F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > (F31) Official 3-Series Touring picture thread
proTUNING Freaks

10-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #1233
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
I love those wheels!
They're one of my favs. OEM 513m look right at home on these cars. They're going to be swapped for track duty soon though and I'm going to run 437m daily since I got a set for a really good deal.
I'm either going with a set of these or the new Forged Arc-8.
Appreciate 1
4 Doors1169.00
      10-06-2019, 02:55 AM   #1234
dadwagon
Long roofin'
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31

Excited to join this forum after being a long-time lurker. This thread has been great inspiration during my search for our new car.

Yesterday we finally pulled the trigger on our new family car, the Dad Wagon aka The Mom Bomb aka The Goon aka The Black LaGoon.

Luckily found this CPO 2017 Sapphire Black Metallic 330i at our local dealer, it has all the packages we wanted, the color was great, black leather with red stitching and ash grain interior trim. Ever since BMW axed the wagons I've been wanting to get my hands on a 2017/2018 330i xdrive, but wanted to wait until the right one popped up at the right time.

I will admit, I really wanted to get my hands on an M-sport package (especially seeing everyone's M-sport wagons in this thread) but nothing close by, and of course stupidly marked up if you can find one at all, locally. The front bumper is sweet, and I figured down the road after many road trips and rock chips and wear I will be able to convince myself to get the M-sport bumper (probably a rep ).

Here's how she sits today.

Already got some things lined up less than 24 hours into ownership:

- Scheduled to have the car get Matte black vinyl wrapped trim
- BMW dealership will be refinishing the wheels a slightly darker silver (part of the deal terms, since each wheel has some curb rash anyways)
- Ordered smoke side markers to replace the orange ones
- Ordered BMW oem roof rack (We ride bikes and go skiing a lot, plus... its not a wagon until it has a roof rack!)
- Soon to order the legacy black CA plate.

One thing I'm still deciding is if I want to vinyl wrap the little silver bit in the standard bumper... I decided I like the chrome grille surrounds for now, no blacking those out yet.

The Runflats still have 50-60% left, so even though they are not my favorite they will stay for now. The plan eventually will be to run the stock wheels with a all-season with good snow traction, and then get a dedicated summer wheel/tire setup.

I can't wait to share some more photos once things start being done.

Until then I will enjoy seeing what you guys have to share!

Last edited by dadwagon; 10-06-2019 at 03:03 AM..
Appreciate 5
scostu1621.00
FrankDK170.00
MSCD3184.50
      10-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #1235
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadwagon View Post
Excited to join this forum after being a long-time lurker. This thread has been great inspiration during my search for our new car.

Yesterday we finally pulled the trigger on our new family car, the Dad Wagon aka The Mom Bomb aka The Goon aka The Black LaGoon.

Luckily found this CPO 2017 Sapphire Black Metallic 330i at our local dealer, it has all the packages we wanted, the color was great, black leather with red stitching and ash grain interior trim. Ever since BMW axed the wagons I've been wanting to get my hands on a 2017/2018 330i xdrive, but wanted to wait until the right one popped up at the right time.

I will admit, I really wanted to get my hands on an M-sport package (especially seeing everyone's M-sport wagons in this thread) but nothing close by, and of course stupidly marked up if you can find one at all, locally. The front bumper is sweet, and I figured down the road after many road trips and rock chips and wear I will be able to convince myself to get the M-sport bumper (probably a rep ).

- BMW dealership will be refinishing the wheels a slightly darker silver (part of the deal terms, since each wheel has some curb rash anyways)
- Ordered BMW oem roof rack (We ride bikes and go skiing a lot, plus... its not a wagon until it has a roof rack!)

One thing I'm still deciding is if I want to vinyl wrap the little silver bit in the standard bumper... I decided I like the chrome grille surrounds for now, no blacking those out yet.

The Runflats still have 50-60% left, so even though they are not my favorite they will stay for now. The plan eventually will be to run the stock wheels with a all-season with good snow traction, and then get a dedicated summer wheel/tire setup.

Congrats! I have a non-M-sport 2017, too. Fun cars for sure, a hidden gem that surprises people all the time!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 10:33 AM   #1236
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
Quote:

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/6gzvG4j/IMG-2042.jpg[/IMG]

Looks great. Plenty to do if you want of course. The smoked reflectors will look great on black. Lots of windows... a like tint helps for sure. Not sure of CA rules! Dual slat grill?
For the interior the M Performance alcantara looks great, I got at a good price through Brian Keller at Sun Motors in PA...
Good luck and enjoy in good health!
      10-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #1237
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Quote:

Nice! And sorry (not sorry) for buying up all the SF Bay Area Msports.

