I have not tested this, so if someone could verify)

It looks like the CD you ripped from doesn't contain no track data hence why the ripped copies don't either.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #26
Ahmed_uk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimy View Post
You can display the track information but it depends how the music was burned onto the CD....
If its a standard Audio CD (70mins runtime) then you should be able to see Album, Artist & Title providing CD-Text was also burned also.
If you are using Data CD (A CD consisting of just music files e.g. .mp3, .m4a) then you should be able to see the above as well as the artwork providing the ID3 tags was embedded with each file. (I have not tested this, so if someone could verify)

It looks like the CD you ripped from doesn't contain no track data hence why the ripped copies don't either.
Thanks but its actually the original Ed Sheeran album I bought from the shops. I'll rip the album of the CD onto my laptop and see if it displays the name etc and get it transfered via USB. Just seems silly that an original CD isn't recognised properly.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #27
Merlinthemog
Rep
Drives: 430d M Sport

I picked up my first ever BMW on th 23rd and one of the things that attracted me to the car was Connected Drive - mainly for things like the app integration with my iPhone for apps like Spotify.

I'm finding it really frustrating that this isn't working yet. It's even more frustrating that BMW don't seem to have any timescales for a resolution.
I called the Connected Drive number and was basically told that they have no idea how long it'll take to get this fixed, and that it might be a matter of days or it might take a LONG time. That's really not good enough since its a feature they advertise in all their literature, and it's a feature I've paid for.
I'm also surprised that this hasn't been picked up by any media outlets considering that it sounds like it's affecting all new BMWs at the moment.
(Maybe we should tell someone!)

Hey BeemerNewbie did you get any kind of response from the customer service rep?
Other than this, my car is fantastic, but it feels like BMW are doing a very poor job of handling this - especially since it's affecting brand new car owners and it's not a very nice welcome to the brand.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 02:21 AM   #28
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Got car Wednesday & did the online registration for the connected drive.

It was working in the car this morning.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #29
BeemerNewbie
Rep
Drives: F30 320d XDrive Sport

Hey All

So over the past couple of days ive been battling with the head of customer services UK as I was passed to her by the CEO. Essentially she hasn't told me anything that we do not already know. The only thing thats different is that it has been raised to the highest level in Munich and they are on it. It is only affecting certain cars so not all, but it is global.

She did also utter the words maybe it will get fixed in the next couple of days, but I doubt that.

Anyways I said that I would connect with her next week for an update.

Ill keep you all updated.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:29 AM   #30
BeemerNewbie
Rep

Hey Guys

Just had an e-mail from BMW. Please see below (with the usual blanks):

Dear BeemerNewbie - haha

Thank you for time on the phone today and once again our apologies for the delay your experiencing with the Connected Drive function.

I am pleased to advise I’ve received an update a short while ago confirming this functionality with be updated and operational within the next 7 days.

As an apology for the inconvenience caused I’ve arranged to place a £200 credit on account with Sytner Sunningdale for your use towards either servicing, maintenance or accessories. I hope this goes some way towards restoring your faith in the BMW brand.

If I can assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #31
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerNewbie View Post
Hey Guys

Just had an e-mail from BMW. Please see below (with the usual blanks):

Dear BeemerNewbie - haha

Thank you for time on the phone today and once again our apologies for the delay your experiencing with the Connected Drive function.

I am pleased to advise I’ve received an update a short while ago confirming this functionality with be updated and operational within the next 7 days.

As an apology for the inconvenience caused I’ve arranged to place a £200 credit on account with Sytner Sunningdale for your use towards either servicing, maintenance or accessories. I hope this goes some way towards restoring your faith in the BMW brand.

If I can assist with anything in the future please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards
A good result then.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #32
Barrywhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d

Lets hope they offer the same level of compensation to all customers experiencing issues.

Between BMW ConnectedDrive and Sony PSN I've not been able to play with any of my new toys over Christmas
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #33
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrywhite View Post
Lets hope they offer the same level of compensation to all customers experiencing issues.

