F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > 340i Saloon For Sale ~ SOLD
proTUNING Freaks

01-08-2022, 04:27 AM   #23
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
I think your price estimate is off. The car has not sold in 7 months. There are a couple of approved used cars around the age of this one at lower starting offers. I’d expect a bit of wiggle room on those prices too. WBAC comes in at £18.5k so you can gauge from there.

Not what you want to hear but sometimes a reality check helps. Sorry.
It’s a really nice spec and no doubt would be flying off the forecourt if advertised by a dealer. Ceramic coating is a nice bonus too, and throwing in a free service this month is an added touch.

However there’s a couple of sticky points which make it slightly harder to sell privately: new owner would be 5th owner, late service history, mot shows low rear tyres for two years in a row, large sum of money for a private sale.

£24k sounds reasonable in current markets given it’s spec
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2022, 05:09 AM   #24
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
It’s a really nice spec and no doubt would be flying off the forecourt if advertised by a dealer. Ceramic coating is a nice bonus too, and throwing in a free service this month is an added touch.

However there’s a couple of sticky points which make it slightly harder to sell privately: new owner would be 5th owner, late service history, mot shows low rear tyres for two years in a row, large sum of money for a private sale.

£24k sounds reasonable in current markets given it’s spec
Thanks for the insight, thankfully the low tyres were before my time with it It is in a weird spot I admit, it's probably the highest spec'd 340i at it's price point, but the downsides weigh it out in a few ways. Loads of people are 'saving' it on autotrader, at least that's what the stats tell me! I'm in no hurry so I've not been as aggressive with it's pricing and just waiting to see what happens basically.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 05:43 AM   #25
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Car is booked in for an oil service next weekend (found an actual Saturday slot as I work weekdays).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:17 AM   #26
Armaan
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Sport Remapped

It's also worth noting that WBAC does not account for any extras or factory options - aka poverty spec.

A private sale, autotrader and a dealer will add extra for the premium that this car will get. It's not badly priced, but most who would be prepared to spend the cash on what is a very high spec are reluctant to in the current market.

Used car pricing is just mad at the moment, great car though OP…I have Tanzanite Blue and it is one of the most desired colours.

Armaan
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2022, 05:33 AM   #27
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

An interesting note which completely flew through my mind was when I bought it had the 5 year service inclusive on it (1 year remaining) so it's completely mad that the first service was late!

Too bad it ran out 2 months before the Major service was due...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 06:03 PM   #28
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

It might be daft, but could it be that the dealer just didn't update the system? Might it be possible to see who supplied it, work out the dealer most likely to have done the service and see if they have any record of work done on the car?
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2022, 06:32 PM   #29
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
It might be daft, but could it be that the dealer just didn't update the system? Might it be possible to see who supplied it, work out the dealer most likely to have done the service and see if they have any record of work done on the car?
It is entirely possible, I can't see someone purchasing a service pack and not using it. With it being an SW plate, it's Aberdeen way. There is only one BMW dealer in Aberdeen at the moment, John Clark BMW. I could probably give it a shot when I have some time over the coming week, albeit it'll be a long shot. Given that it changed hands a few times, who is to say it stayed up there in time for the first service.

EDIT: Thought I'd check MOT locations and in 2019 before the first recorded service on the iDrive it was done in Warwick, so the car had already left Scotland before then. Going to check with BMW Customer Service to check if there are any unrecorded works they have on their system.

EDIT: After Asking BMW Customer service they only have the two on their system with the first being at Sytner Coventry which makes sense considering where the MOT was done. Probably going to give them a ring about it just to check what records they have of the vehicle.

Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 01-11-2022 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 03:54 AM   #30
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Updated price to 24k. I am unlikely to lower any further with the service being done and the sheer amount of options on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 05:31 AM   #31
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Oil service carried out. Annoyingly the dealership I had it done at wouldn't put it on the iDrive as I didn't also have the cabin microfilter done... I suppose that's my fault for not fully confirming before hand. I have the invoice at least to show that an oil service was carried out.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #32
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Sold
Appreciate 1
ar68149.00