Ours was delivered from San Fran to El Paso TX about 1 am last Monday morning. So far I’ve debadged it and driven it a bit, working on updating the maps. And scheduled it to go have the recall inspection in a couple weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MSCD3184.50
      10-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #1238
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Quote:

Ours was delivered from San Fran to El Paso TX about 1 am last Monday morning. So far I’ve debadged it and driven it a bit, working on updating the maps. And scheduled it to go have the recall inspection in a couple weeks.
Very nice! Are you updating maps from BMW or separate source?
      10-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #1239
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
2020-1 are out on web, just got a computer set up with e-sys so I can try coding and pulling the FSC. The e46 will become my sons once we get it’s issues resolved, blower motor, alternator (again!), lower rad hose temp sensor, and heater hose leak. And once he finds time to take the driver’s ed class.
Solid car though, redid the suspension and brakes last year, trans was fully rebuilt and new tc 3 years ago, and it has all the fun euro bits and coding.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 08:32 PM   #1240
dadwagon
Long roofin'
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post

Haha no worries, I don't blame ya! There was an Msport 2018 328d at my local dealer but they were asking 46.5k and we wanted the gas engine. In the end, buying a an Msport bumper and getting it painted down the road will have to do. The standard bumper has grown on me over time though...

What recall inspection do you speak of? What year is yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #1241
deviantspeed
poopycat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 330ixT

Quote:
Haha no worries, I don't blame ya! There was an Msport 2018 328d at my local dealer but they were asking 46.5k and we wanted the gas engine. In the end, buying a an Msport bumper and getting it painted down the road will have to do. The standard bumper has grown on me over time though...

What recall inspection do you speak of? What year is yours?

https://securelogin.bmwusa.com/login register now.

I think there's one more link if you have real time data/updates, too... I get them confused every now and then
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #1242
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
It’s a 2015 328d ( I wanted the mpg and video in motion) and they all have a recall for EGR. Since yours is 328i you have no worries.

Last edited by Onizukachan; 10-06-2019 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 01:14 AM   #1243
andino
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 328i xdrive

Finally got around to getting my 437m's on for daily driving. Very pleased with how they look as I wasn't 100% sold the the black/silver two tone on white. I was hunting for a long time to get a set in ferric grey but these came up for too good a price. They're a little bit rough but these are my new daily driving wheels so it'll be nice not to have to worry about damaging them more. Prob will get them refinished at some point in a new color but we'll see!

MSCD3184.50
BMW BRAD202.50
      10-07-2019, 09:05 AM   #1244
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Finally got around to getting my 437m's on for daily driving. Very pleased with how they look as I wasn't 100% sold the the black/silver two tone on white. I was hunting for a long time to get a set in ferric grey but these came up for too good a price. They're a little bit rough but these are my new daily driving wheels so it'll be nice not to have to worry about damaging them more. Prob will get them refinished at some point in a new color but we'll see!

Did you wrap your roof? I see the rear spoiler... got any photos. Love the stance!
      10-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #1245
andino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCD View Post
Did you wrap your roof? I see the rear spoiler... got any photos. Love the stance!
Just the spoiler for now. Its a replica 3d-design one in CF. Fit is okay but it was pretty cheap. I'd like to get the real one someday so that it fits a bit better and also matches my car.

MSCD3184.50
      10-07-2019, 10:41 AM   #1246
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Just the spoiler for now. Its a replica 3d-design one in CF. Fit is okay but it was pretty cheap. I'd like to get the real one someday so that it fits a bit better and also matches my car.

Nice. I was looking at the AC Schnitzer one before... gave up on the idea!
      10-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #1247
dadwagon
Long roofin'
Rep

andino - Are those OEM mud flaps? Maybe it's the angle but they look different than the oem one's I've seen. Great looking car!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #1248
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
andino - Are those OEM mud flaps? Maybe it's the angle but they look different than the oem one's I've seen. Great looking car!
OE visibly wraps around to the side, I dont believe there are two OE styles.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 07:49 PM   #1249
andino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
They're not OEM mudflaps. Just some universal ones I cut up to fit. I didn't like that the OEM ones wrap around the bumper edge. These get the job done and are a bit more minimal looking.
      10-07-2019, 07:56 PM   #1250
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agree - they're different to the OEM ones, nicer imo as they don't wrap around the side....
      10-07-2019, 10:05 PM   #1251
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

Quote:
Agree - they're different to the OEM ones, nicer imo as they don't wrap around the side....
I like OEM fit and finish but a bummer it sits on top of exterior paint.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 01:43 AM   #1252
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Quote:

wheres the fitment issue? any links to where you got it ?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #1253
andino
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrath View Post
wheres the fitment issue? any links to where you got it ?
Driver side isn't fully flush. The middle lifts a tiny bit so I'm going to redo how I glue it on eventually. Got it on ebay.
      10-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #1254
draggy
sucka for a longroof
Rep
Drives: F31

Quote:
Driver side isn't fully flush. The middle lifts a tiny bit so I'm going to redo how I glue it on eventually. Got it on ebay.
Looks pretty good but do you get a lot of crud that gets trapped in the groove between the two spoilers?
Appreciate 0