F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Exhaust Pipe Size and Exhaust Cutout? 2018 330i B46
Extreme Powerhouse

07-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Djman603
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Vert BSM

Question Exhaust Pipe Size and Exhaust Cutout? 2018 330i B46

Originally, I was planning on doing a m performance bumper swap to get a 340i Remus exhaust, then add an intake, tune, and downpipe. After realizing that this would cost a fortune and it would have been better for me to simply purchase a 335i or 340i, I have had a change of opinion. Now, I am planning on getting a tune, intake, and downpipe as planned, however, instead of getting a full exhaust system that would retain my valves, I realized I should just get an electric or vacuum actuated exhaust cutout. I am planning on ordering one to arrive when I get back from out of state, however, I currently don’t know the pipe size of my exhaust midpipes. Does anyone have any information of the sizes of the pipes? Also, and I'm assuming this isn’t possible due to how the OEM valves operate and i’m not very tech savy, but would there be anyway for me to either hook up the cutout to my original valves (I saw a post where a guy just put a pipe from his mid pipe to the valved section of the muffler but I don’t know if this would even work on my car) or utilize some of that wiring to assist in the wiring of the cutout? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 05:28 PM   #2
Boundless46
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djman603 View Post
Originally, I was planning on doing a m performance bumper swap to get a 340i Remus exhaust, then add an intake, tune, and downpipe. After realizing that this would cost a fortune and it would have been better for me to simply purchase a 335i or 340i, I have had a change of opinion. Now, I am planning on getting a tune, intake, and downpipe as planned, however, instead of getting a full exhaust system that would retain my valves, I realized I should just get an electric or vacuum actuated exhaust cutout. I am planning on ordering one to arrive when I get back from out of state, however, I currently don’t know the pipe size of my exhaust midpipes. Does anyone have any information of the sizes of the pipes? Also, and I'm assuming this isn’t possible due to how the OEM valves operate and i’m not very tech savy, but would there be anyway for me to either hook up the cutout to my original valves (I saw a post where a guy just put a pipe from his mid pipe to the valved section of the muffler but I don’t know if this would even work on my car) or utilize some of that wiring to assist in the wiring of the cutout? Thanks.
The 330i B46 comes with 3" Oval Piping from factory, which is different than 3" Round Piping.
Appreciate 0