Between BMW ConnectedDrive and Sony PSN I've not been able to play with any of my new toys over Christmas
They probably will. However it depends on if someone takes the effort to complain correctly.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #34
Occean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1 series

I just had an email back from BMW

"I can confirm that we have been advised all vehicles will be remotely updated by Monday evening and as such the Connected Drive will function within your vehicle. I would like to apologise for the delay and for any disappointment this has caused."
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #35
Merlinthemog
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
They probably will. However it depends on if someone takes the effort to complain correctly.
Can anyone suggest the best way to complain? - what email/phone number should I use?
I've just had another very frustrating call with someone on the connected drive services number where they told me they still have no idea how long it is going to take to fix the problem and that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me. The lady was very apologetic though...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #36
BeemerNewbie
Rep

Let me ping an e-mail back to my contact see if she is happy with me putting her e-mail out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #37
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinthemog View Post
Can anyone suggest the best way to complain? - what email/phone number should I use?
I've just had another very frustrating call with someone on the connected drive services number where they told me they still have no idea how long it is going to take to fix the problem and that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me. The lady was very apologetic though...
Usually it's a case of...

Sales manager.
Dealership head
BMW UK Customer Service
Just upward progression.

At all times being polite, sticking to facts, remind them they have a duty of care to the product you have purchased from them.
They have obligations with looking after customer and property, these days that includes, software / firmware type of things.
Always try to keep same story for each complaint, ask for names and quote them in correspondence.
Emails, phone calls and hard copy letters.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #38
Merlinthemog
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerNewbie View Post
Let me ping an e-mail back to my contact see if she is happy with me putting her e-mail out there.
Thanks BeemerNewbie - that would be really useful.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #39
Merlinthemog
Rep

Quote:
Usually it's a case of...

Sales manager.
Dealership head
BMW UK Customer Service
Just upward progression.

At all times being polite, sticking to facts, remind them they have a duty of care to the product you have purchased from them.
They have obligations with looking after customer and property, these days that includes, software / firmware type of things.
Always try to keep same story for each complaint, ask for names and quote them in correspondence.
Emails, phone calls and hard copy letters.
Well the sales manager has been less than helpful (just insists that there's nothing they can do and that it's a Connected Drive services issue to resolve).
Upwards progression it is then...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #40
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinthemog View Post
Well the sales manager has been less than helpful (just insists that there's nothing they can do and that it's a Connected Drive services issue to resolve).
Upwards progression it is then...
This is what annoys me, they 'should' be championing your case.

Main thing is to ensure you have a ticket raised with customer services.

If there has been any negative impact for the issue, highlight that, saying how xxxx stopped you doing xxxx.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #41
Merlinthemog
Rep

Quote:
This is what annoys me, they 'should' be championing your case.

Main thing is to ensure you have a ticket raised with customer services.

If there has been any negative impact for the issue, highlight that, saying how xxxx stopped you doing xxxx.
Thanks for the advice Brigand. I'll let you know how I get on.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:01 AM   #42
Barrywhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occean View Post
I just had an email back from BMW

"I can confirm that we have been advised all vehicles will be remotely updated by Monday evening and as such the Connected Drive will function within your vehicle. I would like to apologise for the delay and for any disappointment this has caused."
I have just had my user details through - looks like you were right! I registered Dec 17th.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:15 AM   #43
Simert
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrywhite View Post
I have just had my user details through - looks like you were right! I registered Dec 17th.
I registered 22nd December and my connected drive started working today.

Not received the user details for the phone app, but I'm sure it's on its way.
I've contacted the dealer to resolve.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 05:18 AM   #44
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simert View Post
I registered 20th December and my connected drive started working today.

Not received the user details for the phone app, but I'm sure it's on its way.
I've contacted the dealer to resolve.

Simon. Mine activated a few days ago but didn't get any email or text.

Just called them on 0800 561 0555 & they did it straight away with text in before I'd hung up.

Changed password as prompted & after 2 attempts of failed log in error I,m now online .

Give them a call, much easier
Appreciate 0