F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

04-11-2020, 08:47 AM   #3125
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello !
I have a problem that annoys me when I listen to sound on the ANDROID side (KSWplayer / Spotify player or any) and I switch to the OEM side, the sound (on AUX) is always muted (?) when driving and wanting for example,
Adjust the on-board computer = no More sound
When Android Auto is disconnected, the unit switches to the OEM side, so = more sound
When you park and PDC stop = no More sound
You want to display Sport = no More sound
It is quite painful!
Anyone have a solution please ??

You have to set "Aux switching mode" to manual, and best is to set AUX-Input to one of the shortcut keys of your OEM HU.

Kri
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      04-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #3126
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Kri,

the problem is that these are all the players (Spotify / KswPlayer / Es Explorer ...) that pauses as soon as I go to the BMW OEM side, so manual and shortcut key unfortunately do not change anything.

Which is abnormal because on my old PX6 unit, I did not have this problem.

And on the OEM side BMW when I put the USB key in listening, and that I switch to Android = it works

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #3127
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Kri,

the problem is that these are all the players (Spotify / KswPlayer / Es Explorer ...) that pauses as soon as I go to the BMW OEM side, so manual and shortcut key unfortunately do not change anything.

Which is abnormal because on my old PX6 unit, I did not have this problem.

And on the OEM side BMW when I put the USB key in listening, and that I switch to Android = it works

Hmm, on my unit it was working, but at the moment it`s not installed, so can`t check what else it could be.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 05:43 PM   #3128
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Its not because of the source. When you switch to OEM side you still see on the top right that Aux is still active. The audio source dont get switched by switching to OEM or to Android. Its because the Android System gets the Intent to Pause the music when you switch.
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      04-12-2020, 03:33 AM   #3129
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
Its not because of the source. When you switch to OEM side you still see on the top right that Aux is still active. The audio source dont get switched by switching to OEM or to Android. Its because the Android System gets the Intent to Pause the music when you switch.
In fact this is what is curious: when I switch from ANDROID to OEM, any of the readers seem to pause.
And when I go from ANDROID to OEM, a few seconds then appears AUX at the top in OEM (I'll make you a video).
It is very curious as a behavior, especially since the opposite direction works perfectly well...
Do you think this is Hardware or Software ?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 03:48 AM   #3130
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, ok i need to check this then, because i`m only using DAB-Z on Android side which does not stop playing when switching to OEM side, there is just a very short (~100ms) break of the sound.

Edit: maybe its the way how the switch from Android to OEM has been done ?
Kri
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      04-12-2020, 04:12 AM   #3131
daschacka
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Hmm, ok i need to check this then, because i`m only using DAB-Z on Android side which does not stop playing when switching to OEM side, there is just a very short (~100ms) break of the sound.

Edit: maybe its the way how the switch from Android to OEM has been done ?
Kri
Yes correct. I have the Event in my Tasker. Im gonna post it later when im in my car. You can use it as an event to continue the music if music was playing. I also found the intent which tells the Android System that the ignition is about to shut off.
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      04-12-2020, 11:33 AM   #3132
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Arrow

To get things done, I took a few photos after saving: I am with the Android media player => I go to the BMW OEM side. We can see that the STOP command is sent, but I don't know how to counter this order, or create a new one so that the music continues on the BMW OEM side :

One observation: the ANDROID audio player remembers its position! And when we restart it, it waver, and starts again from the cut to the OEM video:

I did a factory reset to see = I lost all my applications, all my configuration, and more than 2 hours to put everything back in place without its solution to this problem ...

the GPS sound from the ANDROID system goes well on the BMW OEM side (I don't understand anything anymore)

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #3133
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

sint the music player killed when switching and it just restarts quickly on re-selection?
I had something likewise that, as soon as I switched apps, it killed my previous apps.
It wouldnt allow apps to run in the background... it was a background service killer.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #3134
karl77
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3 E83

Anyone have a MCU for my unit? it got messed up after a crash and had to factory restore and its now a different mcu and dont work well whit my car X3 E83 whit factory navi screen, now i cant get the original info on the unit, it just say no signal!

My mcu is: 615043bALS HW7 and android 9 rk3399 unit

And can i i update whit any px6 andoird 9 updates?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 01:14 AM   #3135
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
sint the music player killed when switching and it just restarts quickly on re-selection?
I had something likewise that, as soon as I switched apps, it killed my previous apps.
It wouldnt allow apps to run in the background... it was a background service killer.
Hello,
Thank you for your help, it's a very good track (in addition to sending the intention, found via TASKER, which indicates that the music player has switched to STOP)
Can you tell us which application did you see killed in the background on your unit please ?

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 03:01 AM   #3136
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your help, it's a very good track (in addition to sending the intention, found via TASKER, which indicates that the music player has switched to STOP)
Can you tell us which application did you see killed in the background on your unit please ?

