F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > 340i Saloon MPPSK - Mineral Grey - Massive spec
GetBMWParts

06-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #23
Slipperyshoe
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d, MP pack, ACS springs

Well done Nick. Gutted I wasn’t in position to purchase right now. Lovely car.
Appreciate 1
Nick34036.00
      06-02-2020, 02:25 PM   #24
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport (shadow edition)

Thanks Slipperyshoe. Would have been nice to sell it a member and someone nearby, but I would have been upset seeing you drive it around!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #25
tim_1983
Tim1983
Rep
Drives: F31 340i MPPSK

Do you mind if I ask if you got close to your asking price of £24k?
I've had my MPPSK touring up for sale for a few months on AT, and have had nothing via there other than private buyers generously offering me trade price!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #26
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep

AT buyer pulled out after trying to chip. In the end I sold it to a BMW dealer via Motorway.co.uk they offered £22k. They seem to be desperate for stock.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 06:39 PM   #27
Crazy_1201
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Apparently this car is damaged repaired on the drivers side according to a FB post by the potential buyer.

Can’t link the post but it’ on Facebook group: BMW Buy & Sell group! (official)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 01:17 AM   #28
tim_1983
Tim1983
Rep
Drives: F31 340i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick340 View Post
AT buyer pulled out after trying to chip. In the end I sold it to a BMW dealer via Motorway.co.uk they offered £22k. They seem to be desperate for stock.
Sorry to hear about your buyer, but glad to hear you got a good result in the end
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 04:38 AM   #29
Aaron187
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_1201 View Post
Apparently this car is damaged repaired on the drivers side according to a FB post by the potential buyer.

Can’t link the post but it’ on Facebook group: BMW Buy & Sell group! (official)
I also saw a similar post which was pointing to the AutoTrader advert on the BMW F3X group on Facebook too from a potential buyer...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #30
Crazy_1201
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Thank you for writing a comprehensive reply. Sorry to hear of your experience mate. I’m glad you’ve managed to sell it. I thought I’d mention it as it’ unfair to tarnish someone’ reputation for no reason.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 11:36 AM   #31
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_1201 View Post
Thank you for writing a comprehensive reply. Sorry to hear of your experience mate. I’m glad you’ve managed to sell it. I thought I’d mention it as it’ unfair to tarnish someone’ reputation for no reason.
Thanks mate. These things happen, all is well that ends well.

Last edited by Nick340; 06-05-2020 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #32
Aaron187
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Good on you and sorry to hear as I can imagine the atmosphere must've felt a bit dodgy. To be honest even with the guys replies on the Facebook page he seemed really ignorant and a bit defensive.

Glad you got it sold in the end and nonetheless a cracking car and spec
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 12:44 PM   #33
blueislander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron187 View Post
Quote:
Good on you and sorry to hear as I can imagine the atmosphere must've felt a bit dodgy. To be honest even with the guys replies on the Facebook page he seemed really ignorant and a bit defensive.

Glad you got it sold in the end and nonetheless a cracking car and spec
Been there and it isn't fun but I stood strong and told them to F off. This was for my old 1 coupe. Got the full "Ah mate this is scratched innit you had a smash yeah? I'll do you four grand less for a deal now".

Despite insisting on no more than two people he turned up with four others. Luckily I had a mate with me. It was all about crowding and coercion and trying to get me to sign it over like he was doing me a favour. I wasn't having any of it and I think he clocked it quickly and they left.

Turning up five deep in a totally knackered e46 had my antenna up immediately!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #34
M33DLO
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i MPPSK.

Seems like you put some serious effort into the sale, Nick, only to get some nob try it on..
These guys dont deserve our time but unfortunately we are passionate about the cars we sell, put the effort in and they try and take advantage..

Reall sorry to hear your story. And to then get the car slated on Facebook..! Absolute clowns.
Sounds just like that 'influencer; thread in the off topic.

I had the same a while back with a VX220. (literally the best example for sale at the time, at a great price)
Had numerous calls offering silly money, chancers telling me the obvious that it wasnt a Turbo etc etc.. Well no you nob, it's not.

Had a conversation with a guy who said if he turned up tmrw with the (lower than I said I'd accept) cash he can drive it away..
I said no, I'd take a deposit and he can have it 4 days later when my new car turns up.. (this fact was also clear on the advert) . 'well why are you selling it then mate if I cant buy it?'
He agreed after much grumbling and arrnaged to come the next day.

I got home early, washed it and got everything ready. I was already feeling like a complete mug, I knew this was going to go one way.
He turned up, with 2 mates.. Intimidatiing chavs.
I told him the deal, again, I wont let it go until 4 days time when my new car turns up, as previously agreed..
He then started waving the cash (still 2k under our agreed price) and telling me the car was not all that anyway etc etc.. etc...
He left in a hump with his chav mates in a shitty Vectra, I was pissed off.

In the end it went to an enthusiast for the correct, fair money.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #35
omegaelite32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Hearing stories like this and drawing from personal experience, I'm tempted to sell mine to the likes of motorway for trade price. They offered £18.5k
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:03 AM   #36
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medslow View Post
Seems like you put some serious effort into the sale, Nick, only to get some nob try it on..
These guys dont deserve our time but unfortunately we are passionate about the cars we sell, put the effort in and they try and take advantage..

Reall sorry to hear your story. And to then get the car slated on Facebook..! Absolute clowns.
Sounds just like that 'influencer; thread in the off topic.

I had the same a while back with a VX220. (literally the best example for sale at the time, at a great price)
Had numerous calls offering silly money, chancers telling me the obvious that it wasnt a Turbo etc etc.. Well no you nob, it's not.

Had a conversation with a guy who said if he turned up tmrw with the (lower than I said I'd accept) cash he can drive it away..
I said no, I'd take a deposit and he can have it 4 days later when my new car turns up.. (this fact was also clear on the advert) . 'well why are you selling it then mate if I cant buy it?'
He agreed after much grumbling and arrnaged to come the next day.

I got home early, washed it and got everything ready. I was already feeling like a complete mug, I knew this was going to go one way.
He turned up, with 2 mates.. Intimidatiing chavs.
I told him the deal, again, I wont let it go until 4 days time when my new car turns up, as previously agreed..
He then started waving the cash (still 2k under our agreed price) and telling me the car was not all that anyway etc etc.. etc...
He left in a hump with his chav mates in a shitty Vectra, I was pissed off.

In the end it went to an enthusiast for the correct, fair money.
Glad you sold it to the right person in the end.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 02:32 AM   #37
Nick340
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaelite32 View Post
Hearing stories like this and drawing from personal experience, I'm tempted to sell mine to the likes of motorway for trade price. They offered £18.5k
As I said in PM, see if you can get them up. Speak to the premium team, they are very good.

If not, hang in there, there is a decent buyer out there somewhere. Just might have to bide your time. And don't let Riaz from Birmingham near it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:17 AM   #38
Slipperyshoe
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

You have mail.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #39
Slipperyshoe
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperyshoe View Post
After all that I was lucky to get another bite and am now the new owner! Thanks Nick for a smooth sale. Another forum owner who takes exceptional care of his car.

Now for the mods! Can’t believe the LSD group buy was over in a day!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #40
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

Quote:
Quote:
After all that I was lucky to get another bite and am now the new owner! Thanks Nick for a smooth sale. Another forum owner who takes exceptional care of his car.

Now for the mods! Can’t believe the LSD group buy was over in a day!
How did that happen? Or should Nick340 elaborate?

Lovely example and great to keep it in the forum!
Appreciate 0