It's in the 7.1 HU topic somewhere... (Search for background or killer will do the trick) I think it was something with "event" but it was an integrated part of the software that took a lot of time to get coded out by someone that finally understood how it was coded.
I stopped following the subject due to other priorities...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 04:47 AM   #3137
daschacka
Private
Rep

Quote:
To get things done, I took a few photos after saving: I am with the Android media player => I go to the BMW OEM side. We can see that the STOP command is sent, but I don't know how to counter this order, or create a new one so that the music continues on the BMW OEM side :

One observation: the ANDROID audio player remembers its position! And when we restart it, it waver, and starts again from the cut to the OEM video:

I did a factory reset to see = I lost all my applications, all my configuration, and more than 2 hours to put everything back in place without its solution to this problem ...

the GPS sound from the ANDROID system goes well on the BMW OEM side (I don't understand anything anymore)

Hi,

These logcat i found for switching to OEM side:

Code:
IPowerManagerAppService

IContentObserver - Key:systemMode - com.wits.pms.custom.KswStatusHandler$3@7804560
And this logcat i found when the unit is about to shutdown

Code:
IPowerManagerAppService

sendStatus Msg: {"jsonArg":"{\"acc\":0
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      04-13-2020, 12:56 PM   #3138
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Lightbulb

Well,

well I have to find a way, because according to the seller ".. It is quite normal that the sound does not pass from ANDROID to OEM."

Ah good? And how do you explain that if I plug into this same AUX a mobile phone that plays music, it goes to the OEM side?

In short, just that when we go from ANDROID to OEM an order is sent via MCU to the unit as follows:

- Saves the position of the media player
- Stop the media player
- Stop all media
- Kills all media
- deactivates the tone on 2 speakers

So I found a way to reactivate the media, to make it replay, but the display switches back to ANDROID at this time. I have to find a way to play the music in service or background application, but I can't find how to do it ...

the picture TASKER :

any suggestions or explanation of "background service" on TASKER are welcome friends!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #3139
daschacka
Private
Rep

Mhhh it gotta be related to the internal Music Player.
With other apps its working, for example Spotify.
Someone have to decompile the KSWMedia App and look into the code
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:24 AM   #3140
zehirlioglu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

no connection to E60 CCC

Hello friends,

I have a problem.

I have BMW E60 and bought Android Radio CCC through NaviFly.

I made updates several times and installed different MCU versions on it.
Unfortunately I have no connection to my car, steering wheel and menu button and the wheel does not work.
I have already measured the cables there are no problems, I also got new cables from the seller, also no success . Then I tried the radio on my friend's BMW E60, but it was not a success either.

what do you think it could be?
Attached Images

Last edited by zehirlioglu; 04-14-2020 at 03:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 03:56 AM   #3141
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Mhhh it gotta be related to the internal Music Player.
With other apps its working, for example Spotify.
Someone have to decompile the KSWMedia App and look into the code
Spotify also cuts from the ANDROID side to OEM unfortunately ...

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:38 AM   #3142
fredy3330
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 -n46

zehirlioglu Have you tried to change can protocols at settings?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:52 AM   #3143
daschacka
Private
Rep

Quote:
Spotify also cuts from the ANDROID side to OEM unfortunately ...

I know but i mean in Tasker you can let Spotify continue the music if the intent was sent.
Maybe you can try to let Tasker the music continue for KswPMedia
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #3144
zehirlioglu
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy3330 View Post
zehirlioglu Have you tried to change can protocols at settings?
Yes I tried the Can protocols too, no success
Attached Images

Last edited by zehirlioglu; 04-14-2020 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #3145
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
I know but i mean in Tasker you can let Spotify continue the music if the intent was sent.
Maybe you can try to let Tasker the music continue for KswPMedia
Thank you but any TASKER order (witsKswPlayer, spotify, ESplayer) sent always returns the interface to ANDROID.

What I can say here, in my progress, is that it passes this sequence in the S625 ANDROID unit when we press the MENU button to return to OEM:

- OutSideCommandManager: access $ 1300: 50 (which could be translated as going to OEM)
- OutSideCommandManager: close MediaType = 11 (which could be translated as closing all media)
- OutSideCommandManager: CloseMusic (which could be translated as closing all music)
- Audio_hw_primary: disable_snd_device (2: speaker) (which could be translated as closing the audio channel)

So I think these orders can / should be changed to leave the sound (music or media) continuous
GPS background services continue to exist, so sound is still playing, media services are being killed, so sound is no longer playing ...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #3146
daschacka
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you but any TASKER order (witsKswPlayer, spotify, ESplayer) sent always returns the interface to ANDROID.

What I can say here, in my progress, is that it passes this sequence in the S625 ANDROID unit when we press the MENU button to return to OEM:

- OutSideCommandManager: access $ 1300: 50 (which could be translated as going to OEM)
- OutSideCommandManager: close MediaType = 11 (which could be translated as closing all media)
- OutSideCommandManager: CloseMusic (which could be translated as closing all music)
- Audio_hw_primary: disable_snd_device (2: speaker) (which could be translated as closing the audio channel)

So I think these orders can / should be changed to leave the sound (music or media) continuous
GPS background services continue to exist, so sound is still playing, media services are being killed, so sound is no longer playing ...

Please try this one:

Code:
IPowerManagerAppService

IContentObserver - Key:systemMode - com.wits.pms.custom.KswStatusHandler$3@7804560
This worked for me. I only tried it on Spotify. Try it on KSW (if you use KSW Media Player mainly)
Appreciate 0